November 27, 2014 | 952 users online

Blush - L'Oreal - True Match super-blendable blush

rated 1 of 5 on 12/10/2012 10:39:00 AM More reviews by Napkep

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Color fades away QUICKLY! Was it ever there?

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2012 4:48:00 PM More reviews by frkparadis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

In short: I LOVE IT. It has great pigmentation (it will last you a very long time) and it blends really well.
I got in in the shade Sandalwood Rose and it suits my skin tone very well (NC15-20). It beats other drugstore brand blushes I have tried, especially because it is so soft and pigmented. The one thing I don't like is the brush that comes with it, not just because its quality is rather poor, but also because it is placed below the blush, which means that the packaging divides in two, and everytime I open the lid to get to the blush it opens all the way to the brush. I know it is not the biggest problem, but on a daily basis it gets annoying. But I will buy this blush again and am also intrigued to try some of the other colors.
By the way, they changed the packaging, and as far as I can see, the blush is now called "The blush" and not "True match".

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2012 1:24:00 PM More reviews by Everythingbeautynyc

I have all of these true match blushes, and they are some of my absolute favorite blushes, they are truly super blendable, i have the entire collection besides one that happens to be a bronzer named sun something, i didnt feel i needed a bronzer however that probably is a good product, Baby Blossom is a great dupe for benefit dandelion, definitely innocent flush is a great dupe very similar to nars orgasm, maybe not as shimmery, and a little more peachy then pink its a very healthy color and i do beleive the peach is pretty similar on the cheeks to benefit georgia, and the darkest color is definitely a match to one mac blush, i did see a huge swatchfest of OMG CHANEL (i have to rite omg if im im talking about chanel) and i saw a lot of simialr looking shades in that chanel swatchfest, Also bourjois paris which owns chanel, they have a lot of similar colors as well that are in this collection. Maybe not as shimmery as this collection this collection is so velvety soft and awesome i did do a full review and pictorial on if you look up everythingbeautynyc new york style and beauty blog youll see my review and additional larger photos. This is a departkment store quality blush in a drugstore packaging, I pretty like L'oreal products and find them to be just as good as higher end products and i imagine thats because they do own a lto of high end brands other then their drugstore brands so the only real difference is the packaging which may not be beautiful and ornate but functions and doesnt break so i dont think that part matters as long as the quality is there in the actual product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2012 2:30:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

I have this blush in Precious Peach (N 1-2, my first and favorite) Bare Honey (W 1-2) and Barely Blushing (W 3-4), and I love them. They go on so well, I like that the palette's surface area is nice and wide for a big brush to pick up a generous amount. The Precious Peach is amazing. A nice, simple, light peach to pick up light on almost anyone's cheekbones. I notice the difference with and without it, even though it is a light color. The other two I use under my cheekbones for contouring, one of the two depending on a day or night look. I sometimes use the Bare Honey on my cheeks if I want a browner blush but I only use the Barely Blushing as a contour. I love that they blend and feel light. I have fair skin with a light olive-yellow undertone, so I've tried other ones in the cool category but it didn't match my tone. I also am prone to blemishes on my cheeks and I've always wondered if it was from the blush but I don't think so. In any case, this is my standard blush and I love it. Going to probably pick up the Innocent Flush even though I'm not as into pink blushes, it looks so nice. Almost like a knock off Coralista (with less shimmer). And possibly Apricot Kiss as well! L'Oreal is the best for drugstore face makeup!
UPDATE: I found out the blemishes were related to face washes and creams (and ingredient called niacinamide, it breaks me out) so it was NOT this blush. Thought I should let you know :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 12:36:00 PM More reviews by Jglazee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I got this in precious peach as a sample with the True Match Powder and this blush gives me such a beautiful, natural flush. There is a bit of shimmer in this blush, and it makes it even more beautiful. Excellent pigmentation and staying power. Will definetly repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2012 1:40:00 AM More reviews by beabeautyqueen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use this blush in colour 120, Sandalwood Pink. I really like this blush. It is long wearing, and is high pigmented. It is also very buildable.I actually never noticed the sparkles before - in comparison to using the Maybelline dream mousse blush which contained a high qauntity of sparkles, the sparkles in this blush are minimal. Unfortunately I have had to change my rating of 4 to a 3 due to colour selection. This shade is quite peachy and a little more orange based than it looks, and this clashes with a lot of my lipsticks. Would have been perfect if they had a light pink shade without the orange undertone. I had to give this a 5 for packaging, the flip top mirror is extremely conveniant, and I love the fact that the little brush sits in it too. It is so handy for when I want to touch up during the day. I generally use a stippling brush to apply my powder based makeup, but I use the little brush that comes with this is extremely convenient, especially if I am on the go and have forgotten to pack my stippling brush. The size of this blush is perfect too - it will very easily fit in your purse. The packaging is thick and firm, which makes it a little less smash proof incase you drop it on the ground. In Australia, it is extremely expensive. It is $25 USD here, however I purchased it on ebay for $10. Very happy with this product, but won't buy again due to them not having the right shade for me. All of that aside - a very good product. Hope this review helped, beautyqueens! x

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2012 8:24:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

I'm really surprised by this blush. It's well pigmented, blends well, and lasts a long time. I swear this lasts longer than MAC blush. Overall, I'm really pleased. I usually use HE blushes, but this one is just as good. I have Soft Sun, which is a lovely bronzy pink BTW.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2011 11:21:00 PM More reviews by auraborialis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE this stuff. I was really skeptical because they have the opposite color theory as MAC (I'm NC 20). They're warms are cools and vice versa, so in this blush I'm a C1-2, called Baby Blossom. It works beautifully on my fair but yellow half Asian skin, and also works well with all of my natural/nude lipsticks and glosses. It also seems to be very finely milled because it goes on as a wash of color instead of being super pigmented like mac blushes are. (Not knocking mac but unless you are a professional makeup artist it's easy to get out of control with how much color goes on your face, and then it doesn't move around at all). The only (very small!!!) negative about this blush is the smell... it faintly smells of chemicals when you brush it on but it dissipates immediately. I don't even pay attention most of the time in the morning but I just bought this at CVS and had to try it asap. :P

The best part about this blush is the price. I wish department store brands worked this well! Would definitely buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2011 9:07:00 PM More reviews by helerycelerie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is too compact to get a significant amount with a blush brush, so I just use my fingers. The color is very, very mild (I'm using n3-4), which is good if you're like me and want an exceedingly natural look, but won't work for any significant coloring. When I say natural, I mean the sheerest of pinks with just a hint of shine. In fact, this is more shine than pink, so it gives me the glow I'm looking for without the fake-looking pink that I'm trying to avoid.

The bottom line:
Very, very natural looking. More of a gentle shine than an actual pink color, but it can be great for a natural, young look. Try using your fingers instead of a brush for this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2011 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Seadoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this blush in Innocent Flush N3-4 since True Match first came on the market. It's a staple for me. I just found these in the Dollar Tree for $1 and stocked up.