Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

3.8

INGREDIENTS: water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, glycerin, birch bark extract, lady's thistle extract, green tea leaf extract, saccharomyces lysate extract, sucrose, aloe barbadensis leaf water, trehalose, hydroxyethyl urea, sorbitol, oleth-10, tromethamine, caffeine, hydrogenated lecithin, hydrolyzed extensin, sodium hyaluronate, tocopheryl acetate, palmitoyl olgiopeptide, caprylyl glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl polymethacrylate, peg-8, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolumer, magnesuim ascorbyl phosphate, carbomer, hexylene glycol, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, red 4 (CI 14700), yellow 5 (CI 19140) [ILN33654].___________________________________________________________________Iingredients as of 2014: water\aqua\eau [] dimethicone [] butylene glycol [] trisiloxane [] glycerin [] betula alba (birch) bark extract [] silybum marianum (lady's thistle) extract [] camellia sinensis (green tea) leaf extract [] saccharomyces lysate extract [] sucrose [] aloe barbadensis leaf water [] trehalose [] thermus thermophillus ferment [] sorbitol [] oleth-10 [] tromethamine [] caffeine [] hydrogenated lecithin [] sodium hyaluronate [] tocopheryl acetate [] palmitoyl oligopeptide [] caprylyl glycol [] glyceryl polymethacrylate [] peg-8 [] ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolymer [] magnesium ascorbyl phosphate [] carbomer [] hexylene glycol [] disodium edta [] phenoxyethanol [] red 4 (ci 14700) [] yellow 5 (ci 19140)

This really did nothing for my dry skin. I used this alone and with other things and never did I notice great results. It left my skin feeling dry and tight. It also gave me little whiteheads all over my chin and cheek areas. I don't understand the hype.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Being that I am an insatiable shopaholic, I few weeks back I received a free full size 2.5 oz jar (retail $53) of this as a "thank you" for my insane spending habits at Clinique. And I gotta say, I do like this product more than I thought I would... But is it HG status? Naw...

This has a gel like consistency which is quite light, is very smooth, and it worked really well under foundation. I found this to be a nice change of pace from both my silicone laden serums and thicker facial creams at night, to sort of just give my skin a chance to breathe. This soaks in fast and did moisturize my skin - just not heavily. I also like the cooling sensation I get from this gel product.

Although this made my skin soft and moisturized, I have to say Clinique went way overboard on these "moisture quenching" claims. This would never work on the daily for anyone with really dry skin nor does it come close to being as moisturizing as a cream. I don't think this product is a miracle worker at all - more like a light lotion and primer in one which makes it a lot more convenient for people. For me, someone who needs quite a bit of moisture, the issue with this product is two-fold; it's too light for nighttime use 7 days a week and while it provides a nice canvas for foundation, there's no sunscreen in it so its not suitable for day use 7 days a week either. I can see where this would be a good night option for people with normal or combo skin or those prone to breakouts, but not for dry skin types. So while I like this enough to use it up, I don't like it enough to purchase it at full price. In short, this was great for a free product, however, it certainly is not worth $53. Clinique has way too many other available products with excellent formulations to bother with this run-of-the-mill, very "meh" product.

What a pleasant surprise this turned out to be!

I got this as part of a Clinique bonus giveaway - and just happened to find it in my closet.

While I prefer pump dispensers - I was amazed at how good my 60 yr old skin felt!

(I use a Q-tip rather than sticking my fingers in the product)

My husband even said to me that my skin felt really soft.

It goes on smoothly, absorbs quickly, doesn't have an odor. What's not to like?

I use it with a serum - or sometimes AS a serum - ie, under another moisturizer. My skin has been feeling great.

I actually had 2 of the sample jars - and just bought a regular one for when they run out.

I guess this worked to moisturize dry skin (though not that effective on very dry skin I believe). I simply would not repurchase as I believe this broke me out.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I can't speak for price because I received this as a Sephora points reward.

I have been suffering from very dry skin this fall/winter and I was excited to try this. It's worked very well for me. I alternate this with an Origins Drink Up mask and my skin has gone from dry and irritated to smooth in less than a week. I didnt realize how dry my skin was until I couldn't blend my BB cream anymore (really bad, I know). I applied this at night and I would wake up with very smooth skin in the morning and even the tone was even. I also have applied this throughout the day and before applying makeup and it really works for any time/situation. I dont know how expensive it is but it would have to be $$$ for me not to recommend/repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

People seem to not understand what this product is for. This gel like product is really for hydration to add hydration back to dehydrated skin that is lacking water. Not for dry skin that is lacking oil.if your skin is dry this isn't for you. If your skin is dehrdrated, this cream is amazing and provides sooo much hydration. I love it because my skin is oily it doesn't need extra oil but sometimes it still gets tight feeling because it's lacking hydration and this fixes it right up. Love it!

The bottom line is this is inadequately moisturizing for my skin. I had a small sample packet, which I used up in one night. This is unheard-of for me. Normally I use a much smaller amount of product.

I thought the texture was fine. I didn't detect much of a scent, but what I could smell was fine. I liked that it didn't contain arginine or chamomile, both ingredients I can't put on my face.

I felt the product sat on my skin for quite some time before absorbing. I'm not sure it ever absorbed, actually. It may have wiped off on my pillow. I put about half my sample packet on before bed, and woke at 4 am. I was up for 2 hours before I could go back to sleep, so while I was pottering around, I realized my face felt tight, so I put the remainder of the sample on my face. When I woke at 8:30 am, my face felt dry and tight again. Oh, additionally, when I put the product on my skin, my face became a bit red, but each time I woke the redness had faded.

In the end, my skin looks plump and nice, but it feels very uncomfortably tight and a little hot. The redness and rash which I think is rosacea on my cheeks does not seem to be irritated, which is nice, and it might even be less red. But it doesn't *feel* good, so I don't think I'd ever buy this.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I usually love Clinique makeup products but I totally hated this one. I got this as a gift when I bought a couple of Clinique products at a department store so at least I didn't pay for it. I have an allergy to aloe products (aloe makes my face red, dry and swollen) so I used this cream without knowing it had aloe (as far as I remember it doesn't say so in the packaging) and after a couple of days my skin was a complete mess, so I started a little research to what might caused my dryness and redness and I encountered the aloe problem, I stopped using it and my face went back to normal. The pros was that it's very light and I gave it to my sister (who isn't allergic to aloe) and she totally loved it, so I definitely don't recommend it to people with the same allergy that I have.

After I was disappointed with Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel, I still decided to give Clinique another chance. So I bought this one.

Pros:
+ Absorded quickly
+ Moisturizing enough + reduce oiliness ( does not give you fresh, glowy skin )
+ Does not have chemical scent like Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

Cons:
+ Expensive
+ Unhegienic packaging
+ Irritating ( the reason why I have to say goodbye to this product )

It seems like Clinique isn't suitable for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I have used this by applying it in the mornings before applying my primer and makeup. I let it absorb and so far I love that it is a gel moisturizer that absorbs nicely into the skin but feels REALLY hydrating. I don't know if it's just me but I noticed that my makeup looks tons better and less cakey when I use this moisturizer. The fact that it's a gel that doesn't have the amount of oils the other moisturizer has is a great thing in my book too.