October 23, 2014 | 899 users online

Lash Treatments - Ardell - Brow & Lash Growth Accelerator Treatment Gel

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2012 6:40:00 PM More reviews by gchris

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this after reading the reviews here. It was so cheap ($8), I thought even if its a gimmick, for that price it was worth it to try. I personally noticed a difference in my lashes after using it the first night. As long as I use it I can see a difference. If I use it both at night and the in the morning before mascara, my lashes look better than if I only use at night. I also changed mascara after I started using this because a co-worker recommended a mascara and that also made a difference. So using the serum alone will add some benefit but will not make up for a mascara that doesn't do anything for your lashes. I also forgot to mention that I have noticed no matter what kind of mascara i use, my lashes had a little added curl they did not have before. For someone who does not want the side effects of prescription or other harsh eyelash enhancers, I would give this a try first. As an added note, my lashes have gotten some sparse and straighter since I have gotten older and this is the first time I have been happy with my lashes and actually felt they looked "pretty" since I noticed them declining. If I have forgot to mention something that you wanted to know please feel free to email me here.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2012 11:25:00 PM More reviews by PinkCoconutXo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ive been using this on my brows for several months now. It helps keep them healthy and full looking. It also helps hold them in place. It dries pretty quickly and is unscented. I do think it helps stimulate growth and definitely conditions well. I think it's a fab product and is priced perfectly.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2012 7:04:00 PM More reviews by SweetTartx3

I was really sceptical about this product, i never really believed that a product can actually promote hair growth and for the price i paid for this i really wasnt sure. I bought it off amazon for like 4$ so i really had nothing to lose so i gave it a try. All i can say is that this product really works! I saw results the first night! I use it on my lashes and brows. The process is slower for my brows but for my lashes wow! I have decent long lashes but with the ardell gel my lashes look much fuller, applying mascara is so easy now. I definitely recommend this product, i mean for the price its worth the try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2012 2:02:00 PM More reviews by MissEstelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

First off: This is product that pushed me from appreciation to straight up gratitude towards this site. You guys have helped me find the products to make me look and feel more beautiful than ever before.

The actual product: It works great for me. My brows are filling in, my lashes are noticeably longer, and when I wear it under my mascara as a base, it honest to God looks like I'm wearing false lashes, that is the awesome effect I get (my Mascara is Cover Girl eyelights).

And the most astounding bonus is that my eyelashes seem to have started growing into a perfect arch: When I wake up first thing in the morning all groggy and my hair a mess, my eyelashes look like a professional went at them with an eyelash curler. It's amazing.

My method of appliance is as follows: I use it as a base for my mascara, applying it as I apply the regular mascara. I then style my brows with it, it's great for this. After I wash off my makeup at night, I apply it again to both brows and eyelashes, this time going a bit heavier on the lashes. I then gently wipe off any excess by just putting my finger up to my eye and blinking a couple of times - otherwise it gets in my contact lenses.

And voila! Doe-eyes 24/7!

So yeah. I don't know if it'll do the same for others, but it's my little darling, and I keep well stocked up on it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2012 7:03:00 PM More reviews by Eeeeelicia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm kind of a nervous girl, just in general. And sometimes, when life gets extra nerve-wracking, I tend to regress back to an awful old habit that I maintained during my junior year of high school: over-tweezing my eyebrows. I curse myself every time I do it, because I am well aware of the exact moment when I am just about to go beyond the point of acceptable, into crazy-looking territory. But nothing will stop me when I am in "the zone."

After the massacre is complete, I will immediately face an overwhelming sea of emotions...mostly embarrassment coupled with regret. In the past, I would just ride out the pain, but then I heard about these "brow growth accelerator" thingies. Honestly, I tried Ardell's first because it was the cheapest one that I could find (at just over $4.00). However, I don't think I will be trying any others, because this stuff works really well. If applied every night, I will see substantial new growth in only a few days. This product was quite the pleasant surprise, and I will definitely be repurchasing.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2012 7:34:00 PM More reviews by saphiric

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

I LOVE THIS STUFF! My lashes are the typical straight sparse asian lashes that look almost invisible without mascara or falsies. At first I was skeptical to try this since it was so cheap (~$4 for a tube), but I'm so glad I did! The gel is clear and the wand is like a mascara wand. I have used this for months now and my lashes have grown noticeably thicker, more volumous and even a teensy bit longer. I hope Ardell never discontinue this product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2012 2:18:00 PM More reviews by lollsazz

