Caress Daily Silkening bar

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate , Stearic Acid , Sodium Tallowate or Sodium Palmitate , Lauric Acid , Water , Sodium Isethionate , Sodium Stearate , Cocamidopropyl Betaine , Fragrance , Sodium Cocoate or Sodium Palm Kernelate , Sodium Chloride , Prunus Persica Fruit Extract , Citrus Aurantium Dulcis Flower Extract , Hydrolyzed Silk , Propylene Glycol , Tetrasodium EDTA , Tetrasodium Etidronate , BHT , Red 4 (CI 14700) , Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) , Yellow 6 (CI 15985) , Yellow 10 (CI 47005)

on 5/27/2011 5:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

they dont sell this in australia. when my mum goes to america she brings back many bars of this. i love the smell, i would repurchase just based on this alone lol
the bar is soft and doesnt dry my skin out or make me feel waxy. if i use it for a week though i find that i get abit dry but not as dry as other soaps, but more dry than if i use a dove soap for the same amount of time. having said this, i love the smell so ill deal with moisturising :)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I LOVE the scent of this bar. Would re-purchase again over and over. :)

on 4/30/2011 9:47:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I never paid any mind to this soap before but after sampling a fragrance oil knock-off the Daily Silkening scent (white peach and silk blossoms) I just had to go out and buy the Caress bar soap, as well as the body wash. I've tried a lot of soap in my time (I prefer bar soap; I just feel cleaner after using it as opposed to body wash) but, I must say, this one is just perfect: it doesn't dry out my skin, it sudses up easily/rinses easily, and last --but not least-- it smells really, really good!

on 12/14/2010 10:45:00 PM

i bought this after i ran out of my dove body wash, and didn't have the money to buy more so i got this off the shelf. i went home went in the shower , about to wash my face i picked up an empty bottle of facial cleanser didn't check to see if i need facial cleanser before i went to walgreens so i just used this bar soap it smells good. cleared up my acne on my body and face. I have been using it for 3 weeks , so far it works good.

on 11/7/2010 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have been using this stuff for over a decade. I love the smell, and sometimes I think that his the only reason I keep using it. But then I think about how picky I am, how could I not like the way it makes my skin feel when I love it so much? I mean I have bounced around using different body washes, but I always come back to this. I have oily skin too, and my body is prone to break outs but I have found that as long as I don't take too hot of a shower and I use this with a good exfoliating body brush/sponge, my skin is clear and soft. The smell is wonderful and the price is perfect. Around $5 at Wal Mart for 6 bars and it lasts me months.

on 6/3/2010 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a really good bath body bar. Its funny to see so many people having fond childhood memories of it; I thought it was only me. It smells great and is not drying.

on 4/22/2010 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I'm not really a bar soap kinda girl, but this is one i would use. It smells good and makes u feel fresh and its cheap between $2-$4.

on 2/22/2010 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is silky smooth. It does its job and cleans well.

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I like this soap, esp. to clean those "sensitive" regions, however, both the smell and how quickly it dissolves and disappears is why I only rarely purhase and use this product.

on 12/6/2009 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I was going through the soaps in the drug store, picking each up and smelling them. I have insanely dry skin but most of all I have an obscenely strong sense of smell and I can smell forwarmed signals of how it will smell hours later after city pollution has mixed with it.
The smell of this one (pink bar/original) is really nice. I thought it was strong but also smells like some hairdressers or a brand of shampoo they use there. I bought it not expecting much, f it dried my skin out i'd just use it as hand washing soap.
I'm really surprised at how good this soap was. It didn't leave my skin squeeking like a lot fo harsh soaps that strip the skin, instead it seemed to give this slip. Later reading about it on google i discovered it has bath oil in it. I usually break out from any type of oil on my skin. My skin didn't feel tight and for once I only needed a small amount of Cetaphil lotion afterwards.

I've tried the different Dove bars and every one of them left me with dry skin (unscented brand) or clogged my skin badly and I disliked their fragrance. Lets say this, if I'm washing my face with a face cloth and when I rinse it out the soap makes the cloth stick together like I just used vaseline and I have to rewash it out with another (drying) soap I know it's not good. Dove made my skin feel unwashed and clammy. I'd use it twice and then I could rub my finger down my body and dirt would literally roll off. Terrible. It didn't clean properly at all.
This brand is great though.I'll definitely be buying it again and again.

6 MONTH UPDATE
I had to stop using this as where I moved to didn't sell it. I was devestated and literally had to start creaming my skin twice as thick to get it to feel the same way this soap made my skin feel with NO lotion! One my return I rushed to the store to rebuy this and OMG, I forgot how much I love it. It's almost like my skin thanks me when I use it. DO you know the feeling after your wash your face and it dries to what feels like a stiff mask? This does the total opposite to all the other soaps I;ve tried.
Adding after a week of using this you may have to wash with another soap that's harsher to wash off the residue that will build up after time.