April 18, 2014 | 1851 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Rusk - Speed Freak Blow Dryer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2009 1:24:00 AM More reviews by dragonballz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a fantastic dryer. I bought it a couple days before a concert hoping to have perfect hair for the occasion. My style looked flawless and even my bangs behaved which is a miracle in itself! My hair also feels healthier from using it. The only reason I didn't rate it a five is that it is somewhat heavy for me due to wrist strain issues I've had for awhile. I'm not sure if the newer pink one is lighter than my black model but please message me if you have used both as I am very curious to find out!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2009 11:16:00 PM More reviews by GeminisMommy

Purchased on Ebay for $75 (with free shipping) and worth every penny! Dries hair fast without over drying and leaves it silky soft. I've never been able to manage duplicating a professional blow out (unfortunately, I was born with only two hands), but this gem gets me closer than ever. Only dryer I've ever owned that really DOES give body to my super fine, super thin hair when blow drying upside down. Love the super long cord and the cold setting in addition to the standard cold shot feature. Unlike others, I like the heaviness of the dryer - but as I mentioned before, I don't have much hair to dry, so I can see how this would be a negative for those with thicker hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2009 8:51:00 PM More reviews by maxma

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A few years ago, I swore that I would never regularly blow out my hair. But after a salon blowout a couple of months ago, I realized how much I missed wearing my hair straight. Thanks to all of the reviews I read here, I knew that I had to try the Speed Freak. I wasn't disappointed!

I have a lot of fine, wavy curly hair, and was amazed how, by using the Speed Freak and my fingers as a comb, my hair was practically dry in a few minutes. Once my hair's mostly dry, I blow it out by section with a round brush. I don't even to use a lot of product to get my hair soft and smooth post-blowout.

If you're thinking of acquiring a Speed Freak, wait until Ulta has them on sale. With the sale price and one of their 20 percent off coupons, I scored the Speed Freak for about $65.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2009 3:59:00 PM More reviews by starrybright

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just what I've always wanted...silky, soft, shiny hair. I've never been able to achieve the "just left the salon look" on my own. I have very thick, coarse, dry, wavy, asian hair. How I wish I had bought this dryer years ago. After applying my favorite products, I used a paddle brush and the Speed Freak to dry my hair. I could not believe how quickly my hair dried on the low setting. Not only was it dry, it was straight and silky. No flat iron needed! Definitely worth the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2008 1:04:00 AM More reviews by StoneFamily

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

If only I had all the money I had ever spent on the low end blow dryers that quit on me in six months to a year later. I could have bought at least 5 of these. Yes they are expensive for a blow dryer, but I have long thick hair and now my daughters have very long and thick hair so we were literally going through blow dryers like crazy.
So one day at the salon I really paid attention to the dryer my hair stylist was using I noticed the cord was longer and looked heavy duty so I inquired about the brand which it turns out was the Rusk. Now I know why I could never get my hair to look like I had just walked out of the salon after I got home and tried to imitate it myself. At least half the effort went into the blowout and I could never acheive that until I splurged on this blow dryer. My hair is very healthy and shiny on its own, but its even more enhanced with this blowdryer. It takes far less time to blow it out. I can even wear it curly just put this on low and it never frizzes my hair unlike most blow dryers.
I bought this two years ago and its still going strong unlike the Vidal Sasson my daughters were using bought around the same time and I had to throw it away several months ago due to sparks.
I highly recommend this blow dryer. It is totally worth the extra money. You will see a difference the first time you use it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2008 1:44:00 PM More reviews by emyj

Best hairdryer Ive ever owned! I decided to get this after loving how my hair looked everytime I left my stylist whom always used this on my hair..I was amazed at how quick she could dry it! So I asked for this for Xmas last year b/c of the price..I couldnt really reason spending $100 on a hairdryer but it is my most favorite gift ever!! If it ever dies I will def repurchase. Only gripe about is it gets a little heavy.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2008 10:35:00 PM More reviews by nunzi182

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is by far the best blow dryer I have ever owned! I had teh T3 and didn't think the performance justified the cost. I pcked this up kind of cheap on eBay and I love it! My coarse, curly hair is dry in minutes and I only have to use my flat iron on the front, hard-to-straighten pieces. I will never use another blow dryer again!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2008 8:55:00 AM More reviews by AMP101004

Thanks to all of you ladies I set out to buy the much hyped and reviewed Bablyss. At my local Marshalls's they had some overstock ones for $40.00, but then I saw this Rusk Ionic and saw that it was made especially for Cosmetologists. I grabbed it at $39.95!
I have Very FRIZZY and WON'T behave color treated hair. When I got home I sprayed some water on my hair and dryed a couple of sections. It was AMAZING!!! Check out those discount stores you never know what you'll find.... The 2 year warranty is in the box also.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2007 11:34:00 PM More reviews by seamus68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

OMG!!!!! I am so impressed by this product that I actually am writing my very first review.

It has been YEARS since I have even thought of using a blow dryer on my very-colored, very frizzy, very thick hair. I could only remember all those years ago taking a half an hour or more just to get it mostly done. With this blow dryer, I was done in under ten and my hair is fabulous!!! I have hated my hair for years and even hated getting it cut because I could never make it look like the stylist could. I am so happy with my hair now and very excited about it only looking better and better as I get back my blowdrying skills.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2007 8:11:00 PM More reviews by tw

OMG. I never thought I'd like a hair dryer this much. It's my 3rd ion dryer in 2 years. The Hot Tools died after less than a year, the Sally generic was quite a bit better (for much less $), but still not what I thought a dryer should be. When I saw Ulta had the Speed Freak on sale, I researched it. Pretty good reviews, and I was frustrated with the one I had. I actually sort of thought I'd prove to myself that dryers are all pretty much the same, and I figured I'd use the Speed Freak twice and return it. Nope. It's awesome. I'm thinking about buying another one while they're on sale, in case anything happens to this one! It's totally unlike my previous dryers. It's UNBELIEVABLY fast. It's lighter than my old dryer and MUCH quieter. I don't switch the settings on accident like my old one - they're really well designed. I use it every day on my above-shoulder-length hair. It leaves my hair silky, shiny, super soft, static-free, with lots of movement, without a lot of unwanted volume. It actually keeps my hair straight all day, which doesn't even happen when my stylist does it. I like my hair again! The only thing to watch is the nozzle gets darn hot (which they warn you about). You don't want to direct the concentrator right at your scalp, even on low heat, and you definitely don't want to accidentally touch the concentrator to your skin (that's the voice of experience talking). Just keep it 2" away like you're supposed to anyway and you'll be fine.