This stuff is worth the hype, at least for me. I have freckles along with dark circles under my eyes. All those concealers just make my under eyes worse. This is so light and seems to make my dark circles look better. I've tried the ones that are dupes for this and they just don't work as well with the freckles. I love this and anyone with my same issues should try this. I will be buying this again. Oh and have used this everyday mostly under the eyes, a handful of times as a highlighter, and it lasted 6 months.
I used this product as a highlighter and it instantly brightens up my face. I applied by dotting and smoothing it out with my fingers under my eyes, the bridge of my nose, the center of my forehead, my cupids bow and around my lips and smile lines. I love how it feels smooth on my skin and it is easy to blend. It does not dry the skin under my eyes like the Loreal highlighters did.
It is not a concealer because it does not conceal any imperfections. I will not repurchase because it costs around $50 SGD for very little content given I use it frequently and it lasted me for less than two months. It is too pricey.
Now I am using a cheaper alternative with my favorite concealer on a lighter shade to give me the same brightening effect minus the smooth dewy look the YSL gave me.
It's worth your money if you are the kind that loves to splurge.
As mentioned by almost every review on here, this product is NOT a concealer -- it works with your concealer to conceal some things on your face, but is marketed and used primarily as a VERY subtle highlighter.
Here are some uses for it:
1) Use with under-eye concealer: I wish I could draw a diagram here, but i touch on some creamy under-eye concealer (I like Benefit's Erase Paste, or SkinFood's Salmon Cream), and then use the Touche Eclat to touch up the bottom of my eye bags (where a hint of darkness usually remains). It's fantastic for touching up slightly dark spots like that, but don't expect it to be covering up any moles (thought maybe it can swing a couple of light freckles).
2) Eye-brightener: I've used and tossed out many eye brighteners such as Benefit's Eye Bright/ Ooh La Lift, and nothing (I mean NOTHING) compares to the brightening effect of highlighters. Dab a little in the corner of your eye for those fresh no-makeup makeup days.
3) Above and below brows: I'll admit any other highlighter (I like Smashbox's Soft Lights, and Becca's Shimmering Skin Perfector, and even some shimmery primers such as Guerlain Meterorites) can do this job as well, but above and below the brows will give you an instant brow lift.
4) Cheekbones and bridge of nose: When you don't want a very shimmery or 'obvious' highlighter, YSL Touche Eclat can give you a super subtle "lit from within" glow when used instead. As mentioned earlier, it's a perfect tool to have for those no-makeup looks.
5) Cupid's bow: My absolute favourite place to highlight. Although, any highlighter would also work as well here.
Products that go well with the Touche Eclat:
6) Liquid foundation + Primer: It's not the most blendable product over powder, so I recommend it over light coverage foundation (Chanel Vitalumiere), or if you're not going to wear foundation, just over a creamy primer (YSL Teint, or MakeUp Forever)
7) LIGHT powder: You don't want to overwhelm your subtle highlighter, so just a light dusting of power over the T-zone will do.
8) Guerlain Meteorites: They're just perfect everywhere. Anywhere. With any makeup look.
In all, get it if you have the cash, and if you're looking for a VERY subtle highlight. Also good if you usually go for makeup that isn't full, or like those 'non makeup' makeup days. If not, there are many other highlighters like Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector that are more obvious and more beautiful.
Not impressed with this.... after all the hype i purchased one... what a waste of money... it doesn't work as a highlighter as you can't see it, didn't seem to reflect any light... and under my eyes it was way too thin with hardly any coverage... i need something a lot thicker... it might be ok if you have young, near perfect skin... but it did absolutely nothing for me. Ill stick with my lancome effacernes concealer... which is brilliant.
I wanted to like this product, but it didnt help me this much. I would recomment buying cheaper versions like maybelline or catrice(germany, belgium or holland) it does its job quite good but the price is very high :( 30 euros
I love this. For me I need a like bit of a heaver concealer for under my eyes and reach for the Clé De Peau concealer. But, I love this as a highlighter and it is a staple for my beauty bag. This is great for highlighting around your face. This blends very well and adds a gorgeous glow. I would recommend this.
It's a highlighter, not a concealer. I used to frequent using this cos actually I thought it did a pretty good job in covering my eye circles still..but remember, it's a highlighter, not a concealer, so therefore, it totally showed up and looked messed up in photos with flash cos you could totally see the brightened gunk underneath your eyes. :( Cos of this, I did not ever repurchase it again.
I finally bought this in 2.5 Luminous Vanilla after wasting time and money on "dupes" over the last few months. So many people seem to use it as a concealer, which it isn't. Even in Sephora the girl helping me color match tried to use it as an under eye concealer on me (shouldn't they know better?? I had to pull up some info on my iPad and show her the right way to use it). I use it to highlight under my eyes after applying concealer, above and below my brows, around my lips, and the top of my cheekbones. It blends like a dream and highlights so well but doesn't look glaringly obvious like most highlighters (one thing i can't stand is sparkle!). The container makes it very purse and travel friendly. Would I like it to be cheaper? Of course. But it's worth the money for me to repurchase because I love it.
Great highlighter. Too expensive. That's why I didn't give 5 stars. Packaging is glamorous as all ysl products. It's not a concealer, try it on different areas of your face to really see how it works.
This product does exactly what it's suppose to--highlight. It is easy to dispense and great to travel with, not to mention last quite a long time. I wish it did a better job concealing, but fact of the matter is that this is not a concealer. It can be used in combination with your concealer with the concealer covering the under eye dark circles and the Touche Eclat highlighting other parts of your eyes. Great for the cheekbone area the bow of the mouth too.