Maybelline Great Lash Clear

3.8

Aqua/Water, Alcohol Denat, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Polyvinyl, Alcohol, Methylparaben, Panthenol, Disodium EDTA

Bottom line: I would probably attempt to find another product before I repurchased this, but this (mostly) does the job of keeping my eyebrows in place,

I used to use a bit of vaseline to set my eyebrows, but I wanted something more convenient to use. I'd heard decent things about this, and found it on sale, so I decided to pick it up.

Well, it is more convenient. Just grab and apply, really. The wand picks up waaay too much product for me (even after wiping off excess before application), so I do need to grab a spooly to spread it evenly.

It holds my eyebrows in place, mostly. It has some issues with some unruly hairs at the very start of my arch, just before my brows peak and taper into the tail. These hairs stick right out into the space under my arch, and this gel does NOTHING. In this instance, the vaseline worked better - but only marginally.

I have decently full brows, about medium thickness, with some sparseness near the start. I use an old Revlon eyebrow powder with a generic liner brush to fill them in before using the gel to set.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Clear mascara does NOTHING for me - I need BLACK pigment to define my lashes.

No harm, no foul and at $4.99 who cares.

Use it as brow gel??

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

This is excellent for brows! I use this after filling in and it keeps everything neat and in place the whole day. I would definitely repurchase for this reason!

It gives the same results as a colored mascara but it's clear. This is great for people who have oily eyes like me and their mascara forms dark rings under their eyes.

If you have wiry, thick eyebrow hairs, dont even bother. its super wet, brush has way too much on it, takes forever to dry, and flakes off. its gross.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

For Asian students like me, who aren't allowed to wear makeup to school, this product has been my lifesaver ever since I purchased it. It could be used as a clear mascara, a eyelash primer, and a clear brow gel. I like to use it as a mascara during week days because it makes my lashes look longer and add volume, yet it doesn't look like I'm wearing any mascara, so this product has been perfect for me during school days. However, it doesn't really do much for me during weekends, when I'm wearing full makeup.

I love this product for my brows! once it dries it looks great and keeps my unruly brows in place but still natural. It does have a fault though: the product comes out quite excessively on the brush so be careful! Still, overall I still love it :)

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I actually really like Great Lash Clear Mascara. I have more than a few mascaras by Maybelline & this is one of the better I've used for some reason, which is weird since it's transparent! I've only use it on my eyelashes because I don't like the idea of using a product on my eyes & then using it on my eyebrows. When I apply it, my eyelashes to look wet like I just took a shower or like I'd been crying, but it dries quickly & it doesn't make my eyelashes dry or crunchy. I like it as an everyday, no-makeup look.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Perfert to give your lashes a little boost when you dont feel like putting on regular mascara. Also good for keeping eyebrow hairs in place although its a little too wet if you wipe some product off before brushing it through your brows then that would help you dont really need that much. My holy grail clear mascara !

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I purchased this as an alternative for my usual Cover Girl clear mascara, which was out of stock at the store that day. I use this on my brows after shading in lightly with a pencil.

First off, way too much product comes out on the brush at once, making my brows soaked and shiny upon application. Therefore, I've had to get into the habit of wiping the brush with a tissue before application, which is annoying. After doing that, the mascara does its job by keeping my brows tamed and natural looking. Also, the brush is straight and not curved, which I've found makes it impossible to limit the amount of product I put on my brows at once.

I am simply waiting to use up the product instead of throwing it out and wasting it. I won't be buying this again.

Popular Mascaras