December 18, 2014 | 927 users online

Fragrances - Dior - Dolce Vita

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2012 2:27:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

An oriental vanilla fragrance with sharp, piney sandalwood that crazily doesn't last long considering it is pricey. I'll try to describe the notes I smell when I use it:

Initially it opens sweetly with a hint of tropical beachy apricots and peach, along with a clean shower fresh soapy-mint that opens up the sinuses, plus a hint of smoky incense blend of the rose, cinnamon and sandalwood.
10 minutes later the sweetness softens and a cinnamon, sandalwood and a strong cardamon scent come out that smells EXACTLY like fresh (male) underarm sweat. This is unpleasant but it fades.
30 minutes in everything settles nicely into fairly sharp pine-resin-like sandalwood and aldehydes (like chanel no. 5), mixed with sweet, clean soapy lemon and peach, and smoky incense-like powdery florals and musk. Within an hour its faded to almost nothing, and smells faintly like Avon's Vanilla Soft Musk mixed with Revlon's Charlie Gold. I'd be better off buying the Avon and Revlon pair because they are much cheaper and both those fragrances last!

Classification: Woody Oriental
Top Notes: Rose, Magnolia, Muguet (Lily of the Valley)
Middle Notes: Apricot, Peach, Cinnamon
Base Notes: Sandalwood, Vanilla, Heliotrope

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2012 3:12:00 AM More reviews by Jake84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of Dior's best, and so underrated. It's harder to find these days but it's worth the search. I love it! It has a warm vanilla/amber scent, and makes you feel happy. The bottle is beautiful too. This is a nice wearable scent, to me it is not too feminine, kind of unisex. Hope they never stop making it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2011 9:57:00 PM More reviews by BigEars

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

don't be put off by the fact that you can find this fragrance very cheaply, particularly online. It is gorgeous. Warm, woodsy,cinnamon, spice, like a favourite blanket on a cold day. Originally unsuccessful as Feminite des Bois, it was purchased by Dior and I have got to say that I prefer this. To begin with it is much more wearable by any age group/style and also it does not have thet 'trip to the dentist feel' of the Shiseido/Lutens. Love it and hope it stays on the market.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2011 8:39:00 PM More reviews by dioraddict84

This really is one of Dior's best fragrances. It is a bit harder to find now but it is worth it. It was launched in 1995. It is a bit powdery but has a nice vanilla base. It is sweet but not overly so. For an EDT, it is pretty strong and lasts long. I really love this scent. I think it's only available in a 100mL now but it is worth it. So beautiful. It has a bit of spice to it as well. The floral notes I pick up on are magnolia and rose. There is definitely cinnamon, vanilla, peach as well, and other notes of course.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2011 5:05:00 AM More reviews by cocorocha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Sorry guys...I just can't agree with the fact that for most of the reviewers this gem smells like ''80-ties,angle-shoulders,Dynasty....''...no way...it is a modern futuristic scent that works even today as the on of the sparkliest, fresh and young perfume which is deffinitely NOT for girls...
For me, Little Snowflake said it so beautifully in her review...this is gold...if gold had some scent, it would smell exactly like Dolce Vita....sweet, sunny, fantasticly spicy, veeeeery expensive (horse races in UK's Royal Familly...), hats, suede and satin gloves,beautiful women...
It is so luscious, I have to take care when I put it on because it recquires a nightime and colder weather....the sweetnes of all the fruits is beautiful (have this enormous need to get a bite of a beautiful summer peach),and when it gets to the core of magnolia,rose and heliotrope, you're either in love or not...
Cedar and cardamom gives this scent a woody calmness, and all of a sudden, there's a little apricot or plum lurking in the drydown..
absolute classic and undeniable amazing,golden perfume...very unique...F.de Bois has jack comparing to Dolce Vita:PP
erotic,sexual, very feminine....perfect nightime companion...

5/5

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2011 2:53:00 PM More reviews by LittleSnowflake

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Happy.. happy.. HAPPY! I cant help but smile when i wear this fragrance - it's literally sunshine in a bottle! A sniff of this transports me to a sun-drenched, secluded spot in the south of France, sipping champagne cocktails and laughing softly whilst wearing a feminine full-length sun-dress & wide-brimmed hat, dripping with gold jewellery!
OK.. so my description leaves a lot to be desired, but somehow this scent makes me feel flirty, feminine, relaxed and youthful, yet refined, classy and 'grown-up' all at the same time.
For me this is the perfect scent for summer.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2010 7:10:00 PM More reviews by Couture77

My boyfriend bought this for me 14 years ago after he smelled it in a magazine. I have many, many bottles of perfume of all different types/scents/designers that I use once and never buy again. Dolce Vita however is a staple in my collection. I have been buying it for many years (although discontinued now) and never tire of it. It's classy, rich, elegant and bold. I absolutely love it. Every time I wear it it puts me in a good mood...confident and sexy. Delicious.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2010 2:11:00 AM More reviews by gioja

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I used to wear and love this scent a decade ago, in a particular time of my life. It is one of those scents that have the power of evoking strong emotions so I enjoy wearing it now and again when I am in a certain mood. But beside of personal value this scent is also a masterpiece without similar in its kind. Also Feminité du Bois, its precursor, doesn’t have its broadness of tonalities: maybe its sensuousness but not its radiance and its sweetness. Dolce Vita is bright and joyful, sparkling and luminous, alluring, sensuous and deeply, almost unbearable feminine. It is like a good piece of classic music. The opening is sweet and fruity with plums, bergamots, peaches and apricots but it shows soon its deeper heart made of luscious flowers like magnolia, rose heliotrope and lily, tastefully blended with cinnamon and cardamom. These initial themes go on but only weaker, letting a new, deeper dimension arise: it develops a woody, spicy, powdery, and most intimate scent, with the vanilla, sandalwood, rosewood, and cedar playing the main notes, by now just accompanied by a hint of the initial fruits, spices and flowers. It is not sexy but sensuous. Not erotic but appealing. Not loud but mesmerizing. It is the epitome of subtle seduction. Men seem to love it and to be attracted to this like to any other else. BUT, like for many other oriental scents, the dosage is decisive. Less is more.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2010 7:12:00 AM More reviews by Ethabella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It is way too heavy for me, gives me a headache. Smells a bit powedery for me, which is not too bad just not really my thing. I wish I could get a lighter version to spray on my hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2010 7:19:00 PM More reviews by prettykitty1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

This fragrance is joyful, warm, and sunny, and everything about it suits the whimsical but elegant design of the bottle, not to mention the Dolce Vita name. It feels very life-affirming, and I have found it smells especially nice on warm, windy ways.

Lately, I have sampled fragrances with "hidden" notes like cumin that don't come out of hiding until an hour or two later, at which point I want to scrub my skin clean. An example of that is Annick Goutal Songes, which smelled nice at first but then turned into something like curry powder on my skin. But many hours after applying Dolce Vita, the spiced cinnamon and peach notes still smell sweet and agreeable, with no danger of becoming rank.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No