August 1, 2014 | 1864 users online

Liquid - Lancome - Teint Idole ULTRA [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2012 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Purplegal

I like this, but I wanted to love it! :-(. It just didn't do anything special for me. The SA did a great job with the color match, but my skin would become very oily & shiny after 4-5 hours and the foundation would disappear. It just didn't work well enough for me to justify the price. I'm still glad I tried it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2012 2:25:00 PM More reviews by enydonus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It's expensive but the packaging and pump design are intelligent. The finish is gorgeous and natural (satin matte). Later on in the day (5 hours or so) my nose will start to look oily but it blots without transferring. It lasts easily til I take it off at night. 4N Ivory is my colour and blends well whether I'm pale or slightly tan. I love it, or I would love it if my skin did. Day one, a couple blocked pores, nothing serious. Day two, a few pimples. Day three, so many pimples that it looked like chicken pox all over my face, chest, and ears; also pain, excruciating pain all over my skin much like a migraine. Stopped using it at that point but my skin is still recovering. I had an extraction on day 5 and that alleviated the pain, the pimples flattened and I'm healing a week later. It's not certain what ingredient caused the reaction or if it was the slight perfume. I really miss the gorgeous finish and might try the new 24 hour formulation but there's much reason to hesitate :\ Sensitive skin beware.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2012 2:24:00 PM More reviews by mel39

Great foundation, I preferred this to the new 24 hour Teint Idole Ultra. Dries very quickly to a satin finish, so if you are using it along with concealer for blemishes, do one section of your face at a time. Lasts all day, I only needed to use a little powder once or twice if I was wearing it from 6 in the morning to 11 at night (I have very oily skin). VERY expensive, but worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2012 1:01:00 PM More reviews by rsmuskie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The coverage you get with this foundation is amazing. And yet it's lightweight, does not feel like a mask after application. It hides the wrinkled lines and shadows above my upper lip line prefectly. No other foundation has done that in the past. I had tried concealers, primers, you name it, nothing covered those wrinkled lines and shadows as perfectly as Teint Idole Ultra does! I didn't even use my usual primer this morning, just moisturizer and then the foundation. I din't even have to use any extra concealer to hide the hyperpigmentation brown marks on my cheeks. It went on smoothly, no waste at all with the convenient pump dispenser. I wish I had known about this doundation years ago - I wouldn't have wasted my time and money on all of the others I had tried to just "make do" with. I've tried hundreds of foundations, but now I understand why Lancome has the makeup market beat. It's the best. Sure, I paid more than I wanted to, but, if it covers and wears as well as it does without my having to retouch it, then it's worth not having to waste time using all those other products just to get the look that Teint Idole can give me with just the use of one product. I still can't get over how a 24 hour wear foundation can feel like you're wearing nothing on your face. Superior product!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2012 2:18:00 PM More reviews by salbaliao

I do not like this foundation. Yes, it offers very good coverage, but I find it way too drying. I have normal/dry skin, but this foundation makes my skin look and fee very very dry. This product is best suited for those with oilier complexion. My sister also purchased this, and she loves it, and it makes her skin look flawless. It is also quite pricey for a bottle of foundation, I paid $56 for it (tax included) and I live in Canada. I went out and bought myself another foundation for a lot less and works a lot better for me. Currently, I am using Almay the 16 hour coverage one. I only use the Lancome foundation as a concealer or in areas that require more coverage. Bottom line, I would not purchase this product again, not because it is a bad product, but it is just not suitable for my skin type.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2012 7:54:00 AM More reviews by Obs1d1an

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I have never had much luck with liquid foundation, often they are too oily and don't have any staying power on my combination skin + sweating condition.

I was colour matched by a consultant and given a sample pot to try before purchase. I really wasn't expecting much but I've used it for three days now and I can say it's not bad.

You don't need a large amount for decent coverage and my skin tone definitely looked even after application. I like to finish with a dusting of mineral powder to set it because I could never trust liquids but I probably wouldn't need to. It definitely has lasting power and I try harder to cleanse my face at the end of the day.

I have excessive sweating on my face. With this I find I have to blot with tissue for a little while but my skin eventually settles down and the colour stays. I am quite happy with the results of this but of course there's a higher price tag.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2012 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Wood_stock

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

very good ingredients, it doesn't break out at all, it gives you light coverage but for me not a 5 lips product because the color doesnt really match my skin ( the lightest shade is still 1 shade darker than my skin color, i am a MAC NW 20).

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2012 10:29:00 PM More reviews by DallasCowgirl

This is a good foundation. However it is my backup foundation to my iman foundation. With that being sad a department store foundation shouldn't come second to a drug store foundation..don't get me wrong it's really nice but not a lot of color variety for AA women...it's nice but I would purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2012 4:11:00 PM More reviews by lashleyc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The best thing about this product is it blends flawlessly into my skin. Sometimes, I have dry patches that I need to moisturize but this foundation glides on over my dry skin very smoothly. I have never worn a foundation that seems to literally smooth out imperfections. I apply the foundation with a foundation brush because I have noticed the coverage is better. Because of my sensitive skin, a pimple will (almost always) become bright red. This foundation lessens the redness and makes my skin look dewy without being oily. I also found that setting the foundation with MUFE HD Powder is a must for me to combat my oily skin throughout the day.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2012 12:16:00 PM More reviews by OlayiRoyalty

I thought it was very drug storish... Not impressed. Glad I only used the sample and didn't open the real thing. I WILL BE RETURNING IT.