Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

3.8

INGREDIENTS: water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, glycerin, birch bark extract, lady's thistle extract, green tea leaf extract, saccharomyces lysate extract, sucrose, aloe barbadensis leaf water, trehalose, hydroxyethyl urea, sorbitol, oleth-10, tromethamine, caffeine, hydrogenated lecithin, hydrolyzed extensin, sodium hyaluronate, tocopheryl acetate, palmitoyl olgiopeptide, caprylyl glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl polymethacrylate, peg-8, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolumer, magnesuim ascorbyl phosphate, carbomer, hexylene glycol, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, red 4 (CI 14700), yellow 5 (CI 19140) [ILN33654].

on 2/24/2015 12:10:00 AM

Honestly there isn't much to say about this product. It's average at best and I don't find it to particularly do anything for my face. I put it on sometimes overnight just over my normal moisturizer but I could definitely live without it and I won't be purchasing it again.

on 2/24/2015 12:03:00 AM

This is my holy grail moisturizer. Unfortunately I can't afford it anymore but I can not find one negative thing about the quality. It improved my skin after only a few days of use. Best moisturizer I have ever used. It makes my skin so soft and smooth

on 2/23/2015 4:31:00 AM

i do like this moisturizer it sits nicely on my skin and makeup applies fine over the top of it, some days my skin is dryer and this doesn't seem moisturizing enough which is a bit of a let down from the product description but i find it great for everyday use!

on 2/18/2015 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I have been using this for many years as my final application product. This is a gel and as such it is easy to apply and easily absorbed by my skin. It has no fragrance and the texture is light and fresh.

I wear it at night over my nightcream and in the morning on these cold days just to give a bit of extra moisture to my cheeks and under eyes. Again because it absorbs so easily it is not greasy for my face or undereyes. It comes in a tub and for those of you who are skittish about your germs, use a spatula. I always use clean fingers and after application rub the remainder on my hands. It works on hands too. For the quality and usage, it is not expensive.

Recently much ado has been made about sleeping masks... I hate to say it but this has been my sleeping mask for the last decade even topping my oil du jour. Yes I look like an oil slick at night, but I don't care and neither does my partner. What I do care about is the fact that at my age I am still maintaining a very good quality of skin with minimal lines and no dry patches. This is the instrument of my choice to do that.

Will keep buying and always keep one as backup.

on 2/18/2015 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

This is the best moisturizer I've had for daily use! I use it under my makeup every day and it doesn't leave me oily or dry. It has a gel feel, is not oily, and does NOT cause breakouts!. It is not the best for super dry environments (ex: winter in Wisconsin!), but I use the Clinique Moisture Surge Intense for that! The intense version is a thicker cream and leaves me a bit more oily so I'll usually use that at night and then use this Moisture Surge in the morning before makeup. I just ordered some Moisture Surge tinted moisturizer and I'm excited to get that!

on 2/16/2015 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

The best way I can describe this moisturizer is 'average', at best. I prefer when moisturizers come with a pump, but I was willing to overlook that as this product has so many good reviews. I have very normal skin, not oily or particularly dry, but wanted to give my skin a boost after months of dry winter weather. Its better than nothing, but did nothing to really moisturize my skin. It felt nice when first applied, but five minutes later I felt like I needed to go put more on...and then more. Will not be repurchasing. I much prefer Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel (which is also oil-free).

I received a deluxe sample of this and while I was happy to have and use this gel-creme. The texture is super nice and kind of renewed my interest in Clinique skincare, if I'm honest. It glides on really nicely and lightly and feels comfortable on the skin. It is winter in a cold climate for me, and I was hoping this would hydrate more (given the name)... But it only provided a very light amount of moisture. I could see this being great in more hot and humid weather. I am wondering if this caused me a break-out, but I can't definitely be sure that it did.

on 2/1/2015 12:00:00 PM

After a mad moment during which I declared my love for Clinique - very out of character for me as a nature girl - I bought this for my skin that was rejecting the change to English weather after living in the sun for a few years.

The most important thing for me is that this is oil-free. One of the reasons I've returned to the less natural side of skin care is because oil is my biggest acne trigger (I don't care what these OCM people say) and oil-free products are rare in the natural world.

I like the silkiness this has to the touch, it feels luxurious and a little goes a long way in application. The moisturising properties, however, are a little disappointing as it seems to pick up on all my dry patches and my skin still doesn't feel as comfortable as it could. A random effect is that is seems to encourage me to have a hot flush not long after I've applied it...probably not a good sign in terms of reactions :(

So all in all, I won't repurchase, especially as I have my eye on the new Nars Aqua Gel!

on 1/20/2015 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Bought this in duty free and so sorry I didn't try a sample first. This is overrated in my opinion. Firstly looks nice, although dislike that you have to keep dunking your fingers in. Prefer pumps etc. the texture is beautiful.. for the first 2 mins then it feels like a horrible fake mask film over your face. No moisturising in my experience. I have combi skin. So not too dry but this offered no moisturising and my skin felt dreadfully dull. The next day, looks like all that silicone feel and sealed in by film did it's trick as horrible little rasht breakout all over which hasn't happened for a while as I've been sticking to gel moisturisers and such. I'm now trying kiehls gel. Hope for the best. Trying to find a replacement for creme de la mer gel moisturiser. Just something that soothes and won't irritant while providing gentle moisture. Minimising pores and providing balance and glow would be great!! Any suggestions???

on 1/19/2015 10:15:00 PM

This is the best overnight lotion. Hydrate perfectly into skin and does not cause breakouts. Would highly recommend

Popular Moisturizers