Philosophy Vanilla Birthday Cake 3-in-1

2.9

water (aqua), tea-lauryl sulfate, ppg-2 hydroxyethyl cocamide, cocamidopropyl betaine, glycol stearate, glycerin, sodium chloride, disodium laureth sulfosuccinate, fragrance (parfum), peg-150 distearate, tocopheryl acetate, polyquaternium-7, glyceryl acrylate/acrylic acid copolymer, propylene glycol, sodium benzotriazolyl butylphenol sulfonate, buteth-3, tributyl citrate, citric acid, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, yellow 5 (ci 19140), red 40 (ci 16035).

A bad product that I got from Sephora for free for my birthday last year. It doesn't smell good and doesn't lather well. I hate it. It must be a mistake.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Got this for free from sephora like everyone - mediocre at best. Doesn't lather well, the scent is kind of tacky and does not stay on skin, and this def would not be good for the face, I can just tell it would make me break out.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

As a lot of previous reviewers have said it doesn't really smell of anything!, it's hard to find all the scents that are available over here in England so I couldnt wait to try this. It does foam up nicely but the bubbles smell of nothing and there's no lingering vanilla scent whilst you bathe. Must admit my skin feels very soft afterwards.i do own coconut frosting and that is totally the opposite of this smells gorgeous and lingers will buy that one again. For high end bath and shower products I'd highly highly recommend l'occitane.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I rated this product a 3/5 because it is "just okay". The scent is a bit plastic-y, and doesn't really remind me of a Vanilla Birthday Cake, but more of a cheap vanilla-scented wash. It's not terrible, but I wouldn't recommend it, as Philosophy is quite expensive. There are several better Philosophy scents out there than this one.

Received this as my birthday present from Sephora last year. I too am glad it was just a gift - it smells great in the shower but quicky disappears once you leave your shower experience. I think I'll stick to my Dove soap.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This was my first Philosophy bath wash and I doubt I will purchase any after I finish this. The only purpose I had for it was as a body wash and after I took a shower, the smell was gone. Iíve had cheaper body washes in which the smell would linger. I believe that this is overpriced and I will not repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I got this as the Sephora birthday gift last year. I'm glad it was free, because it had no scent whatsoever!

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Oh, Sephora. Must you always cheapen the birthday gift? I too claimed my annual freebie only to be sorely disappointed. Despite the name, Vanilla Birthday Cake smells not of its namesake, but rather of plastic and vague sweetness. I love foody cake scents so I was excited for frosting, vanilla bean, or caramel but this doesn't smell like much of anything. The formula of the soap is mediocre, I prefer ds body wash to this. It was free so no harm done, but don't waste money on this.

Yeah, I got one on my birthday from Sephora too--I ending up throwing it out! It hardly had any scent, and it didn't lather at all. Absolute trash! Philosophy does have cute packaging, but the product is poor--BBW is much better quality and far more reasonable.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Like everyone else I got this as a free birthday gift from Sephora. AS a shampoo I dont see anything special about it. As a bubble bath it just takes too much product. I just use it as a body wash and I love the smell it is so good I want to eat it!!!!!