I want you to notice: different things work for different people - a product may work for you, while doing nothing for another person. I have tried several lash and brow boosters (read about Ardell further down).
Castor oil:
- did nothing for me, although some people do notice difference. It was oily and nasty to sleep with, and in the morning, my vision was blurry till I could get the oil out of my eyes.
L'Oreal lash and brow boost:
- actually worked a little bit. I didn't like the applicator and the results after about 4-5 months were quite subtle.
RapidLash:
- quite expensive. Worked - one of my friends asked if I was wearing mascara when I wasn't - before RapidLash my lashes were amost invisible, but after, they were actually black and fuller. The problem is that if you get this in the eye, it burns! It also left the area where I applied a bit red and sore, and my eyes never got used to the product.
Lipocils:
- did absolutely nothing for neither my brows or my lashes. The applicator was very difficult to work with (together with this particular product)
Bimatoprost/Careprost (0.03%):
- I really like this for my eyes because it doesn't sting and works well for me. It makes my lashes quite curly, dark and many less fall out. The downside is that it leaves a bit of pigmentation, but I personally don't have a problem with that - after using it for a while, it usually disappears on me. I also almost always wear concealer, and that fixes it while the pigmentation is there. After I stop using this, the pigmentation fades quite fast. A few people reported their iris getting darker, but I haven't noticed any darkening on my light brown eyes. I also like to use Careprost on my brows because it manages to penetrate my skin and make new hairs appear. The downside is that it's a little expensive to use in on the eyebrows.
Billion Dollar Brow:
- I see that I have gotten a lot of tiny hairs between my normal eyebrow hairs, and I have used the product for about a month. I think 1 tube (4 mL) will last me around 1.5 months, at max 2, but, right now, I think the results will be worth it. After about 3-4 months my brows have filled in nicely, but still I want more. This is a pretty good product that may be worth trying out, but I'm trying out minoxidil (Rogaine) for men on my brows next. If you want to try out BDB, remember: one tube doesn't last very long, but they often have discounts, so wait for that ;) And, this can also be used for your lashes :)
- Minoxidil/Rogaine (5%): I think it's really good, although it took some weeks to see any results. It really makes hairs grow where there weren't growing before. This doesn't mean you need to be very careful with applying this, but you probably don't want to go too too much outside where you actually want your brows to be. If you're tinting your eyebrows, wait for a day before you apply this over them as this can pull colour out of the brows if it's applied soon after. BTW: I haven't had any growth of hair any other place on my face while using this - grows only where applied. So: I do recommend this.
Now for Ardell: I bought it on sale, but it's quite cheap anyway. At first I used it on both by brows an lashes, but I'll tell about that later.
It's a slightly weird smelling gel, but nothing that really puts me off. I used it for about 5 months and the results I got was stronger, thicker brow hairs. I didn't think about it before about 3 weeks ago, but my brow-hairs were actually much softer before. I have always had sparse brows with almost no arch, but after about 5 months, I actually see that where I wanted my arch to be has filled in a bit - not quite enough, but much better than it was before. I will therefore conclude with that: Ardell made the hairs stronger, thicker and makes them grow where they did not grow before. This doesn't mean you need to be careful with it - it takes quite a long time to make hair grow where it has never grown before, and proper results will probably take quite a long time, which is the reason I stopped using this - I want to find something that works faster.
Now to WHERE I use it: only on my brows! The reason is that (this don't sting) if you get this in your eye, it will feel like you have GLUE on your eyeball - I can't describe it better, but it's VERY uncomfortable! It's quite easy to get in in your eye, because: for it to work, it needs to be applied on the skin right above your lashline. You could try to apply it with an eyeliner-brush, but it's quite hard because the product is a gel. On the contrary: it's great on the brows - a gel-texture is comfortable enough there. Spread it with your fingers after you've applied it on. BTW: this doesn't cause discolouration. I used this only at night.
Would I recommend it: yes, but ONLY if you're going to use it on your brows. Put it on your lashes at your own risk. The discomfort it brings to my eyes isn't worth the results - I have other things for my lahes. The results are good for a product this cheap - it's $4!

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2012 11:04:00 AM More reviews by Cara_M

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Sorry to rain on the parade here, but this really did nothing for either brows or lashes for me, and I've been using it for months! Talika Lipocils worked great on my lashes when I tried it last year - I'd recommend that instead. I've ditched this and am trying RapidBrow on my my brows now and am seeing some improvements already. The Ardell product may be cheap, but I'd prefer to spend a little extra to get something that WORKS.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2012 3:31:00 PM More reviews by egagnondrolet

I bought this product in hopes to help my sparse over tweezed eyebrows.

I found that I had to pump the wand multiple times to get enough product to coat my eyebrows. I usually would end up using my finger to spread it on evenly.

Over the course of 2 weeks of using this stuff faithfully twice a day morning and night I am amazed that my brows are fuller than they have been in years!!!! I also found that my brow hair looks slightly darker.

I would recommend this product to anyone who has done years of damage by over plucking!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2012 4:17:00 PM More reviews by themeanreds

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

To my surprise and delight this stuff actually seems to work. My lashes seemed shorter after having a baby. I found a 3 pack of this for $12 on Amazon and decided to try it. I don't know if it's the gel or just my hormones going back to normal but now after a month of use my long, thick eyelashes are back! It's cheap, only takes a second to use, and can be layered under mascara, too.