September 17, 2014 | 1964 users online

Fragrances - Thierry Mugler - Alien

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2013 11:02:00 AM More reviews by scoulston

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a horror of a scent. It seems to be worn by over-made-up late teens who have no idea of subtlety. I watched a shop assistant practically empty a bottle of it over her and it was like walking into a wall of scent and that would appear to be how anyone crazy enough to like this wears it. It's a hideous foul scent that I can smell metres from whoever is wearing it. A shocker.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by karess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

ive purchased this perfume about 4 times now. smells nice and warm w a touch of super sexy mystery... theres never a time when I wear this that I dont get tons of compliments.. tons!! great bottle style unique and pretty.. definitely worth the dinero....

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2013 3:13:00 PM More reviews by MassacrPrincess

I bought this like three times now! I've always been looking for a perfume that mixes well with my natural smell but couldn't find the best one... Until I saw an advertisement in a magazine with a wipe sample and after that I fell deeply in love! It's an incredible smell, some of my friends smell it and aren't crazy about it but when I put it on and they smell it on me they fall inlove as well so I would have to say try it on and see if it's the same for you because it does change once on. Also I paid $130 for the smallest bottle so it is very expensive...

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2013 7:12:00 AM More reviews by laamus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use the EDT almost every day, works amazingly with my natural scent. It feels luxurious but very cool and a touch edgy at the same time. I've got soooo many compliments when wearing it!

Only thing I don't like about it is that I can't pop the top off, so it can't be used with a Travalo -- but maybe it's just the EDT, never tried the EDP.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 12:29:00 PM More reviews by christinemclaughlin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Alien is such a gorgeous smell. So unique and sensual, slightly ethereal and very alienesque. I ran out of my first bottle and am excited to purchase another. The purple and gold bottle is also beautiful, sort of exotic or medieval looking, and very much stands out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2013 9:52:00 PM More reviews by greenreed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

to me the grape stands out. very nice and balanced, but it seems it reminds me of something else at this point, mostly like Poison, which I know is stronger

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2013 12:14:00 PM More reviews by sillage

I have both EDP and EDT - this review is for the EDP.

Alien's notes, per parfumo.net: Jasmine sambac, Cashmere wood, Ambergris

Jasmine, wood, and amber. Jasmine can be a very bold white floral, and in Alien's case, I think it is. I have one word for Alien -- "harsh". It comes on strong, bold, scratchy, and rough to me, almost medicinal. Perfumey and aggressive. Even at drydown, the notes just don't ever meld together into a smooth, unified, cohesive, pretty scent.

May I add "grape" to that note list? Somehow it comes off "grapey" to me as well -- like a dark, scratchy, fermented, woody wine -- but I don't know where that grape feel comes from, since it's not in the note list. Alien also dries down a bit dusty/musty to me.

To my nose, Alien is in the same category as Poison and Guerlain Insolence -- deep purple grape mixed with dark woody mustiness. Mysterious & sexy? Maybe, but they're all heavy hitters. Alien, with that jasmine note, needs to be used carefully in order not to offend and overwhelm -- or give people headaches!

I bought my Alien EDP (gift set) on a cold, dark, overcast November day, and it was perfect for that weather and time of year, in my humble opinion. EDT is definitely lighter and may be preferable for many.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2013 11:32:00 PM More reviews by ExoticDoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My signature scent. Not much else to say! I wear it every day and I also own Alien EDT and the Alien Essence Absolue. I'm definitely a fan of warmer, sexy scents and all of the Alien fragrances happen to work very well with my skin's chemistry. I get compliments from both women AND men on this fragrance and tbh, it's usually men. Not a bad thing!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/20/2013 12:01:00 AM More reviews by redeverlasting

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Im not a perfume wearing type of girl. I initially smelled this in a magazine sample and loved it. It smelled so wonderfully good, unique, and captivating...in the magazine.

I bought it for Christmas and the bottle is still nearly full almost 2 years later. Im so glad I didnt allow my husband to talk me into buying the whole set.

About the smell...I can't put my finger on it and this will be interesting coming from a person who knows no flowers or plants etc...but if I were to tell you what it smells like, the closest thing I can associate it with is floral roach spray. There, I said it. Thats exactly what it smells like. Its a keen, overpowering, looooonglasting fragrance. I asked my husband to smell it and he withdrew from my neck and made an ugly face from the offensiveness of it. He was surprised it was the same perfume he had tried to pressure me into buying the bigger package of.

This doesnt smell good on me at all folks. You better take this on a test run before you commit to buy. I wish I had.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2013 1:31:00 AM More reviews by SickSexFix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

Good lord. This fragrance is so one-note. I got a sample of it thinking I'd love it (I love Michael Kors and reviewers often draw parallels between that frag and this one) but oh god, no. It screams at you like a bad 80's hair metal song. It's not a definite scrubber but I couldn't wait for it to dry down and fade a bit. I liked the one note I could pick out but it smelled incredibly synthetic. I much prefer Angel to this but even then, I wouldn't spend my hard earned cash on it. The only upside? It's not boring!