December 21, 2014 | 864 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2014 9:40:00 PM More reviews by hmd2266

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. Make sure you use the clarifying lotion or another exfoliate first, otherwise this is worthless.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2014 10:52:00 PM More reviews by Ratten1996

My first moisturizer and always.

Price is acceptable,packaging is simple and bold. Water-gel like consistency,in soft peach colour. Smells like chemical but bearable.

I have normal skin, no major flaws. I like it because it provide the right amount of hydration for me,light weight,fast-absorbed,nothing sticky left over my face. My face always feel supple and moisturized whenever I use it,so I believe it work well for me. Plus,it's mild and cause no sign of allergy. It might not be sufficient for people with dry skin though.

Will probably stick to this if I can't find a better substitute.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2014 1:36:00 AM More reviews by babylima

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

doesnt do much to my skin. my skin feels tight after using it. also despite its smell is not strong, it feels unnatural and chemical to me. not recommended for dry skin types. maybe will do for combo/oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2014 6:11:00 AM More reviews by imperiale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Let me preface by saying that I have extremely dry skin - to the point where it flakes off in patches, and very few products have done much good to make a difference. After seeing so many good reviews of this moisturiser, and having a gift card, I figured what the heck, I'd try it... and I've been quite pleased!

I find that the Moisture Surge on its own isn't quite enough for my skin - which doesn't surprise or bother me because literally nothing is, but I find that when I use it in combination with my other two favourites, Argan oil and Badger Balm, it's AWESOME.
My routine is as follows: I cleanse, tone, apply Argan oil, apply Moisture Surge, and then apply Badger Balm on any particularly dry or sensitive areas - typically under my eyes, edges of my nose, and chin. I have to say, I LOVE the feeling of the Moisture Surge - I've never used something with a jelly consistency before, and I'm very pleasantly surprised. It spreads and absorbs quickly and locks in moisture, but gives a "dry" feeling to the face if that makes sense - it's not oily, or creamy, or slippery, and makeup applies over it like an absolute dream. I use it during the day time, and in the evening typically put a heavier cream on.

As for particulars, the price is a bit steep - I believe it's 34. I don't particularly mind, because I'll keep using anything that works on my uber dry skin, and I'll definitely repurchase, but it's admittedly not a cheap product. That said, I'm not going through it super fast despite using it everyday, so really it's not bad value. The Moisture Surge is a gentle light pink colour, is fragrance free, has a gel-like consistency, and comes in a clear glass pot. I think the only thing I really have issue with is the pot, as it's not really the most hygienic, but it's a small qualm with a great over all product. I can imagine that it would be amazing for oilier skin types, but dry skinned ladies - don't rule it out - you can really make it work for you!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2014 11:10:00 PM More reviews by Gimmesandyy

I use this as my daytime moisturizer because i do have oily skin. It's so nice and light that my makeup glides on like a dream. Doesn't feel stick or heavy nor does it clog my pores. I mainly use it during the morning and it's been a lifesaver

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2014 8:04:00 PM More reviews by Beccask

I have pretty oily skin. This product is amazing for that. And doesn't leave my skin oily at all. The only thing is I'm not really sure if it's doing much for my skin or not. It's also quite expensive. But it is definitely the best moisturizer I have come across yet!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2014 11:02:00 AM More reviews by snowsun

I love this cream. I don't like the "fortifying" one, which feels tougher. "Extended thirst relief" has a very comfortable jelly consistency, a nice mild pink colour, and it is ideal for oily and combo skins. It gives you immediate freshness to your face. I've used it after the 3-step system or on top of my current moisturizer, to add extra moisture, or as a mask with short but flash good results, like giving a boost to your tired face in the afternoon. I'm still trying new products because skin is a dynamic tissue and you should not use the same cream for ever, but I always keep one jar of this cream in my cabinet, as I know it is a very good moisturizer which does not break me out. As a con, packaging consists of an unhygienic jar. I'll repurchase for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2014 8:19:00 AM More reviews by therose12

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a must have for dry sensitive skin. I use my 3 step skin care and put this over the DDML and then I use Perfectly Real foundation. This product lets your makeup glide on and gives you a smooth fresh look, much like a primer.

I can see a difference in my skin and gets rid of the flakiness in the T zone that I have from Rosacea. I think anyone could use this and for dry skin works best over moisturizer, but can be used alone in the summer time if you don't wear foundation. Gives a very fresh healthy look to your skin.

I would recommend this for any skin type...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2014 12:58:00 AM More reviews by GinaLeCupcake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! Even though I have dry/combo skin I purchased this during the summer time so I didn't think I would need as much moisture. First of all it glides nicely onto my skin and leaves it feeling silky and smooth, and it seems to give me enough moisture throughout my full day of work! This is an amazing product and I have recommended it to all of my friends! If you are thinking about it just go for it! You wont regret it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2014 1:18:00 AM More reviews by Emwins

I have come back to this stuff time and time again. It's pricey, and I'm a stickler for moisturizer and sunscreen, so I probably use this up faster than most, but I keep coming back! Definitely HG for me. The gel is just so saturating, my skin drinks it up almost before my eyes! Can't say enough good things about this stuff!