November 28, 2014 | 1962 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Avon - Moisture Therapy Intensive

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2008 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Peaches1027

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I decided to try this based on MUA reviews, and I got it on sale for buy one get one free from avon.com. I didn't like it at first, but I found that I wasn't applying enough of the product. When I apply it with a heavy hand and rub it in well, I can go two or three days without remoisturizing. I really, really love this lotion, and I will buy it again and again. I am not willing to spend a ton of money on keeping my skin soft and moisturized, and thanks to this product I don't have to. Definitely recommend.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2008 9:05:00 AM More reviews by kelaine423

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I also had a problem with this not absorbing into my skin. It left a greasy feel without adding much moisture. I too think it has a faint smell that I really don't like.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2008 12:57:00 PM More reviews by Katharine40

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I buy a bottle of this every year when the weather starts turning cold. It is THE BEST thing I've found for dry winter skin! I agree it does take a bit longer to sink in than some other lotions out there, but it does a better job of moisturizing very dry skin. The price is comparable to a lot of drugstore brands such as Olay, but thanks to Avon's frequent sales, you should be able to get it for less. An excellent product for the money!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2008 1:05:00 PM More reviews by luluhalabaloo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a heavy, old style vaseline-type product. It doesn't sink in well, is sticky and a little too sickeningly sweet for me or my son. I disagree with the othr poster re Elizabeth Atden - it is not the same product whatsoever, period as I use the EA products every day. I applied this stuff to my cuticles but they just are not moisturized. If you want a great moisturizer, try Glaxal Base - not sticky, nice texture sinks in quickly. And for my elbows, I also use EA 8-hour stuff - love it, but not the handcream version.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2008 6:59:00 AM More reviews by iluvboyz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am in love with this. I have the hand cream version. I came across this 3 years ago and this is the only hand cream I use for my dry/cracked hands. When I put this on people can't believe how soft/supple my hands are. Before this, the back of my hands use to get red and itchy looking. Sort of like an extremely dry skin rash. Since I have been using this hand cream I never get that anymore. I just love love this hand cream so very very much. I also have found that it improves the dryness in my hands like the back of my hands are still smooth but I applied my hand cream yesterday. I just purchased 4 tubes for only 79 cents each. I can't believe what a great product for dirt cheap prices. Everyone at work now asks me for hand cream because of my soft hands they want to know what I use. lol.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2008 10:44:00 AM More reviews by avalencia29303

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For all you Elizabeth Arden fans, this is the exact same stuff as the Eight Hour Cream Intensive Moisturizing Hand Treatment, right down to the scent. I have always been a fan of this lotion and one day I recieved Arden's as a freebie in a colletion I purchased. I had heard that it was one of the best so I was excited to get a good sized sample (1 oz.) As soon as I tried it, it felt, smelled and worked the exact same way Avon's did. The only difference was the price and I'd much rather pay 4 dollars for Avon's. This cream does take a couple minutes to sink into your skin but when it does you can feel it for hours. Your hands automatically feel very smooth and soft. It doesn't wear off quickly which is a huge bonus because I work in insurance and have to deal with writing and paperwork all day and I don't have time to keep reapplying lotion and waiting for it to work. I would definitely recommend this to anyone with dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2008 11:30:00 PM More reviews by verolyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Very similar to Neutrogena Norwegian formula handcream - they're both thick creams made mostly of petroleum jelly. Only Avon's is smoother to spread, sinks in a bit better, and has less of a fragrance. It really leaves a protective layer on skin. It's great in cold weather. I like to put some on then slip on gloves. My hands are soft when I get to my destination, and not greasy at all. It's also good for cracked heels. Only a dab is needed. I think I paid 69 cents for a tube, and it lasts forever. The only downside is that it is a greasy/ sticky if you use a lot. But it works as promised. It's a great intense moisture lotion. Edit: 4/5/09 - this one contains oil from orange roughy, an endangered fish. Entire Moisture therapy line uses it. Changed to 'no,' will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2008 4:36:00 PM More reviews by kawaiishinichan

This lotion is pretty good. It is moisturizing, however I don't really like the smell. It's too lotion-y. But other than that it's a really good lotion, lasts for many hours.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2007 1:48:00 AM More reviews by apsalmist

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

Moisture Therapy "Intensive Care" line has body lotion, body cream, and hand cream. This review is for the body cream. I have a couple jars of this. This is something I use in the dead of winter when the furnace heat is up & the air is dry. This cream has no scent, so I put some in my hand and then one of my other scented body lotions that I feel are too strong of a fragrance. I mix them together in my hands and apply. It takes a couple minutes or so to dry. But in the winter I don't mind cause it feels soothing to the skin. I like this better than the lotion, except you have to dip your fingers in the jar. I probably will repurchase so I can use my strong scented body lotions.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2007 8:20:00 PM More reviews by selmf

Moisture Therapy Intensive comes in a tube, which I like a lot. I have been using this product for several years and plan to keep using it. Works great as a lip and cuticle conditoner also. I don't think it has any scent, don't know what one of the other reviews meant.