September 16, 2014 | 1775 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2014 4:13:00 PM More reviews by Marissaxox

I do love this primer! The SA put this on me for my prom day and my foundation looked PERFECT all day on a warm june afternoon. I then decided to buy the smashbox try me kit, where I got to use the primer for an extended period of time. I think it's great for anyone-especially since they have expanded their primers for other skin issues. It feels like a dream and it makes my skin feel like silk. It is one of the best that I have used thus far for controlling oil and for lasting power. I am about to try a primer from Laura Mercier and if that doesn't work out I think I am going to buy this one!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2014 9:02:00 AM More reviews by sindoodoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I received a sample of this as part of a purchase of the smashbox halo hydrating powder. It's a great primer that makes your make-up last all day. Make sure that it's dried before applying the rest of your makeup, because otherwise you may run into problems with streakiness. You can check whether it's dry just by patting your skin and checking how smooth or dry it feels.

You should DEFINITELY make sure to wash your face at night when you wear this primer, because I forgot one night and ended up with a pimple or two. Apparently it's because it doesn't let your pores breathe. I have oily cheeks and an oily nose area, and I liked that this controlled a little bit of the shine in those areas, while still letting it show through (giving a dewy look), without creating flaky skin around the nose and mouth, where I have dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2014 12:40:00 PM More reviews by qmsterling

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Got a sample of this stuff, tried it out (was skeptical)... I did not have to touch up my makeup ALL DAY. I was completely shocked! I would definitely recommend this, except for the price. Doing a little bit of research has turned up that Monistat Soothing Care Powder Gel seems to have the same ingredients (!?!?). I will try the super-cheap version, but will most definitely come back to this if the Monistat hype is just that.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2014 8:08:00 AM More reviews by InkedDoll

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I was fine with the feel of this on my dry cheeks, but halfway through the day my foundation (Max Factor Weightless) looked cakey and I had tidemarks. I had to take the foundation off my cheeks and re-moisturise and re-apply. Disappointed after reading so much hype.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2014 6:17:00 AM More reviews by Anna888

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is an excellent primer as when I use it I really do notice how my make up lasts longer and looks fresher! I've only ever tried about one other primer so do not have much to judge this by, but this one has such rave reviews in magazines and for me it works so I see no point in trying something else! When I previously bought the primer it came in a pump bottle and now comes in a tube which I think is better as not as bulky. I thinks it's quite expensive and I'm sure when changing over the packaging it's less mls but for the same price, which is a bit cheeky! If this primer is within your budget, certainly worth a try.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2014 3:54:00 AM More reviews by TheModType

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of the first foundation primers I ever bought, I read so many great reviews that I just had to go out and see what all the fuss was about! Unfortunately I did not love this primer. I tend to avoid any mat foundations, preferring the more dewy look, and this primer makes everything very mat looking. It does really smooth out your skin though, so that is great. Unfortunately, I just dont like the mat look personally, so I will be giving this away. If you love the mat look, this is for you!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2014 2:00:00 AM More reviews by reeds2983

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

To see results from the Photo Finish Oil Free Primer by Smashbox, let it set for a minute or two before applying your foundation. I have oily skin and I am African American, so I was and still am in search of products that blur my skin imperfections as much as possible while sustaining my make-up. I'm not impressed with this, but it works. And when I go out, I get major compliments on my face; more than I get when I don't use this primer.

After letting your moisturizer set for a minute or two, apply the Photo Finish Oil Free Primer by Smashbox, and then let it set for a minute or two. Then apply your foundation, concealer, bronzer, and whatever else you slather on your face to be beautiful. Be sure to set your make up with a fix it spray ( MAC has a great one!) The results will be there, but don't expect a miracle. It works best on skin that has been thoroughly cleansed, exfoliated, and moisturized.

I bought this in a travel size from Ulta for $15.00. I suggest getting a sample from Sephora's if you're still unsure.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2014 3:16:00 PM More reviews by raygo

I used this product for about 4 months and I thought it was my new HG. The newer packaging is very easy to use and stays clean. The product itself feels very slippery between the fingers and it applies to the skin like a dream-glides on smoothly and disappears into the skin, probably due to the silicone in its formula. My foundation applied well over it and it made it last all day. Once I feel asleep with my makeup on after using this and my foundation still looked great the next day. It does everything a primer should do. Unfortunately, soon after using this product I started to get deep painful pimples all over my cheeks. After filtering products out of my makeup routine to find the culprit, I realized it was this product. It was unfortunate to have to remove this from my makeup routine, but within a few weeks my skin cleared up drastically. To anyone that doesn't have acne prone or sensitive skin-this could be a great primer for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2014 8:30:00 PM More reviews by Jwright89

I love smashbox primers. I always take care that I am not applying too much product, as that can cause breakouts or an oily appearance. This helps my makeup stay all day!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2014 3:54:00 PM More reviews by pembrokee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I think its as good as the magazines says it is. Im very surprised by the negative reviews. I also have the tendency 2 break out, but this product never caused me to breakout, not even once. It very simply, enhances my foundation, and has a nice consistency. However, I only like the clear and maybe the purple one.