October 20, 2014 | 954 users online

Cleansers - DHC - Deep Cleansing Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2014 12:44:00 AM More reviews by dundada

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

This cleansing oil is what I use as my first cleanse as part of my double cleanse regimen in the evenings if I'm wearing makeup and/or sunscreen. It's good and it actually is a bit oily with application and may smear up your eyesight a bit but that can be rinsed out without irritation for me but make sure you are NOT wearing your contacts at the time of using this!

It doesn't irritate or sting my eyes either, it's unscented and doesn't leave a residue. But I may go back to the MAC Cleansing Oil or another cleansing oil altogether or something else after this bottle is finished!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2014 4:18:00 PM More reviews by lifeinfuschia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Not for me. It removes makeup perfectly, and leaves the skin cleansed of any impurities after washing it off, but the catch is that it broke me out overnight. The quest for the perfect oil cleanser continues.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2014 11:37:00 AM More reviews by Natashia

Received a generous sample of this . But I do not like it . Feels too heavy and I just feel that regular water based makeup cleansers work better for me .

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2014 11:26:00 PM More reviews by Inayah

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am so glad I started to use cleansing oils to remove my makeup. Although I don't wear makeup every day when I did wear makeup I would never properly remove it. I used to use some makeup removing wipes and after that I would wash my face with a facial cleanser. It still felt like makeup and gunk was on my face. After I started using this my face feels absolutely clean! All the layers of makeup and gunk are gone!

I start off with cleaned washed dry hands. I would pump twice and rub between my hands and evenly distribute the oil all over my face and neck and massage for about 2 minutes. This removes everything. even my waterproof eyeliner and mascara! I also use this product on my eyelids. It doesn't irritate them but it can leave the eyes a bit blurry, this goes away after 30ish seconds.

My face feels so clean. whenever I swipe a cotton pad with toner on my face there's no trace of makeup. I'm so happy I found this. The only thing it that it can be a bit pricy. I wonder if just using plain olive oil would do the same thing. It would be a lot cheaper. After all it is the first ingredient. Who knows?

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2014 4:30:00 PM More reviews by AM987654

Amazing cleanser! I'm on my 12th bottle and I can't believe I haven't reviewed it yet. I use it on dry skin in the evening and just gently rub in with my fingertips for 30 seconds. Then rinse with lukewarm water. It removes all my makeup including my waterproof gel liner (Bobbi Brown - LOVE). I follow it with Jan Marini Benzoyl 2.5% wash. I have acne prone, oily, combo skin which breaks out with almost any product. This has really been great for my skin. One bottle usually lasts me around 2 months. I stock up for the year when they have a sale. They also have travel sizes and generous samples.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2014 10:38:00 PM More reviews by didi123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very effective at removing every trace of makeup. Cleanse off very easily with water too. But I got whiteheads using this. I try to double cleanse by adding a mild scrub after using the oil, but still broke me out. Won't recommend this for fine skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2014 5:19:00 PM More reviews by editanazaryan

I've been using the deep cleansing oil for a year now and I love this stuff! Melts my makeup right off!!!! #1!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2014 7:38:00 PM More reviews by Kemmae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I haven't been using the Oil Cleansing Method for very long, but this product makes cleaning my face so easy. I wear Missha BB Cream as a foundation and most cleaners aren't able to get it all off. This cleansing oil does the trick though. It takes off all of my foundation and all of my make up so that I can cleanse my face afterwards. I rub a small amount on dry palms then proceed to massage my face and viola! - makeup, including water proof and stubborn products, are gone.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2014 10:06:00 PM More reviews by HiGayle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Good oil cleanser. Instructions are to apply to dry face and then rinse off. I've been dealing with dryness caused by a somewhat extreme skin regimen and I find this cleanser gentle enough to take off my makeup without irritating my dry skin. Note that it does not remove my eye makeup, but I don't expect it to because I wear waterproof mascara and gel liner. I use a specific eye makeup remover for that area which serves me well.

I've also tried the Boscia oil cleanser and a generic Muji oil cleanser both of which were inferior to the DHC one. I bought mine from their American website when I ran out of the little bottle I purchased in Japan.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2014 8:59:00 PM More reviews by xogingerox

I'm lazy, I'm inconsistent and I'm rather meh with my skincare routine, main reason being that I have fairly normal-combo skin to begin with and also because I can't be bothered. After using this product in its entirety (my first "empty" cleanser) I have to say that this is my HG cleanser...so far (I'm currently trying the Bioderma Sensiobio H20). It felt a little weird at first because it feels very oily (duh its cleaning OIL) but once I rinsed it off like 3-4 times my skin felt as soft as a baby's pa-toot. Subsequent cleanses lead to the exact same result. No strange clinging film or tightness was felt, and works perfectly for low maintenance peeps like myself. I liked that even when I skipped a few days, this baby still kept my skin nice and smooth, even during the dry Canadian winters. This product did not break me out or cause any troubles to my skin during the entire time of using it. I am still trying to find my HG moisturizer, but I was applying Lancome's Absolue Premium for the most part and Yes to Cucumbers for night time. Honestly, sometimes I would go out without moisturizer and it'd still be fine. It took me a year to finish it and I pumped 1-2 times for my entire face.