December 22, 2014 | 1776 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Primer

rated 2 of 5 on 11/13/2014 11:06:00 PM More reviews by kjulia135

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

NOT WORTH THE PRICE. I bought this for $40 +tax.
It does make my skin softer and foundation seems to stay on well after applying the primer.
However, its too oily and I get red bumps or zits on my cheeks everytime I use it.
First time opening the product, a puddle of oil poured out.
I regret buying it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2014 12:08:00 PM More reviews by Jenhaas504

This is my everyday primer, its easy on and creates a nice base for me to do my makeup. Makeup just kinda glides on over this stuff and it works great. If I was going out or to an event, I would prob go for a poreless primer, which this is def not. But everyday it works great and the bottle will last you a while, which is good cause its not the cheapest!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2014 7:43:00 AM More reviews by selinaxkyle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The first time I tried this primer I haaaated it. After a couple years I decided to give this a second chance and I am very glad I did. My issue the first time around was that I was too heavy handed with the application. This time I worked around my face in sections, using the tiniest dot along the way. It made all the difference. Instead of feeling like I had a mask on, this primer used sparingly evens out the skins texture. Foundation glides on top of this primer and additional products blend well.

Fortunately my skin did not have any strange reactions and overall it smoothed over some flakiness I've been having on and off.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2014 9:47:00 PM More reviews by monis2186

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Great primer, such a smooth finish. The 1.7 bottle goes a long way and does not have to be repurchased often. I probably will experiment with other Smashbox primers before I make this a staple for myself.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2014 12:24:00 AM More reviews by antiguru

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Good primer, I like the "slick" ones. Went on well, did its job. I can buy drugstore primers that work just as well on me for a fraction of the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2014 3:27:00 PM More reviews by RainbowKid18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I received two sample sizes of this product when I bought the the Smashbox Liquid Halo foundation back in April and I'm still on the second now which speaks volumes about value for money. The product comes out the the tube like a gel but distributes like a clear velvety wax leavin my face smoothed out and filled in. The product doesn't really have a smell which is a relief as in my opinion if I overload my sense of smell whilst I'm applying make up I begin to feel like I'm wearing too much. I've use this under high end foundations as well as high street foundations and it has served both very well, I do notice a nicer distribution of my foundation and better coverage, if I want to make my foundation last super long I'll use double the amount. I've been able to go out on an all-nighter, wake up and not have to apply any make up (well except gloss) it's such a good product

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2014 12:12:00 PM More reviews by LilMissMatched

I got this primer a couple of years ago when I was on a Smashbox kick. I purchased the clear/transparent one, not the purple or colored one. As far as consistency it felt like DHC Vevet Skin Coat, and it did make my foundation appear more matte at first, which is what I like, due to oily problem skin. Bottom line: it's nothing special, you can buy any number of lower end primers for less than half the cost and glean the same exact results. I give it an overall 3/5. My makeup did last maybe a bit longer and wore a bit better, but it didn't sink into my larger pores and make them less noticeable, which Is why I purchased it. Won't be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2014 10:59:00 PM More reviews by yjanney

To be fair, this product is OK. It applied easily, blurred the look of my pores and helped my makeup last all day and night. On the negative side, it did nothing to control oiliness, felt really greasy on my skin, and it's expensive. IMO the ELF primer seems exactly the same and costs $3US! However, I really prefer a mattifying primer that's more affordable.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2014 11:52:00 AM More reviews by Polygon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is my favourite all-time primer. I'm surprised to see that people tend to have mixed feelings about this product.

Anyway, the primer is very thick, almost like a gel. It applies easily, and the finish is just as promised, it minimizes my pores, and gives me that photo-finish look. My skin feels really soft and silky after applying.

Also, I've used this for a long time, and I've never had any breakouts.
This is my HG primer.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/7/2014 4:13:00 PM More reviews by MarJH

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this as a sample and it glides on nicely and I liked it until my face broke out everywhere! Will not be purchasing.