OPI Dutch Tulips

4.7

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Was looking for a nice bluish red so had someone help me choose. They suggested something else and Dutch Tulips. This was suggested to me awhile ago already so I bought it this time. At the store, it looked red but now that I've tried it on and had seen the bottle in different lighting, it looks reddish fuchsia. May have to go back and get that other red -- whatever its name. I love OPI though because the brush is so wide that I only need to swipe twice (I keep my nails short and my nails are fairly petite). The paint consistency is runny enough that a bottle will last a long time…and it doesn't dry out even after a year. I only need one layer to get true color. Worth the price! Gave a high rating because it's a beautiful color even if it wasn't what I was looking for.

on 7/9/2012 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

While I don't own this product, I just got a manicure with this color. It is a nicely opaque (with two coats) pinky red/blue-based red. It looks great on tan skin, the perfect summer color for mani and/or pedi. Does seem to be getting tip wear much sooner than I would like (within a day). Very pretty summer red, though!

on 7/3/2012 9:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

One of OPI's best colors, IMO. I'd purchase again in a heartbeat.

on 1/7/2012 1:33:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really like this color. I tend to like deep pinks, fuschias, plums, purples. And this color is great. I love it for my toes BUT for some reason this is the worst to get off! I use a base coat first and sometimes a top coat. When I remove this, it smears terribly! It takes forever to remove the traces from my nails and skin. If I don't wear gloves when removing I have it on my hands too. I don't seem to have this problem with other polishes or colors, just this one. I'll keeping using what I have, but I won't repurchase.

on 11/29/2011 5:41:00 AM

I bought this nailpolish because I am dutch so i thought it would be fun. Normally I'm not really a red pink kinda girl but this one i like a lot. It goes on very smoothly and doesn't chip to bad on my nails. As for the price: expensive! but that's because I live in Europe I guess.

on 11/28/2011 8:19:00 AM

This was the very first OPI color I ever used. It must have been 20 years ago. It's a classic, and I go back to it over and over.

on 7/2/2011 1:52:00 AM

Not sure how I feel about this polish. I bought dutch tulips because it was a pretty pink-toned red in the bottle. But, on the nail is just looks like your typical bright red. When I swatch some other bright reds side by side with this one, I can slightly notice the pink tones. I think someone with a darker skin tone would notice the pink, but on my fair skin this just isn't special. On the plus side, it's still pretty and applies well with no streaking and is opaque in two coats

on 6/13/2011 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I don't often wear red polish, but based on the reviews here I decided to pick me up a bottle of Dutch Tulips. This is a beautiful blue-based red that looks amazing on even pale skin, such as my own. As per usual with OPI, the colour is bold and an excellent consistency. The brush allows for precise application making clean-up either not necessary or very minimal.

This will be my go-to red polish from here on in! Thanks reviewers :)

on 6/10/2011 2:18:00 AM

Love this colour! In the bottle and when I apply it I try to work out if it is pink or red. When it dries it is red one me. I don't wear red often because I find it's too harsh on me but because it leans towards pink it looks great!

As mbrow222 said, it's a hot pink version of burgandy. Goes on really bright!

Love it. I had my first pro manicure with this colour and still have a soft spot for it years later!

on 6/10/2011 1:13:00 AM

Usually I prefer very dark purple/red/black/vampy colors....so I was very surprised when I found myself captivated at the store staring at the bottle of Dutch Tulips. It's not a color I would usually want to buy AT ALL, but I figured I would branch out a little and try a bright/more summery shade. Once I got the polish on my nails, it was love at first sight! I really enjoy this color....it is my "go-to" polish when I want something on my nails and toes that isn't as vampy as what I normally wear. If you are like me and usually only wear darker colors and are thinking of trying a more bright/summery color, try Dutch Tulips...it's divine!

Popular Polishes