October 24, 2014 | 1873 users online

Self Tanners - Johnson & Johnson - Holiday Skin

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2010 8:06:00 AM More reviews by danai

Used this once for a couple of weeks; never touched it again.
The reason is this: I used it every night after showering or before bed. The next day I'd wake up, put on my clothes, get my cream summer bag and get out in the heat. The result, I ruined an awesome bag and a couple of light colored bras and tops. I literally sweated this out of my pores, and I'm not even one of the people who have the tendency to sweat heavily. I'm talking brown sweat stains on the handles of my bag, the lining of my bra, my top straps...Absolutely disgusting to say the least. And the funny part; I used the fair version.The icing on the cake, if you don't like the characteristic self tanner smell, to you this will most probably stink.
Well, you get the picture. In my experience, this is unbelievably, dangerously bad.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2010 9:09:00 PM More reviews by LCMakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this when I was simply looking for a cheap self tanner. Honestly, I am a little surprised just how negative these reviews are. This is one of the better fake tans I have used, however its not amazing. It gives a good colour, but I found that on about day 4 when I woke up I found my legs changed from a nice brown glow to orange. Generally this is ok, I only use it occasionally to just brighten my skin as its normally pretty dull and white.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2010 8:53:00 PM More reviews by SarahLuvsLee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This Product is the most discusting thing i have ever used and i wont be puttin it anywere near my body again i was horrified by the smell soon as i applied the lotion it stunk of playdough but worse. It was a horrible sticky thick texture. when i woke up in the morning the colour was orange and streaky. Worst product ever! x

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2010 12:35:00 PM More reviews by cherrybonbon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this last summer as I was looking for a cheap tanner that would make my pale-ish white legs match the lightly tanned colour of my arms. It took 3 days for it to build the colour I wanted, and whilst it was not streaky, (the fact that it's a gradual tanner makes it easier to get an even colour as you can see after each day which bits you've put less tanner on and focus on these bits a little more) it does wash off a bit too easily, and can start going a bit patchy.
The colour isn't orange so long as you don't build it up too much, and the smell isn't too bad (it fades after a couple of hours so isn't something that would put me off repurchasing if the finish was and tan duration was good) however I found myself going through half the bottle in the space of a week.
Overall, for 2.50 it was good, however if I was to buy another tanning lotion I would go for the St. Tropez original concentrated formula, and blend with moisturiser for a customisable shade.
This isn't as cheap as it looks as you do need to use it for a few days to get a tan colour.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2010 1:32:00 AM More reviews by snow7kids

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am surprised by the negative reviews of this product. I like the self tan products that act like a lotion and do things gradually....this is the first one I've tried that didn't smell or streak.....or rub off if I scratched my skin.
I only use self tanner on my legs below the knee....so I look better in my dresses/capri's etc. The other self tanners that I tried smelled bad and felt drying to my skin (Jergens foam one for example) although I would have purchased Jergens again IF I hadn't tried this one. I will keep buying Holiday Skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2009 10:23:00 AM More reviews by KatyRose123

To begin with i hated this product (looking back i guess i didnt apply it right.. prep..) anyway for the last week ive prep and let it dry after and i have the most amasing subtle tan also my skins super mosturied :D
So pratice makes perfect :)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/30/2009 11:14:00 AM More reviews by poodlegirl4

I used this for a week or so when I was going through a phase of self-tanning last summer, and this is really bad. It takes forever to dry; I remember standing around once for over 45 minutes waiting to go to bed and it still hadn't completely dried, leaves horrible orange stains everywhere, smells weird and biscuity, leaves a cheap looking, orange colour and streaks. It doesn't seem to make a difference how much you exfoliate, shave, moisturise etc, it will invariably find some way to streak anyway. I would never buy this again. I used Dove for a while and it is better, though still not incredible. If I ever decided to use self-tanner again, I would probably just buy St Tropez and save myself all these problems.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/19/2009 6:34:00 AM More reviews by LondonKazza

Really didn't like this product. There had been a lot of hype over it so I thought I'd give it a shot.

Firstly it doesn't absorb well, so when I applied it at night I had to go to bed feeling all slimy...ewwww! Then in the morning I found it had left me quite streaky. And to add to this it didn't have a nice smell. I gave the bottle to my sister who actually quite likes it....so maybe its just me??

Will stick to my Ambre Solaire moisturiser with a hint of fake tan in future!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2009 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Chamuda

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this self-tanner. It's the best one I've found. I would buy it again in a minute if I could find it in the U.S.! It seems they don't sell it here, only in Europe and/or Australia. I actually bought it while in Israel (they have lots of imported European products there.). I never had a self-tanner leave me with such a natural tan, got lots of compliments, and the smell wasn't terrible either. I think it may have even left my skin more moisturized in fact.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2009 8:36:00 PM More reviews by AllyE

I bought it in UK on offer and have been using it for 7 days now and see no change! Maybe just i tat. I have very fair skin and bought the fair/medium version. What's up? Where is my tan??? It does smell like that fake tan ingredient, but very slightly compared to the proper No7 spray tan, which has strong colour. It does moisturise, but I'd say it takes a lot of product to cover my whole body. It dries relatively quick, but the lack of colour after too many application just left me wondering if I got a bad batch (it's not expired) or I don't know what. Everyone here seems to see the results. Will try Nivea or Dove next.