Maybelline Great Lash Clear

3.8

Aqua/Water, Alcohol Denat, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Polyvinyl, Alcohol, Methylparaben, Panthenol, Disodium EDTA

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I actually really like Great Lash Clear Mascara. I have more than a few mascaras by Maybelline & this is one of the better I've used for some reason, which is weird since it's transparent! I've only use it on my eyelashes because I don't like the idea of using a product on my eyes & then using it on my eyebrows. When I apply it, my eyelashes to look wet like I just took a shower or like I'd been crying, but it dries quickly & it doesn't make my eyelashes dry or crunchy. I like it as an everyday, no-makeup look.

on 12/24/2014 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Perfert to give your lashes a little boost when you dont feel like putting on regular mascara. Also good for keeping eyebrow hairs in place although its a little too wet if you wipe some product off before brushing it through your brows then that would help you dont really need that much. My holy grail clear mascara !

on 11/11/2014 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I purchased this as an alternative for my usual Cover Girl clear mascara, which was out of stock at the store that day. I use this on my brows after shading in lightly with a pencil.

First off, way too much product comes out on the brush at once, making my brows soaked and shiny upon application. Therefore, I've had to get into the habit of wiping the brush with a tissue before application, which is annoying. After doing that, the mascara does its job by keeping my brows tamed and natural looking. Also, the brush is straight and not curved, which I've found makes it impossible to limit the amount of product I put on my brows at once.

I am simply waiting to use up the product instead of throwing it out and wasting it. I won't be buying this again.

on 10/23/2014 12:42:00 PM

These is perfect for a natural, no-makeup look. I find it too "wet" for my brows bc I use Anastasia Dip Brow under brow gel. I like to wear this to work, as I am a trainer and don't like a lot of makeup on my face. If you are looking for a dramatic effect, common sense should tell you that a clear mascara is not the way to go- but judging from some of the reviews I guess i have over estimated the existence of common sense lol. This is great for tweens learning to use mascara for the first time too. I think this was the first makeup item I ever owned :)

on 9/9/2014 12:37:00 AM

I primarily use this for my eyebrows, keeps them in place for a long time! Did try it for my eyelashes but since I already use another mascara,this is perfect as a brow gel, and if you have naturally long lashes and don't need too much product, this is great!

on 9/5/2014 7:02:00 PM

I had just got my eyebrows done so I needed something to keep my eyebrows in place and I came across this product. I know its not typically used to keep the eyebrows in place but I did some research and found that it worked for the people who tried. My eyebrows are long and thick so if you are planning to use this product the same way I did and have the same kind of eyebrows as me, it probably wont work.
This review isn't really fair since I haven't used it on my lashes but this is something for all those who are gonna try the same thing I did.

on 9/2/2014 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

So far I've used it for both lashes and brows and it has made my lashes soft but doesen't show much volume or length. The brows I don't think I applied enough so there was no hold. It dried pretty quickly for me unlike others who have stated it takes forever to dry! Would repurchase again but will update when I use it more!:)

on 8/20/2014 10:52:00 PM

I use this clear gel to set my eyebrows in place. (I don't bother with clear mascara :p)

PROS
- great price
- holds eyebrows in place all day
- shows up wet but dries quickly

CONS
- can apply too much product if you're not careful with it

This product has made my brows look so much better, especially in combination with a brow powder. I would recommend this product to anyone who wants their brows to stay in place all day!

on 7/15/2014 6:22:00 PM

I got this the last time I was in the States as weirdly Maybelline don't have this as part of their UK makeup line. Which seems odd when you consider they have the other mascaras in the Great Lash range. But anyway, I digress...

I use this purely for taming my eyebrows and compared to others I've tried, this has been the best so far. As the name suggests it's a clear gel that you can use on your eyelashes and/or on your eyebrows. it doesn't really smell of anything and after about 1 minute following application it becomes almost tacky on the eyebrows, meaning you can mould them into place before they dry completely. This lasts all day and is easily removed with eye makeup remover or just by cleansing your face. The only downside is the see-through tube which is handy to see how much product is left but also shows you how disgusting it's getting. My last one literally turned brown, which I can only assume was from my eyebrow pencil as opposed to actual dirt, but it was quite off-putting and definitely led to me throwing it away before I'd used it all up.

I can't remember how much I paid for this, but I'm guessing it won't have been more than about $5.00. I'll just have to remember to pick up some more next time I'm in the States!

on 6/21/2014 2:43:00 PM

Been using this for years on my brows. Can't go wrong with clear gel to to shape and keep your brows in place all day! Still wishing there were more drugstore tinted brow gels (I've only encountered one or two,) but this does a great job setting my brows after I've applied my brow pencil or eyeshadow! Feels nice and cooling and conditioning.

Popular Mascaras