December 21, 2014 | 961 users online

Hair Color - Herbaceuticals Inc. - Naturcolor - all shades

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2012 10:46:00 AM More reviews by Ebyanne

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE Naturcolor! I have been using it since May, 2011. I called the 800 number on the box and the very knowledgeable people told me what to buy to get the exact color I wanted. It covered the grey and made my hair silky and shiny, but the best part is the color! It is so natural! After a few times it started to look kind of orange, copper color, so I called the 800 number again and they told me what to add. It's exactly what I needed.

I love this product so much I even wrote an article about it. If you want to read my article click here: http://bit.ly/Oz8iur

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2012 3:23:00 PM More reviews by aidenraine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was getting tired of the orangey color that my hair seems to get when I use henna/indigo. At first it's always nice and dark/reddish, but as it fades I hate the way it looks. After researching around (wasting more time than I'd care to admit) I realized I had basically two choices: henna/indigo, dye that doesn't contain PPD but doesn't work, or dye with as little of the chemicals mixed in as possible. I'm dying my hair dark brown, to match my natural color, so I'm certainly not going to go with just anything from the salon or drugstore (the darker the dye, the more crap it typically contains).

As I said, I scoured the 'net, entering ingredients into EWG's Skin Deep, looking into what "green" salons use, and reading labels on vitacost and amazon etc before deciding on this brand. Even John Master's salon in NYC uses imported dye from Italy, such as this, because it's the safest that can be purchased, that also gives reliable results.

I brought this to my eco-salon to have my stylist apply it- though they have a fairly safe dye there, it stings my scalp and still smells bad. Not so with this stuff. My scalp was just fine, and there was no scent to bother me. And the color (Poppy Seed) turned out beautifully. I can't remember the last time I received complements on my hair color (pre-henna), but I did with this dye. It's a bummer that it isn't sold online, and I can only get it at my local Whole Foods, but it's worth it. I'll keep making the trek to get for as long as they carry it. It made my coarse, bushy hair feel deliciously soft and shiny.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2012 7:27:00 PM More reviews by DebAK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Naturcolor is the BEST hair color on the market! I have brown hair and use color to cover gray. Gray coverage is wonderful. I use 6N "Sagebrush Brown" and it is true - no red at all - just a beautiful, natural brown color.

I received compliments from people on my color and this has never happened before using Naturcolor.

I have used all the brands sold and the ammonia in them was knocking me out. Most recently I had used ION from Sally's and the ammonia content was extremely high. Naturcolor has NO AMMONIA! No scent at all. So easy to use. And my hair looks so natural - not dry and very healthy looking! I cannot say enough good things about this product. I will never use anything else. Note, if you want to cover gray, you will have to buy one of the N colors.

Naturcolor is even better than the expensive salon color I was getting a few years back. You won't believe how good this product is until you try it. It is made in Italy. Whole Foods sells it.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2012 12:27:00 AM More reviews by aming63

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I have very dark hair (black) and use cola to keep the greys covered! This product does not make my scalp scab like the others; and the shine and feel is worth the price!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2011 4:33:00 AM More reviews by katje444

Purchased this because I am allergic to normal hair dyes. I asked the women at the store what in this product caused reactions and she said hydrogen peroxide, which is true but I wasn't worried about that. After dying my hair I learned the is does have small amounts of ppd and my scalp soon after was covered in itchy red lumps. I have brown hair as well and the black did not seem to fully work for me. I assume it wasn't left in long enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2011 8:35:00 PM More reviews by Christy26u

