Philosophy Vanilla Birthday Cake 3-in-1

2.9

water (aqua), tea-lauryl sulfate, ppg-2 hydroxyethyl cocamide, cocamidopropyl betaine, glycol stearate, glycerin, sodium chloride, disodium laureth sulfosuccinate, fragrance (parfum), peg-150 distearate, tocopheryl acetate, polyquaternium-7, glyceryl acrylate/acrylic acid copolymer, propylene glycol, sodium benzotriazolyl butylphenol sulfonate, buteth-3, tributyl citrate, citric acid, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, yellow 5 (ci 19140), red 40 (ci 16035).

on 9/1/2012 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

As a lot of previous reviewers have said it doesn't really smell of anything!, it's hard to find all the scents that are available over here in England so I couldnt wait to try this. It does foam up nicely but the bubbles smell of nothing and there's no lingering vanilla scent whilst you bathe. Must admit my skin feels very soft afterwards.i do own coconut frosting and that is totally the opposite of this smells gorgeous and lingers will buy that one again. For high end bath and shower products I'd highly highly recommend l'occitane.

on 8/31/2012 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I rated this product a 3/5 because it is "just okay". The scent is a bit plastic-y, and doesn't really remind me of a Vanilla Birthday Cake, but more of a cheap vanilla-scented wash. It's not terrible, but I wouldn't recommend it, as Philosophy is quite expensive. There are several better Philosophy scents out there than this one.

Received this as my birthday present from Sephora last year. I too am glad it was just a gift - it smells great in the shower but quicky disappears once you leave your shower experience. I think I'll stick to my Dove soap.

on 7/16/2012 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This was my first Philosophy bath wash and I doubt I will purchase any after I finish this. The only purpose I had for it was as a body wash and after I took a shower, the smell was gone. Iíve had cheaper body washes in which the smell would linger. I believe that this is overpriced and I will not repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I got this as the Sephora birthday gift last year. I'm glad it was free, because it had no scent whatsoever!

on 6/19/2012 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Oh, Sephora. Must you always cheapen the birthday gift? I too claimed my annual freebie only to be sorely disappointed. Despite the name, Vanilla Birthday Cake smells not of its namesake, but rather of plastic and vague sweetness. I love foody cake scents so I was excited for frosting, vanilla bean, or caramel but this doesn't smell like much of anything. The formula of the soap is mediocre, I prefer ds body wash to this. It was free so no harm done, but don't waste money on this.

on 6/19/2012 6:05:00 PM

Yeah, I got one on my birthday from Sephora too--I ending up throwing it out! It hardly had any scent, and it didn't lather at all. Absolute trash! Philosophy does have cute packaging, but the product is poor--BBW is much better quality and far more reasonable.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Like everyone else I got this as a free birthday gift from Sephora. AS a shampoo I dont see anything special about it. As a bubble bath it just takes too much product. I just use it as a body wash and I love the smell it is so good I want to eat it!!!!!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

This is my current HG body wash. I wish it had less chemicals, and plan to switch over to Dr. Bronner's, but it's the best I've tried so far. Usually body washes make my skin super dry, and moisturizing ones make me break out. This is the only one that has made me feel completely clean yet without itchy dry skin later on!

As a shampoo, it did NOT work for me. It made my long, wavy hair into a tangled mess of tiny rough crimps. I don't remember if I've ever used it as a bubble bath.

I got this for free from Sephora for my birthday (like many others), but now I plan to get another Philosophy 3-in-1 as a treat for my birthday! (They're kind of expensive.)

If you're like me, your New Year's resolution probably involved something about finally 'getting in shape.' A major part of this is, of course, cutting back on many of the delicious goodies that added inches to your waistline in the first place. If you're still mourning the loss of your favorite sweet treats, wipe off your tears and hop into the shower! Philosophy has recently released a whole plethora of yummy three-in-one shampoo / shower gel / bubble bath products. So, even if you can't eat a slice of birthday cake at least you can smell like one! Nom, nom, nom ... These products are absolutely fab! Can you tell I'm a big fan? The delicious concoctions lather like a dream, moisturize well and smell divine - DIVINE! The only downside is that the scent doesn't linger long on your skin after you get out of the shower. If you'd like to smell like a bakery all day (which I do) just work the gel into your hair, let it sit for a few minutes, and rinse. Your locks will smell like sugar and spice and everything nice all day long!

Read more at http://wallstreetbeautybeat.blogspot.com