Smashbox Photo Finish Primer

3.2

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Silica, Dimethicone/ Vinyldimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Extract, Propylene Glycol, Water (Aqua, Eau), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Cola Acuminata Seed Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract

on 7/8/2015 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I wanted to get this so badly because I heard so many good things about it. Literally everyone seemed to be obsessed with this primer and all of its reviews on the sephora website were great. I finally picked up the travel size of this primer but i thought it looked awful on my dry skin. It clung to my dry areas and literally wouldn't absorb into my skin like I would keep rubbing and this just took off dead skin when it was really dry and looked horrible it made my makeup look even worse. Also I was not crazy about the siliconish gel texture of this primer. For oily skin, I think this product would work wonders. I tried this on my cousin who has oily skin and it absorbed into her skin so well and soread out beautifully and make the foundation go on really well and last longer. If you have oily skin definitely try this out but not at all for dry skin.

on 6/21/2015 4:44:00 PM

I do not think this product anchors foundation to my skin. I just feel like there is another layer of something on my skin. This is also expensive for what it is- basically silicone. I would not repurchase.

on 6/18/2015 8:32:00 PM

My favorite primer of all time is the porefessional but I got this as a sample and it really is nice, I don't love it as much as porefessional but this has such a silky smooth feeling and I think it makes my skin look better throughout the day especially now since my skin has been throwing a tantrum this seems to have even it out when I have makeup on

on 6/17/2015 12:12:00 PM

I never buy primer -- I always just get samples through subscription bags! You need so little of it and it's so expensive to buy from Sephora. This one is okay -- a little greasy, but I liked being able to try it through Ipsy. https://www.ipsy.com/new?refer=2vny6

on 6/16/2015 9:27:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I really worked well with my skin, and since I have a very dry skin it helps that my foundation looks better and smoother, sadly I think its too expensive and not enough product for that price.

on 6/15/2015 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Made my makeup look perfect....for like one hour. My skin was all weird and sticky after that first hour. Plus I broke out super bad :( I think my skin just hates anything with silicones...

on 5/23/2015 12:08:00 PM

Don't think this is anything special at all.
It didn't change my make up in anyway or help it stay on longer.
It feels nice on your skin, not heavy or greasy. But it just doesn't do anything, it's very pointless & extremely expensive.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This was the first foundation primer I ever tried, which was probably close to almost ten years ago at this point. Since then, hundreds of different primers have popped up and I've tried a ton of them. The only two that I've used that compare to this are probably Vincent Longo's Water Canvas Base Primer and/or Lancôme's La Base Pro. Still I slightly prefer Smashbox because I like that silky/lightweight silicone texture. (Vincent Longo and Lancôme are silicone based too!) I find my makeup stays put for a bit longer, but more importantly looks fresher for a longer period of time. Another review mentioned these silicone primers tend to clog up your pores, which I can see being an issue for many people, especially in comparison with those that do not contain silicone. I haven't had any issues/breakouts with this, but I often switch up my primers. I feel that it's great for all skin types whether you're oily or dry or combination. Lately, I have been oily and this has definitely helped a bit in terms of keeping the oil at bay for longer. This primer has stood the test of time for me despite the hundreds of primers I have tried since my first encounter with this one. It's still my favorite over the other two I mentioned, which is a plus since it is the least expensive and contains the most product. Smashbox is $36 for 1 oz., Vincent Longo is $44 for 0.88 oz. and Lancôme is $42 for 0.8 oz. I have never tried the other varieties of this product that have since come out such as the color correcting, pore minimizing, etc. I'm not sure if they are the same formula, but would definitely be interested in giving those a shot as well! I think this product is a great place to start if you are a beginner with primers and are unsure of the formula that is best for your makeup/skincare needs.

on 5/1/2015 5:00:00 AM

Amazing product. Makes my makeup last longer and look better! Love it love love love it!!

on 4/30/2015 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

My skin is very oily and very few foundations can work for me. Based on the recommendation of a Sephora sales rep, I got a small size of this. It was only $16 so not a big dent. WOW! It does keep the oil at bay but for heaven's sake, it makes my skin so dry and dehydrated. So this is one of those products that you have to really balance the pros and cons and see what you would rather have. Granted, any foundation can work for me with this primer but would I sacrifice my healthy skin for it? NO WAY! Also, this does cause a little bit of eye sensitivity. Although I do not put this around my eyes, somehow my eyes get very watery and uncomfortable. So for all of those oily gals out there, this might be the answer to you but I will move on.

Popular Primer/ Correctors