Estee Lauder Beautiful

3.4

Today I put on Beautiful from a small trial size bottle I have. I think is not that strong or distracting as expected. It seems to be gentle, soft, crisp, sharp and airy fragrance. Its just a bit too sharp for my liking as it sort of catches in the throat and makes me cough. I would prefer this to be a bit smoother, otherwise its nice and fresh but I don't want to buy it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This smells very old lady like.. Like roses and baby powder. Ugh sooo bad

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I first used it around 12, 13 years ago and have been in love with it since then. It has a warm rich and romantic fragrance which lasts all day long. Even though it's more for the evening wear, I find it perfect for use at any time of the day. Gives the image of an elegant and sophisticated lady who must be taken seriously. It does give the feeling of being BEAUTIFUL to the wearer :D
Has top notes of rose, tuberose, jasmine and lily. You just open the bottle and you'll feel as if you've been handed a big bouquet. My fiance also loves it on me and I always stock up 1-2 bottles of it in my cabinet.
Overall, a must have for floral fragrance lovers!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Beautiful Perfume is a lovely floral perfume...smells like mostly roses & lilies to me...a little powdery...it was a favorite perfume for me when my daughter was a baby...have been spraying it on since last week & loving it...

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Great perfume- but not for me

I got this with my holiday 2011 Estee Lauder limited edition gift set. I loved the makeup, but never played with the perfume. I smelled it recently and its not for me. Way too strong, too floral, and very "old lady" smelling. I love old ladies, so no hating! But I can't see myself wearing this, just smelling it is trying enough. I love the bottle, it really is beautiful. But I'm not big on floral perfumes, especially frumpy ones.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

LOVE LOVE LOOOOVE this fragrance. At first when i tried it out at the mall, i really didn't like it - i thought it was too heavy and something my mother or grandmother would wear. so i tried it again about 4 mos ago and i fell in love with it. i purposely did not wear any fragrance that day since i knew i was going to try out new perfumes.. so i sprayed it on the inside of my wrist and walked around the mall with it. about an hour later i kept smelling this lovely hint of "something" and for a moment i forgot i sprayed myself with this perfume.

i kept smelling my wrist and the more it wore on me, the better i liked it. somehow it worked very well with my chemistry and i ran back and got the biggest bottle they had. Ouch. $85 was pricey for a perfume, but it smells sooo good. even my BF comments how good i smell every day when i spray it on. gotta love that. :)

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I bought the minis set of Estee Lauder and hated all of them, they all smell like old lady, There's nothing exciting about this perfume at all

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I smelled this on a friend. It is amazing! I can't describe the smell. It is very pricey though...

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

My HG fragrance. Elegant and just beautiful. Works amazingly on my skin . Lasts the whole day and is not overpowering at all.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This will be my HG perfume...in about 13 years.
On me, this comes across as a woodsy floral with major sillage.
I definitely get the rose right off the top, and the ylang ylang comes on quite strong. The drydown is woodsy but still has those floral notes I crave.
The sillage is huge on this one - one spritz under my clothing lasts all day. My Grandma always said perfume should be smelled when he is close enough to kiss you. With modern fruity messes, that isn't hard to do, but Ms. Lauder does like her staying power and with this beauty, one spritz is well enough.
The price is fairly standard. If you are used to Paris Hilton Heiress in the discount bin, this will seem expensive. But it is worth every penny and will last you forever. My only gripe is the bottle. Boring! For a scent with this much going on, I wanted more than just the plain jane bottle. Where is the bottle from the ads - that isn't want I got at the EL counter! Ms. Lauder, go visit Mr. Mugler for some tips.
Okay, the emotions. 'Cause that is what we are here for. On me this is mature, very feminine, confident. Dare I say bold. I might even be a grand dame when I wear this. But not a broad, never a broad; it stays buttoned down and classy.
This was introduced in the 1980's and that is probably why I read 'mature' rather than 'bridal'; all mature women were brides once, and as with this gal, all brides age and mature into glorious grand dames.
At 37 and still running frantically through my life, I love it but am not strong enough to wear this yet, it wears me. I am a bit lighter and spryer. But I'm getting there, and I'm glad Beautiful will be waiting for me when I arrive.

Popular Fragrances