September 23, 2014 | 1075 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lancome - Pure Focus T-Zone Mattifier

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2008 1:30:00 PM More reviews by fascinationbeauty

i really love this product.

itīs a transparent gel that mattifies nose, chin and forehead immediately.

perfect under mineral make -up !

subtle clean scent.

thatīs
my HG ! mattifier

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2007 11:27:00 PM More reviews by Isabella76

I think you are all applying too much of this product - putting it on too thick. I absolutely love it - I've been using it for years.

I have huge pores, fine lines and really oily skin and this covers them up and keeps my face looking very natural and smooth. I use only this - no makeup over it.

First I blot my face with a tissue to get rid of excess oil. Then I apply a tiny amount and spread it very thinly over my face - I use as little as possible. Then, it dries after about one minute and looks absolutely beautiful. I get compliments on my skin all the time and I don't even wear foundation - only this mattifier and I'm 30 years old with huge pores and some fine lines. This makes the pores look tiny and hides the fine lines and its the only thing that works.

Another thing I love about this product is that it doesn't give me zits or blackheads or make my skin irritated. It is very soothing and doesn't cause breakouts. Pretty much anything else does - which is why I don't wear makeup. So for me, this is the ideal product. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2007 2:52:00 AM More reviews by jojod16

I use this as a primer also. it always make skin shinning quickly! don't like it. worse than other pure focus products.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2007 9:22:00 PM More reviews by Mellsers528

I've gone through about a million tubes of this stuff because I haven't found anything better. I use this then I layer MAC's Loose Blot Powder then I set it with Evian's facial spray then agan with another layer of this on my nose. It works okayyy. My skin will start getting shiny within two hours or even less but I just have very unfortunatly oily skin. This would probably work great for someone with less oily skin. It does do a good job of making my pores disappear.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2006 4:09:00 PM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i am so shocked this has actually had ANY good reviews! it was actually quite expensive and at Ģ24 i expect A LOT more than sumthin worth around 50p...this was horrible it didnt mattify at all- in fact i think the texture of this made my face even oiler....my make up looked like it was literally melting on me i looked like a shiny mess after 5 mins of putting this on. and the thing is i wasnt even THAT oily skinned before i used this stuff. what a waste of money

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2006 6:02:00 PM More reviews by karolcia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i like. dont love it. makes my pores look smaller. after few hours my skin gets shinny. i'm still looking for thr best one...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2006 7:21:00 PM More reviews by Blueness

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like this stuff but I only use it as a primer, not necessarily for mattifying- in the am I use my aspirin toner, then Alpha Hydrox 10% lotion then Pure Focus Mattifier, let dry then foundation (L'Oreal True Match) and concealer. Voila, perfect smooth skin with only one or two oil breakthru's during the day. I love it, no breakouts or clogs but I think that has more to do with the aspirin toner and AHA lotions than my makeup routine. Wish it didnt have fragrance but other than that, love it and will keep buying!*****EDITED 7/13/06- I've abandoned this product entirely and have been using cheap ole Soothing Care Powder Gel as a primer- better, cheaper, no fragrance and dries to an all day matteness that I could never get with this stuff!*****

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2006 12:37:00 AM More reviews by melloly

didnt' mattify for me. sure, it's great for the first couple of hours, until the oil seeps through. i have combo/oily skin. I think this would be a very effective mattifier if you have only slightly oily skin. If your skin is very very oily - i think it would be better to invest in skincare which specifically aims at that problem. dont waste your money on this.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/8/2005 10:52:00 AM More reviews by beaheretic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm shocked at the generous reviews for this product; i was appalled! Not only did it mattify for about 5 minutes, but the texture of this so-called mattifier actually made my skin oilier and only looks good on top of your make-up, so you actually end up ruining your face base!

Definitely will not repurchase again - complete and utter waste of money!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2005 10:28:00 PM More reviews by gwennw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have swapped away so many mattifiers, it has been killing me! Finally, I found one that works and lasts all day. It is like an eraser for any shine on my face. I just put it on, and **POOF**..my face is beautifully silky, smooth and matte. It lasts through humidity and heat like no other. A small dab works for my entire T-zone, which is the only area I cover, b/c it is the only area where I need it. I try to conserve it as much as possible, b/c it is expensive, but worth it.