Rusk Speed Freak Blow Dryer

4.5

on 9/20/2012 9:31:00 PM

I went to my local Ulta store and wanted to get a Sedu blowdryer, however they were out. I asked the sales representative which was the next best blowdryer and she recommended the Rusk Speed Freak. I bought it and was totally unimpressed with it. It was fast to dry, however not as sleek as other hairdryers I have used. The most annoying thing was the power button and heat/cold button locations. It kept turning to cold on me. Overall am not satisfied and will be returning it.

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I use this blow dryer every day and I LOVE it. To be honest I had the older version of this and it over heated. I brought it back to Ulta and they exchanged it for the new one NO QUESTIONS ASKED. Considering it is $100+ I would only expect such treatment. Over heating is a problem all blow dryers have no and then so I would not let that stop you (especially if you buy it from Ulta, they exchange no hassle even after a year!!)

I have curly, frizzy hair...like no other. I did the whole Alice Delal thing and shaved the side of my head. Realized that had to go, so I did a pixie! I was afraid because of my curly hair, but after finding this gem I was not worried! My hair never frizzes and it stays straight! It looks like I used a straightener, but in fact I only used this. My hair has grown in a lot since I cut my hair short, still very short now, but I do not think I would be able to rock this look without this hair dryer. Thanks rusk!

on 10/10/2011 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I like this hair dryer a lot. I have the pink one, and I got it for $70 at Winners. If you buy it elsewhere it can cost well over $100.
It really does dry my hair fast, especially if I use it on the highest settings. I have long and thick hair and this dries my hair in less than 15 minutes. The cool shot is nice too, to use when I am all finished drying my hair. It's easy to clean too.
I am very happy with this dryer, it's cute and works really well too! :)

on 11/1/2010 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I managed to score this blow dryer at winners for $36!!! It had been put on sale twice and no one had snatched it up, so when I saw it at this price I couldn't resist bringing it home (even though I wasn't in desperate need of a new dryer). I love this dryer!!! I have very long (waist length) very thick hair. It normally takes me over 45 minutes to blow dry my hair, but with this dryer it only takes me 15 minutes! It's amazing. It also leaves my hair very smooth and soft so that there's no need to go over my whole head with my straightener, which I love. The settings are also amazing, I love that it gives you cool, warm, and hot settings in addition to the cold shot button. It is heavier than my last blow dryer and having as much hair as I do, I definitely notice the added weight,but that would not be enough to deter me from buying another one of these dryers. It has been amazing for me and I will use this brand for a very very long time.

on 1/3/2010 1:04:00 AM

I bought this for $70 at Winners and that was a total steal. It is a bit on the heavy side compared to by last blow dryer, the T3 but alas it wasn't as expensive. It dried my hair very quickly, though it is pretty hot. All in all this was a solid purchase.

on 10/27/2009 10:56:00 PM

Well...my poor T3 had reached its life's end and I was pressed to go out and get a new hair dryer as good as the T3 and did a lot of review and found the Rusk Speed Freak....I read wonderful reviews and well felt it was a good catch. I got the pearly pink one with the included paddle brush....I must say it is FAST. However, it blows out so hot that it makes my "breck style" hair pin straight....dirty straight. And when I tip my head upside down the underside of my nape gets tangled and knotted. I dont know...I am not loving this hair dryer. The only way I could get a nice full head of body is when I dry my hair on WARM with a fast speed. I am not liking the weight of this as well...I am in awesome shape and find it easy to manuever, but my mom went to use this dryer and she complained of the heaviness of it....so I am only giving 3 lippies....my T3 was hands up way better then this!

on 3/6/2009 11:16:00 PM

Purchased on Ebay for $75 (with free shipping) and worth every penny! Dries hair fast without over drying and leaves it silky soft. I've never been able to manage duplicating a professional blow out (unfortunately, I was born with only two hands), but this gem gets me closer than ever. Only dryer I've ever owned that really DOES give body to my super fine, super thin hair when blow drying upside down. Love the super long cord and the cold setting in addition to the standard cold shot feature. Unlike others, I like the heaviness of the dryer - but as I mentioned before, I don't have much hair to dry, so I can see how this would be a negative for those with thicker hair.

on 1/7/2009 8:51:00 PM

A few years ago, I swore that I would never regularly blow out my hair. But after a salon blowout a couple of months ago, I realized how much I missed wearing my hair straight. Thanks to all of the reviews I read here, I knew that I had to try the Speed Freak. I wasn't disappointed!

I have a lot of fine, wavy curly hair, and was amazed how, by using the Speed Freak and my fingers as a comb, my hair was practically dry in a few minutes. Once my hair's mostly dry, I blow it out by section with a round brush. I don't even to use a lot of product to get my hair soft and smooth post-blowout.

If you're thinking of acquiring a Speed Freak, wait until Ulta has them on sale. With the sale price and one of their 20 percent off coupons, I scored the Speed Freak for about $65.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Just what I've always wanted...silky, soft, shiny hair. I've never been able to achieve the "just left the salon look" on my own. I have very thick, coarse, dry, wavy, asian hair. How I wish I had bought this dryer years ago. After applying my favorite products, I used a paddle brush and the Speed Freak to dry my hair. I could not believe how quickly my hair dried on the low setting. Not only was it dry, it was straight and silky. No flat iron needed! Definitely worth the price!

on 11/26/2008 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

If only I had all the money I had ever spent on the low end blow dryers that quit on me in six months to a year later. I could have bought at least 5 of these. Yes they are expensive for a blow dryer, but I have long thick hair and now my daughters have very long and thick hair so we were literally going through blow dryers like crazy.
So one day at the salon I really paid attention to the dryer my hair stylist was using I noticed the cord was longer and looked heavy duty so I inquired about the brand which it turns out was the Rusk. Now I know why I could never get my hair to look like I had just walked out of the salon after I got home and tried to imitate it myself. At least half the effort went into the blowout and I could never acheive that until I splurged on this blow dryer. My hair is very healthy and shiny on its own, but its even more enhanced with this blowdryer. It takes far less time to blow it out. I can even wear it curly just put this on low and it never frizzes my hair unlike most blow dryers.
I bought this two years ago and its still going strong unlike the Vidal Sasson my daughters were using bought around the same time and I had to throw it away several months ago due to sparks.
I highly recommend this blow dryer. It is totally worth the extra money. You will see a difference the first time you use it.

Popular Hair Styling Tools