December 20, 2014 | 875 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - Jumbo Eye Shadow Pencil - Milk

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2014 9:36:00 AM More reviews by Sarahtiel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product (in the shade milk), but not for its intended purpose. On my eyelid, applied as suggested, I find it goes a bit weird and looks quite waxy. Iíve never been much good with eye pencils or crayons however so that may be more about me than the product.

What I find it brilliant for however is as an under-eye corrector/brightener used BENEATH a concealer, though this is probably only good for pale skins. I have really bad dark circles and find this product allows me to use about half the amount of concealer I would otherwise to still get the same coverage, avoiding the make-up overload. It also helps brighten the inner corner of my eye without any weird shimmer (which tends to be very unflattering on me as I have slightly bumpy under-eyes).

The key is in the application. After applying a moisturiser and letting it sink in, I put a very slick primer on my under-eye region (I use The Body Shop Matte It primer but there are loads of similar ones out there). I then immediately apply some of the eye pencil to my ring finger and gently dab it into worst part of my under-eye circles, using very gentle strokes to blend it with the primer. The primer is key here, Iíve tried it with no primer and with the urban decay eye primer potion (which I find good for my eyelids) but it didnít really work, you need something quite slippery to keep it smooth. Also, make sure only to apply it to the worst areas of darkness (for me this is beneath the inner corner of my eye) to avoid reverse panda eyes. It will look a bit weird and ashy at this stage, but then I apply my Collection Lasting Perfection concealer over the top, followed by my mineral powder (Everyday Minerals Matte Base). The whiteness of the eye pencil allows the true colour of the concealer and powder to come through and gives me the best dark circle coverage Iíve ever achieved.

Iíve tried the popular Bobbi Brown Corrector and several illuminating concealers in a similar manner but never got as good a result. In fact I MUCH prefer it to the Bobbi Brown corrector. Used with the right primer this product is easier to apply and not so prone to going cakey or flakey. I only wish that this Jumbo eye pencil came in a very pale peach or pink Ďcorrectorí shade and not white, as it might work even better; in particular I suspect that, in milk, this might not work too well for darker skins.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2014 5:57:00 PM More reviews by keiki300

Dear God I wish I had heard about this long ago. This one product is the thing I can not live without. I use it to highlight under the eye after which I set it with NYX HD Studio powder foundation in Ivory. It looks as good as using MAC's setting powder which is great but expensive and too white. Also great for under the brow. I also use it on the bow of my upper lip for highlight. This is a must have for any makeup gal. Especially if you like that Kim K highlighted make up look.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2014 2:34:00 PM More reviews by englande

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this for putting underneath my eye shadows. I haven't had any problem with creasing, but I use a really thin layer. This helps with keeping the eye shadow colors stick and makes them more rich. It is also nice for the waterline and inner corner to make your eyes pop. I wouldn't say this is a god-send product, but is good for those who like budget makeup.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2014 2:18:00 PM More reviews by sophieeanne

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is really nice for your water line, it opens up the eyes and really helps to make you look more awake and bright. I wouldn't use this as a eye shadow primer because they crease like crazy and it would only make the creasing worse (for creasing I recommend the Maybelline Color Tattoos or the Mac Paint Pots) but for enhancing and making your power eyeshadows more bright and pigmented I think they do a really good job. I recommend this product and would so repurchase.

Retail price- $4.50
Drugstore
Brand-NYX

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2014 11:00:00 PM More reviews by itiselizabeth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Green

I love using this as an eye primer! It brightens my eyes so much and it makes my eyeshadows much more vibrant. If you don't over-apply it, it won't crease. I don't really like it as an eyeliner. It's too big when I apply it to my waterline so it'll get all in my lower lashes which is tacky. Plus, it's too creamy so it doesn't last very long in the waterline.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 11:18:00 AM More reviews by bself

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love popping this in the corners of my eyes. It instantly brightens them and makes my eyes look bigger and more awake. Its worth a try!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/9/2014 11:49:00 PM More reviews by ulfah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this after read some reviews from beauty bloggers. But it didn't work for me. Maybe coz my oily lid, i don't know either.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 11:05:00 AM More reviews by chadias

I was pretty skeptical about this product. I was never so wrong! It definitely lives up to the hype.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2014 1:39:00 AM More reviews by makeupreviews97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE THIS THING! I put it on my lids and it makes a perfect matte base for bright or neutral colours. I also use this as an inner corner highlight which brightens up my face really well! Highly recommend

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2014 10:03:00 AM More reviews by Chikitapchocha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you have oily lids don't bother to get this pencil! It doesn't work