October 25, 2014 | 1646 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Skinfinish-Stereo Rose

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2013 7:50:00 PM More reviews by marisol24

I am reviewing the most recent release from the apres collection I believe. I walked into MAC looking to browse, not having any idea of what collections might be out etc. When I saw this, I was surprised to see the ever so popular stereo rose so I had the MAC artist try it on my cheeks. Absolutely beautiful, it makes my cheeks feel glowy but not shimmery and it lasted on me for about 6 hours after that I didn't really notice if it remained on my cheeks. I like to use it as an eye shadow as well and it gives me color, as opposed to normal highlighters which I love. This is why I categorize it mostly as a blush. I would repurchase again, but I don't think I will have to.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 10:39:00 AM More reviews by mlopezcano

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Worth the hype?
This shade its just so pretty...and i believe it would suit any skin colors.
For referece im NC25 in Mac.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 12:49:00 PM More reviews by zoegirly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Very pretty color! I use brush 188 with this. Suits both NC and NW.
Easy to adjust the color -from light touch on your cheeks -to heavy touch.
Beautiful over MACs Mineralize satinfinish fondation.

(If you are unable to get a hold on this- try MACs Blush "Springsheen" instead - its very similar.)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by dcabc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I finally got my hands on this with the Apres Chic release and I love it. I was concerned it would be too orange on my fair skin (NW15), but it's a lovely coral. I use it as a blush. To compare, Center of the Universe MSF looks almost burnt orange next to SR, and Laura Geller's Pink Grapefruit (which I read was a SR dupe) is deeper and rosier. There is some frost, but it's not OTT - it's like a coral version of Blond MSF, which has some frost and also makes my cheeks glow.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2012 6:38:00 PM More reviews by princess101

I've had a chance to purchase twice during its re-release and I have to say, I'm not a fan. The original is far superior in terms of colour and finish. While I know MSFs can vary depending on veining, I have found the new releases to be much more frosted and on the peachy side compared to the original. The original was much softer, with a golden pink shade and had a slight sheen---which offered a nice healthy glow to the cheeks. I will not re-purchase these again as I don't think they will ever compare to the original.
The re-releases are nice in colour but calling them Stereo Rose is an insult to the original. Nice try MAC.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 3:02:00 PM More reviews by PinkBeee

I love this skin finish so much! Got the last one at my local counter. tried in on when I got home with NO makeup on and i have to say its the most beautiful natural color that I have ever used. I dont think people need to worry about backups, my first skin finish from over 3 years ago I haven't even hit pan in yet. LOVELOVELOVE! HG for sure

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2012 10:48:00 PM More reviews by NikkiDagger

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I've had 2 different Stereo Rose MSFs and both were too dark to be a highlight & too frosty to be a cheek color. Plus, they looked "dirty" on me. With the first one, I thought that it was due to the marbling or batch. Then, when I used another one with different marbling from a different batch, that ended up looking exactly the same on me, I thought that it was because of my C5/NC42 coloring. BUT, now that I've read some reviews from people with fair to dark complexions, that mention this looking frosty and/or dirty on them, I don't have a clue as to why Stereo Rose has this effect on us. To anyone that has had these problems AND those dying to get their hands on Stereo Rose, I STRONGLY SUGGEST TRYING MILANI'S ROSE D'ORO BAKED BLUSH. It's cheaper, easier to get a hold of and everything that I wanted/expected Stereo Rose to be. Big THANKS to bloominbeautyblog.com for bringing Rose D'Oro's likeness to Stereo Rose to my attention.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2012 1:07:00 PM More reviews by Tygerlilee84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

One word: overhype. I wonder if this is a product that is better on certain skin types. On me it's a coral and a little dirty. It's too dirty for me, but I'm very pale and cool toned. This is the 2nd release of it, if that makes any difference. I'm glad I tried it. I always get sucked into hype and HAVE to try it so that's been satisfied, but it's only ok. I like Tarte tipsy much better on me-it's cleaner and the same shade. At least on me. With both SR and Tipsy I have to make sure my brush is clean though. Even a well wiped off brush will transfer color through these blushes.
I also didn't see much in the way of a "glowy" finish on this. The finish just looked like a blush. Nothing too notable. So for me this product was, "Meh."

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2012 5:34:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

I get compliments every time I wear this skinfinish by MAC. Stereo Rose is more a blush than a highlighter to me - and that is how I use it. I lightly sweep it up my cheekbone just above my bronzer and it leaves a nice sheer swatch of color. Even though I am older, I do not notice that this settles into lines such that it looks inappropriate for my age. I bought this when MAC had it out again with one of their collections because everyone was raving about it on line and I am glad I did! One will last a long time, if not a lifetime!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2011 12:31:00 AM More reviews by xxhna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim. So glad I did! I didn't really think I'd like it at first because I'm often intimidated by these types of colors. But this blush is so beautiful! I just sweep this across my cheeks and boom! Ah I just love this msf! I bought a backup ... But hopefully they bring it back again! -___-