December 21, 2014 | 947 users online

Styling Products - TRESemme - Instant Heat Tamer Spray

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2014 9:48:00 AM More reviews by Livalittle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have used this product for about 4 years; it's not the product itself I have a problem with it's the packaging! The way it sprays is very good I get a nice even coat on my hair. The problem I have is that it leaks, on numerous occassions it has leaked in my bag (yes I do have it tightly sealed) and its dumped about half of the product and than I'm screwed. I've knocked it over a couple times accidentally and its still leaked. It makes me sad cause now I'm slowly starting to hate it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2014 11:05:00 AM More reviews by dv_27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Disappointed with this product, had high hopes for this product after watching all the videos on you tube. Made my hair dry and crunchy after use.. haven't touched this after product again after my initial use.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2014 11:13:00 AM More reviews by KatieMakeupLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have used up three bottles of this heat spray, which is saying a lot because I have so many products I rarely use up a whole bottle, let alone three! The smell of this product is amazing and fresh smelling. I use it after my leave-in conditioner and spray it from roots to ends. It is water-based and doesn't dry particularly fast like some of my other heat protectant sprays (like my flat-iron balms and sprays), so it is best used when your hair is damp and you have time to let it dry before heat styling. I wouldn't recommend using this on dry hair when you're flat ironing your hair because it does not dry quickly. The bottle has a nice lock on the pump so you can pack it without worrying about it spraying out (the old bottle had a plastic piece you had to remove and keep track of which was difficult, so this is much better). This is a good product to use before you blow dry your damp hair and the smell lasts all day, I just love the smell of this spray. Overall, a good product for blow drying, not for heat styling.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2014 1:29:00 AM More reviews by frippery

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

this was the first and only heat protectant spray i've ever tried. it seems like it contains kind of added softener (Hydrolyzed Silk, perhaps) that makes my hair limp and flat.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 4:31:00 PM More reviews by ch7mi14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Holy grail of protectors, leaves my hair super smooth and shiny and smells awesome

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2014 3:41:00 AM More reviews by Callque

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

HG for sure. One of those rare times where I have been purchasing and using this product for years. It doesn't weigh my hair down or make it greasy (I spray from ears down) which is often a problem for me. The smell isn't strong and I can't even tell I have anything in my hair which is great for someone like me who HATES the feeling of dirty hair (I can't even stand hairspray). It protects my hair and does what it says it will.

Absolutely recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2014 6:14:00 PM More reviews by NatachaXoxo

Thought this was great because it made my hair incredibly smooth however after awhile I noticed my ends were far more dry and damaged from using this stuff 👎

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2014 10:37:00 PM More reviews by electricbubblewrap

I've actually purchased this a few times because I wanted to believe it was protecting my hair. I don't blow dry, but I flat ironed every day on a heat setting of 4 out of 30, so not too hot, but frequently enough to damage without protection. I would spray this stuff all over my head and a bottle didn't last me long. Then one day I went to put my natural hair into a pony tail and realized that instead of softly curling around itself like it normally did, it made this ugly, frizzy, triangle shape and just hung there. My hair was officially fried. Then I went to get a cut and the stylist kept commenting on how much she could tell I flat ironed every day and kept questioning me about my habits.

I've had to stop heat styling altogether and chopped off a good bit of my hair to regain health. I do want ot start flat ironing again eventually, though maybe just once a week or every 2 weeks and when I do, I hate to say, I won't be using this product.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2014 1:53:00 PM More reviews by NoyaG

ok so I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!!!!! Let me give you all the details on why lol....first off I have naturally long wavy curly hair so the straightening process is always an exhausting one lol. I've tried heat protectants before but they've always left my hair sticky or too weighed down so I stopped using them and would blow dry and then use coconut grease to condition my scalp to my ends and let it sit over night and then straighten the next day so its soft and manageable. One of my friends with similar hair told me about the Tresemme heat protectant and I was reluctant at first but since it was only $5 I decided to give it a try and it literally was the best thing ever!!!! I loved the spray bottle it distributed the product evenly and left my hair very soft and manageable after blowdrying that I was able to straighten the same day without waiting to do it the next day! I still applied my grease after blowdrying and used the heat tamer to straighten my hair as well and my hair was not weighed down at all. My ends were very smooth also after blowdrying and normally they're kinda static-y. This stuff works wonders and its so affordable as well!!! This has definitely become a staple product of mine when it comes to straightening my hair :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2014 5:53:00 PM More reviews by KatJayB

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love love love this product!!! I have damaged hair and I felt like this spray repaired it! It leaves my hair shiny, soft, and smelling great!! And it's definitely affordable!