August 21, 2014 | 1737 users online

Eyeliner - Christian Dior - Diorliner

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2010 10:58:00 AM More reviews by amyeom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Everyone is familiar with dial-up products so that aspect was pretty obvious; twist the bottom to increase flow of product. But I didn't find the miniscule directions in the box very helpful when it came to putting the pen itself together for use for the first time, because when you first open it, the applicator brush is not visible. At first I thought mine was broken or missing that piece.
When nothing magical happened after removing the safety ring -- dial still seemed locked and brush was still missing -- I wondered if the brush wasn't a seperate piece that had gotten stuck in the cap. Hoping to dislodge it, I then replaced and removed cap and Voila! All of a sudden the built-in brush popped out from the stem containing the liquid.
I don't see why they couldn't just say in the long-winded, irrelevant directions, quite simply:
1. Pull ring
2. Replace and remove cap
Thankfully you only have to do this that first initial time, as once you have activated the release of the brush it stays put and the whole pen design from brush to dial is GENIUS. I normally do not like eyeliner on me because I can never get a thin enough line to look natural. I would like to enhance my light eyes, but at the same time I don't want it to look like I've drawn a ring around them.
The last Calvin Klein pen I had, more like a fine-tipped magic marker, was "okay" (as in better than pencil), but I mainly only was buying again because that sucker lasted forever and I figured was as good as it could get. I'm so glad Sephora stopped carrying it so I could try Dior Liquid!! I was skeptical about the brush at first, as the brush that so many of the jar-style liquids I had tried in the past always seemed to distort the shape of either one eye or the other with the big bold incorrectable lines they produced -- a problem Dior has solved not just in the ingenius pen design, but even the tapered brush itself.
BEST EYELINER EVER. The user has total control in how thick or thin to apply the product, as well as how much or little of product itself they want to apply. And this pen brush gets ALLLL the way into the lash line becoming completely invisible if you want!! You just look like you have more defined features, not more defined caked-up make-up on your face. It is AWESOME. And the effect you get when combining this product with DiorShow Mascara is outstanding. These products were clearly designed to enhance each other. I hope they never change!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2010 6:08:00 PM More reviews by Bonnerka

A disappointing product! I don't have a steady hand for precise application, so the felt-tip pen should make it easier, but it never seems to dispense the right amount of product, it's either too much or too little. The line can appear watery, rather than intense and it dries slowly, so it ends up imprinted on my top lid. Given the high price, I'd expected better performance.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2010 2:24:00 AM More reviews by miriamb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the BEST liner that I ever had. It is crazy expensive (for a liner) but really worth every penny. It works flawless (really, it is that EASY to apply), doesnt fade, nor flake, it is sweat proof, the tip of the liner is still in perfect shape after almost 6 months of usage and the product did not dry out of change texture.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2010 2:15:00 AM More reviews by gmmace80

I love Dior mascaras, but I was pretty disappointed in this product. It's not even a little water resistant and when I went to remove it with my favorite Lancome eye makeup remover instead of wiping off, it flaked apart and went everywhere. I'm going to return it and I'm sure the salesperson will try to give me some "tips" to make it work, but for $31, application and removal should be effortless as far as I'm concerned. I don't usually use drugstore makeup products, but I picked up some L'Oreal liner for around $7 and it performs far better than this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2009 12:09:00 AM More reviews by soyoung07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i started using make-up recently so i'm not that good in applying eyeliner. i always get it wrong. however, it's really easy to use the diorliner. i think gel eyeliners a hassle to use and crayon eyeliners always end up smudging for me.
diorliner is very practical for me and easy to carry. the one that i have right now is the second one i bought.
it dries quickly once applied and i have more control to draw really think lines (i like to look as natural as i can).

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2009 8:50:00 AM More reviews by Define

One of the best liquid liners out there, I bought the black 098. It stays put like it should...did have a smudge attack after a long day but need to powder the eyelids/socket lightly before applied. Don't worry about the price - well worth it!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2009 3:56:00 AM More reviews by channingtatum

I have the one in navy and it is pretty for my brown eyes but I do not like the packaging at all. You have to turn the top part one click at a time to release the ink but when it comes out, it's this tiny bead of ink at the bottom and there is no way that you can apply it thinly on your eyes. You would need to wipe some of it off before applying which is a waste of product. So you can't really control the amount it is going to dispense. It is messy and it takes some time to dry. When they do dry, they stay put. I would not buy this again and the only good thing was that I got this at 60% off.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2009 1:15:00 PM More reviews by Sam1e

I use this eyeliner everyday - and love it! It goes on smooth and very easy from thin to thicker towards the end of the eye with one swoop, just how i like it! The texture of the liquid is great - just watery enough to great application and easy to erase. I also love the pen like applicator.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2009 2:20:00 AM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

I have gotten far better results from less expensive liquid liners, even drugstore brands. The pigment was a HUGE plus, but I had some trouble applying it with the pen. When I clicked the back a few times, no product came out. I did it some more and a bubble of black liquid surfaced. I had to awkwardly angle the pen around my eye as I applied it so as not to create a panda bear effect. Yikes! I've worn liquid liners for years and never find them that tedious to apply. While it had decent wearing power, I'll stick with something cheaper.

EDIT: Still one of the most pigmented liquid liners out there but the Physicians Formula has a better brush and is much cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2009 7:54:00 PM More reviews by dioraddict84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm a makeup artist and this is the liquid liner I always recommend to others. It dries quickly and is easy to apply (with practice of course). It does not smudge or come off until you want it to. The colors available are black and brown, and navy (this one's been discontinued recently but it's beautiful!).