July 30, 2014 | 1147 users online

Gels/Soaps - Philosophy - Vanilla Birthday Cake 3-in-1

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2012 11:50:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was my first Philosophy bath wash and I doubt I will purchase any after I finish this. The only purpose I had for it was as a body wash and after I took a shower, the smell was gone. Iíve had cheaper body washes in which the smell would linger. I believe that this is overpriced and I will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2012 11:22:00 PM More reviews by boobiedoobiedoo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this as the Sephora birthday gift last year. I'm glad it was free, because it had no scent whatsoever!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2012 11:06:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

Oh, Sephora. Must you always cheapen the birthday gift? I too claimed my annual freebie only to be sorely disappointed. Despite the name, Vanilla Birthday Cake smells not of its namesake, but rather of plastic and vague sweetness. I love foody cake scents so I was excited for frosting, vanilla bean, or caramel but this doesn't smell like much of anything. The formula of the soap is mediocre, I prefer ds body wash to this. It was free so no harm done, but don't waste money on this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2012 6:05:00 PM More reviews by cleo777

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Yeah, I got one on my birthday from Sephora too--I ending up throwing it out! It hardly had any scent, and it didn't lather at all. Absolute trash! Philosophy does have cute packaging, but the product is poor--BBW is much better quality and far more reasonable.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2012 11:36:00 PM More reviews by DCookiemonster25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Like everyone else I got this as a free birthday gift from Sephora. AS a shampoo I dont see anything special about it. As a bubble bath it just takes too much product. I just use it as a body wash and I love the smell it is so good I want to eat it!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2012 3:52:00 AM More reviews by heytherebeautiful

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my current HG body wash. I wish it had less chemicals, and plan to switch over to Dr. Bronner's, but it's the best I've tried so far. Usually body washes make my skin super dry, and moisturizing ones make me break out. This is the only one that has made me feel completely clean yet without itchy dry skin later on!

As a shampoo, it did NOT work for me. It made my long, wavy hair into a tangled mess of tiny rough crimps. I don't remember if I've ever used it as a bubble bath.

I got this for free from Sephora for my birthday (like many others), but now I plan to get another Philosophy 3-in-1 as a treat for my birthday! (They're kind of expensive.)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2012 8:28:00 PM More reviews by WallStreetBeautyBeat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If you're like me, your New Year's resolution probably involved something about finally 'getting in shape.' A major part of this is, of course, cutting back on many of the delicious goodies that added inches to your waistline in the first place. If you're still mourning the loss of your favorite sweet treats, wipe off your tears and hop into the shower! Philosophy has recently released a whole plethora of yummy three-in-one shampoo / shower gel / bubble bath products. So, even if you can't eat a slice of birthday cake at least you can smell like one! Nom, nom, nom ... These products are absolutely fab! Can you tell I'm a big fan? The delicious concoctions lather like a dream, moisturize well and smell divine - DIVINE! The only downside is that the scent doesn't linger long on your skin after you get out of the shower. If you'd like to smell like a bakery all day (which I do) just work the gel into your hair, let it sit for a few minutes, and rinse. Your locks will smell like sugar and spice and everything nice all day long!

Read more at http://wallstreetbeautybeat.blogspot.com

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2012 7:18:00 PM More reviews by amndajohnson87

Got it free for my birthday (of course)... and was so sad when it ran out! Smells delicious, lathers well.. price isn't terrible either imo.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2012 4:11:00 PM More reviews by Haruhi13

Like everyone else, I got this from Sephora for my birthday.
Color: A creamy yellow (like cake batter!) with a pearly sheen
Scent: OH MY GOD. Birthday cake in a bottle. It doesn't last out of the shower though.
It lathers fairly well, nothing special. In fact, it's mediocre in every way (except for the incredible scent!!!). I wouldn't advise buying this, as it's only redeeming feature is calculated to make you crave cake.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2012 7:01:00 AM More reviews by donnahsueh

I got this for my birthday from Sephora and this was my first time using a bath product from Philosophy. I was really excited because everyone is always raving about how awesome their shower/shampoo products are and I thought this was just okay. I only used this as a shower gel so I can't really say how well it worked as a shampoo/bubble bath. As a shower gel, I did thought it smelled INCREDIBLE! I must admit, there were a few times where I really wanted to lick it hahahaha :P But other than that, I didn't think it was better than any other shower gels I've tried and for the original price, I don't think it's worth it. But it was nice to try :)