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've recently switched to natural hair care products. In the past 4 months or so, it has transformed my hair. My new routine includes this color. My natural color is sort of dirty dark blonde and I just like a little light added to it. I've used 8N and 9N. First I tried the 9 N and it turned out a little more bronze than I had thought. But, after about 2 weeks my hair turned this lovely blonde shade and the redness had actually faded out. It was really beautiful and I hated to color over it, my roots were getting a little edgy. As much as I loved the blonde, I'm not a huge fan of deviating from my natural color too much so I went for the 8N next. This color was perfect for me, straight out of the shower. My hair was soft, shiny and looked completely natural. It was still a tad lighter than my normal color yet the roots are blending nicely. The sample shampoo and conditioner are AWESOME. The only thing I dislike are the gloves. They are the weird flat plastic cheap ones. They're really hard to work with. I love this product. My hair loves it even more.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2010 1:27:00 PM More reviews by EnzoFiona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like the color from this product although I've found it hard to avoid adding additional color to previously dyed hair (containing new dye to roots only) - perhaps just my problem. So, it tends to make my hair darker and darker each time I try to touch up roots.
Also, I have a serious scalp irritation problem from the product as someone else mentioned. I tried to ignore it, but it's gotten worse. the itching happens after you rinse the dye out - not while it's on your hair. Someone else thought it was the lavender oil - I don't know what it is. I loved the color, hate the itchiness.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2010 6:54:00 PM More reviews by HairColorUser

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have used just about every brand of "natural' hair color available. I live in Southern California, so, believe me, I have just about every type of health food store product available. I thought that I finally found the answer when I tried NaturColor. I used it for about a year. At first my level 4.5 brown hair looked pretty good. Then, I found that the color lasted a shorter and shorter time, until it only lasted about 2 weeks before my ash brown hair looked red. Each time I colored my hair, handfuls of my hair when down the drain. But, I desperately wanted to hide the grey. Finally, the last time I used this color, my head felt like it was on fire and itched for months afterwards. I have since done a lot of research. Do not be fooled by the "natural" permanent hair colors. They all contain some form of carcinogenic PPD and other toxins, which may be listed under different names. No matter how many herbs are listed in the ingredients, the toxic chemicals are in there, too, and the herbs won't protect you. I used to have magnificent unusually thick hair...now you can see my scalp through it. Beware.

11 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2010 9:24:00 AM More reviews by simi531

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff really is wonderfulI! am a dark to medium blonde at the roots (reddish at times due to coloring - hate the red) and my hair gets lighter and cooler towards the ends. I always pull red, not matter what! I mixed the 9N (for gray coverage) and 7C (for cooler tone) with a little 10C. I would have liked a lighter ash tone, but they did not have it at Whole foods so that is why I mixed in some of the 10C to lighten it up a bit. It really did the trick. I still see some reddish tones at my roots, but I am obsessed with my roots looking reddish. No one else seems to notice or care. I just get compliments on how nice it looks.

The one time I used more 9N than the 7C my roots turned out more red b/c the N series does have reddish undertones and I think the 9 is just a little too light for me to use. The 8N did not add as much red, but was obviously darker. The 7C mixed with a little 10C really knocked down the red and made my roots look like a natural medium blonde. I think that it is really important to add the C series if you want to get rid of the reddish undertones. When I use the C series on its own though, it does not cover the gray well. The mix of the N and C really are the way to go. I am nervous to try the golden series b/c of the red, but I just might based on some of the other reviews. I also used conditioner (Wella in-depth) on the midshaft and ends of my hair b/c I did not want the color to grab there too much b/c I liked the color and they are very porous. I may order some different colors on line and thanks to all of you who have suggested this! My hair always feels in better condition after using this dye and I do not get a headache or feel "off" after using it - I really should never use anything else.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/21/2010 5:51:00 AM More reviews by KellyBag

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been a level 8 strawberry blonde for almost two years now usually using Miss Clairol Pro 8R. A week ago I ran across Naturcolor at Wholefoods and figured it might be a nice natural alternative, WRONG, the color I chose, Light Tumeric Blonde (8R), came out more like a muddy level 4 neutral red. I'm now trying every trick in the book to get it to fade. I would imagine that if you are wanting to achieve a darker color this line is worth it, but for a bright strawberry blonde it stinks.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No