September 16, 2014 | 1802 users online

Styling Products - TRESemme - Instant Heat Tamer Spray

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2014 1:53:00 PM More reviews by NoyaG

ok so I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!!!!! Let me give you all the details on why lol....first off I have naturally long wavy curly hair so the straightening process is always an exhausting one lol. I've tried heat protectants before but they've always left my hair sticky or too weighed down so I stopped using them and would blow dry and then use coconut grease to condition my scalp to my ends and let it sit over night and then straighten the next day so its soft and manageable. One of my friends with similar hair told me about the Tresemme heat protectant and I was reluctant at first but since it was only $5 I decided to give it a try and it literally was the best thing ever!!!! I loved the spray bottle it distributed the product evenly and left my hair very soft and manageable after blowdrying that I was able to straighten the same day without waiting to do it the next day! I still applied my grease after blowdrying and used the heat tamer to straighten my hair as well and my hair was not weighed down at all. My ends were very smooth also after blowdrying and normally they're kinda static-y. This stuff works wonders and its so affordable as well!!! This has definitely become a staple product of mine when it comes to straightening my hair :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2014 5:53:00 PM More reviews by KatJayB

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love love love this product!!! I have damaged hair and I felt like this spray repaired it! It leaves my hair shiny, soft, and smelling great!! And it's definitely affordable!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2014 3:01:00 AM More reviews by missswift13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had read so many good reviews about this product and I was surprised that it lived up to it's expectation! I love the packaging and how the spray comes out in a mist, however it's a bit difficult to spray the back of hair and sometimes I get it on skin. It's lightweight and made my hair soft and shiny. Scent - smells like Tresemme shampoo and conditioners (chemical/bubblegum sort of smell) Would repurchase again!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2014 5:42:00 PM More reviews by makeupcam

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

THIS IS THE BEST THERMAL SPRAY I'VE EVER FOUND.

-super cheap
-smells good
-it sprays evenly
-do not makes my hair sticky/crunchy/dry/greasy (like many other thermal sprays do)

I am a blond with damaged hair. I use this product on my wet hair (before i use my blowdryer) and on my dry hair before to curl or straighten them with my iron. I keep repurchase it ;)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by JJKZ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Friend recommended it to me - AMAZING! I cant believe I havent purchased it earlier, I could have saved my hair much much sooner :( if you blowdry every day - this product is a MUST! it makes hair much softer and it smells soooo good!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2014 11:57:00 PM More reviews by jianing23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

works great, smells great, great price :)

only thing is i curl my bangs and too much of this stuff will make my hair oily quicker than usual

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2014 10:49:00 AM More reviews by gjohal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is awesome. It doesn't make my hair hard and crunchy. And since it's has a pump thingy it doesn't have aerosol in it. Yay!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 5:23:00 AM More reviews by nickys79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

Full marks all round, I have repurchased this THREE times already before reviewing this product, I have fine dyed blonde hair and love to curl/ straighten/ blowdry frequently and this little gem has kept my hair super soft and strong throughout all my hair bashing! The packaging most certainly gets a 5 as you can move it around all angles and it's so easy to spray and it's a consistent spray, adore this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 3:57:00 AM More reviews by Limwen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the best heat protecting, taming spray I have found to date. I have really naughty hair. It's fine, but plentiful, kinked and cowlicked and frizz-prone...damaged in places and generally disobedient. Yet - I have noticed a difference with this product. Even in the high humidity where I live. I recently went back to blonde after being dark for ages...and the last time I did this, my hair was in pretty bad shape - now it's in pretty great shape! This product works superbly well with my GHDs to straighten, tame and keep it that way. After use, my hair is super soft and sleek. I love it and it's now my holy grail straightening spray. The bottle is large, providing lots of product and the sprayer emits a very fine mist - perfect for not drenching your freshly dried hair. The scent is subtle and fresh...and disappears shortly after use, anyway (I just used it and all I can smell is my usual conditioner). Affordable, too!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2013 1:47:00 AM More reviews by DecembersWoe9895

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I feel bad giving this such a negative review especially considering that I am the minority here and that one of my favorite beauty gurus on YouTube recommend this; however, this product was truley awful for me!

A little insight to my hair before I begin: My hair is not 'kinky', but it is problematic with my curls and waves having seemingly uncontrollable frizz. Since I would not dare to wear it down in that sate, I used to flat iron my hair almost daily, only now have I begun to use it less to limit the damage. Because my hair is so thick I need high heat to straighten my hair (390 degrees). This may seem like too much but anything less will not at all do. The high heat and constant use have created even more damaged hair which is where the heat tamer should have came in.

After purchasing for about 5 US dollars, I sprayed this into my previously straightened hair to flat iron again and must say that this did smell kind of amazing. The bottle sprayed a nice mist and my hair didn't feel sticky or greasy in the least which is the only reason it got two lippies/lipsticks. I mistook this for a good sign and proceeded to straighten. Immediately I noticed how dry, brittle, and fried my hair looked compared to the other side. I had tons of those little flyaways that I call frizzies that absolutely refused to smoothen out! After that bad experience, I decided to try again to be sure after I had washed my hair a couple of days later and this time it was worse. My hair would not straigten right because it normally looks pretty natural when I do, but this time you could see all the indents from my waves that would not flatten and so forth. My hair looked so fried it was unbelievable!

I am definitely not going to repurchase but now I feel even worse because I will not finish the bottle and I HATE wasting money no matter how small an amount!