MAC Brush Cleanser

4.4

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), SD Alcohol, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Hexylene Glycol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Isopropyl Alcohol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Triclosan, Red 33, Blue 1.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I liked this product for awhile but I started having small breakouts and finally contributed it to this cleanser. This isn't a cleanser for a deep clean, this is for a temporary/disinfectant clean. I've noticed that some ppl definitely use this product wrong and it could potentially lead to some breakouts. I only used this product maybe once a week, along w/cleaning my brushes with soap and water and still suffered some breakouts. I honestly wouldn't recommend this particular product, as there are many other better cleaning products on the market. I truly think some ppl are just obsessed with the Mac line..no matter if it's good quality or not.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have probably gone through about 5 of these bottles. Back in the day when I was die hard Mac everything. Mac can do no wrong, and everything they touch is golden nuggets. Plus side is they can at least be accumulated towards the Back to Mac program. I think I would probably get about 2 months out of this bad boy, if that.

I find that more of this cleanser went down the drain than onto my brushes. I also really felt like it didn't clean the brushes as much as it could have. I could re-wash a brush with a regular bar of soap and the bristles would come up cleaner looking than using this cleanser. I don't know what that says about the soap I am using or what, but damn... for this price I would assume this brush cleaner would you know... clean my brushes.

From their website: "This one product will clean, disinfect and condition the brush fibers so that brushes will last longer. It is convenient to use and is specifically designed to extend the life of high quality brushes. Brush Cleanser leaves your brushes smelling fresh and clean, and helps shorten their drying time"

I don't know about these claims of faster drying times this was not a feature I noticed. I know this is a liquid product so the packaging is standard to that, however I don't really prefer this size, it was big and took up a considerable amount of space in the cupboard.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I just got this today. I'm absolutely awful at cleaning brushes, so I really enjoy this. I just put some on a paper towel and rub my brushes in it. Works beautifully :) I haven't tried deep cleaning with it but soon I will.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This product is really good. I have use it a few times on my brushes and it still is alot left. Mutch product and its cheep as well. My brushes gets clean and it feels fresh. I will buy this product again when its finnish. If you are looking for a good brush cleaner this is the one.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Great for cleaning brushes quickly. I constantly use my MAC 187 stipple brush for blush and thought the 'white' of the brush would be forever pink...but this cleaned it back to white with a couple of swipes on a clean tissue.

It's also great for when I want to use the same brush for different products consecutively (such as my 217 for painterly as a base color on the lids followed by using it for shroom on my brow bone) as the brush dries instantly following using this brush cleanser.

Long term I probably wouldn't recommend it as your sole brush cleaner as it smells of alcohol and would likely dry out the bristles. But as a quick brush clean I highly recommend!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Really liking this so far. Saves deep cleaning so often and I find it quite well priced. As has been mentioned previously, would prefer a spray cap or maybe have an alternative spray lid. But it's not a problem for me seeing as I just tip a little into a mini spray bottle anyway.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Great for a quick removal of color. It smells highly of alcohol. I feel like this dries my brushes out. Don't think I'll buy this again, but it does serve its purpose as a temporary brush cleaner.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Good for spot cleaning, but not for deep cleaning. The packaging is also a little inconvenient, MAC should put this in a spray bottle but this you can easily do that yourself. I like it but it's not something that I must have it does take the color out of the brush so you don't have to use separate brushes for everything but for deep cleaning it's better to wash your brushes with a baby shampoo!

Great product! I only buy this brush cleanser for inbetween shampooing. This is meant to spot clean/disinfect brushes, since people should shampoo their brushes twice a month tops. I use this cleanser every 3 days, since I have acne prone/oily skin. I also love how you can recycle these for "back to mac"! I wish mac would use a spray bottle instead, so it wastes a lot less product.

How I use:
-I sometimes transfer this product to a small spray bottle
- spray the brush (obviously) & swirl the brush head around on a clean white tissue. I repeat until their is no more trace of makeup left in my brushes.

This was my first brush cleanser so i have nothing to compare it to but it works. Cleans brushes well.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools