April 23, 2014 | 1918 users online

Fragrances - Narciso Rodriguez - Narciso Rodriguez for her EDP

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2011 10:26:00 PM More reviews by awesomeness2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

NARCISO RODRIGUEZ FOR HER (NRFR) is a floral woody musk. I understand the comparisons to SJP LOVELY, but MRFR and LOVELY are quite different fragrances. NRFR is muskier & sweeter with a very noticeable vetiver note and white floral accord (orange blossom). LOVELY is more woody, softer, cleaner, powdery and easier to wear, imo. NRFR tends to the femme side, LOVELY leans a tad to the masculine. Both are quite good, but I prefer LOVELY. NRFH can simply be too sweet due to the orange blossom.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2011 10:57:00 AM More reviews by LibertyRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The NR for Her EDT was my favorite fragrance until this came along. I like that it is sweeter (and pinker). The EDP is a more floral version of the EDT, though at the heart they're both Narciso--modern, sophisticated, and intriguing. This feels like the upscale version of SJP's Lovely, and seeing how successful that was, I'm surprised the EDP hasn't caught on. I admit that this is a more straightforward take on femininity and does not exhibit the same level of confidence of the EDT that so well embodies Narciso's design aesthetic, but at the same time I also think it is softer and more wearable.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2011 6:54:00 PM More reviews by 2000wattsmile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Well-made fragrance, but nothing really special to me. There are other very similar fragrances for a fraction of the price, and just as good (Red Door Velvet, Philosophy Inner Grace, SJP Lovely). That being said, I don't need to own this. Too ubiquitous to ever be a signature scent.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2011 11:29:00 AM More reviews by moth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I happen to be one of the few people who is not anosmic to musk. I find this to be a particularly well-done one, though there is nothing spectacular about the fragrance itself. It is clean, light and faintly soapy and reminiscent of scented toilet paper. A very modern and floral interpretation of a musk, perfect for warmer weather. Dries down to what my 10 yr old daughter calls "old silk scarves."

Just for giggles, when it ran out, I disassembled the bottle and was very surprised at what I found. I uploaded a pic of the disassembled bottle to the set of product images. The packaging gets low marks from me for being opaque. Typically, when a perfume runs low, you can still get a few sprays if you angle the bottle just right. My guess is that the foil liner in the bottle allows all the product to be dispensed, and possibly helps to keep it fresh, but I couldn't help but feel slightly cheated by the "juice-box-ness" of it.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2011 12:11:00 PM More reviews by CharismaSL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to buy this perfume for the longest time but didn't get it due its hefty pricetag. Finally my mom bought this for me at a duty free shop and was very excited to have it but that excitement soon faded when I realized this fragrance did not smell as good on me. It just did not mix well with my chemistry at all. I find it extremely cloying and headachey. No wonder I hardly wore this until recently I tried it again and experienced the same thing. At first whiff this smells divine but not for a prolonged time (on me). I am giving this to my mom as she seems to like it. I will try the EDT version and hopefully that will not be as cloying.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2011 4:48:00 AM More reviews by MissObserver

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

One of my 5 key fragrances - I have been using this for about 5 years and I am still in love with it! Oddly enough, I get more compliments on it from women as opposed to the guys but who cares, I love it, LOL.
Great for the summer months as it is a rather light fragrance and quite sweet, highly recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2011 11:36:00 PM More reviews by ktmalady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love it. I always get compliments whenever I wear this and the scent is very different from anything I've ever smelled or worn. I rec'd a sample in a gift bag and was hooked from the moment I put it on for the first time. Yes, it's pricey but a little goes a long way.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2011 2:33:00 PM More reviews by gioja

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

There is something really fascinating in this perfume. It is woody, creamy, cosy, warm and undeniably sensuous in a strange, sultry way. In the heart is the rose, sensuous and melancholic, reminding me of Stella, well rounded by woods, musk, honey, amber, and vanilla. But there is also something that spoils it. I suppose that it is the sharp chypre note of vetiver, patchouli, oak moss and a bit too much orange flower that gives to it that �dated� hint. When I first smelled it I was immediately transported back in to the 80thies, when I was a young girl and all �grownup� women used to wear one of those opulent floral-chypres like Paloma Picasso, Fendi or Alliage that made my stomach turn. A friend of mine likes it unconditionally and says that it smells sexy and clean at the same time. I agree with the sexy thing but to me it doesn�t smell clean, to me it smells like a mature lady wearing a beautiful sensual scent but also lot of (cheap) hair spray, powder and lots of make up, maybe like an actress in her boudoir. I like to sniff it every now and then and maybe even to wear it in those days when I�m in a nostalgic, melancholic mood but I can�t imagine wearing it on a daily basis. Note: like with every chypre scent the right chemistry is crucial: it can smell heavenly or cloying depending on your skin, so, before buying, tray it on and wait for at least one day!

UPDATE: I have to admit that I succumbed to the fascination of this scent and I bought a bottle. I like it very much especially now with the cold weather because it is so reassuring and enveloping, feminine and alluring without screaming. It is still not my signature scent and I can’t wear it for longer than three days but it is something I like to reach for when I feel in that mood.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2011 2:02:00 PM More reviews by kat_kinsy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been looking for a "signature" scent for a long time and after reading great reviews of this fragrance -both on MUA and the internet i decided to splurge and get both perfume and body lotion in the EDP----(mind you i was torn between the black or pink bottle!!)

This is a nice scent, however after an hour or so i can no longer smell it which isnt great particularly as it is not cheap. I will persevere with this, however i am beginning to wonder whether the black bottle (EDT) was the better option....

My next purchase will be a spring/summer fragrance which will either be Clarins Eau des Jardins (lovely and fresh) or the Lanvin Marry Me.....

My advice... try both the parfum and edt before you buy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2010 11:18:00 PM More reviews by chikky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was contimplating whether to get the black or pink bottle - after getting a few testers. My bf noticed my efforts so he brought me the pink (EDP) version for Christmas. I was soo happy - when I wear this I feel feminine, sophisticated and sexy (not overboard sexy for me as a previous reviwer wrote). eheh. It oozes attractiveness and I will forever keep buying this.

I put behind all my other sub-par fragrances and will continue to use this for work, outdoors and night perfume. This will be my new signature scent =).