Ocean Potion Anti-Aging Sunblock SPF 50

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Active Ingredients: Homosalate (10%), Octisalate (5%), Oxybenzone (5%), Avobenzone (2%), Octocrylene (2%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Acrylates Copolymer, Polyisobutene, Diisopropyl Adipate, Propylene Glycol, Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D3), Dimethyl Capramide, Polyester 8, Pyrifera (Kelp) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A Palmitate), Oleo Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Sorbitan Oleate, Acrylates/ C10-30 Alkyl Acrylates Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Iodopropyl Butylcarbamate, Triethanolamine, Fragrance

on 8/15/2011 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

BEST sunscreen on the market. I used this exclusively on a recent trip to Hawaii where I was in the sun for hours and hours and my skin stayed burn-free. It goes on like a creamy lotion, smells like an orange creamsicle and made my skin baby soft. Love, love, love!!

on 7/27/2011 3:36:00 AM

I bought a small bottle of this after the promoter lady was pushing me to get one..and I'm glad she did! I personally love the scent despite others having negative reaction for the smell. I'm not the kinda person that will use sunblock daily and I only put this on my body when I'm on vacation or swimming or going to be under the sun for long period.

I like the way this SB is not drying like my sunplay spf130 that will make my skin cakey with white cast after few hrs of application. I don't get sunburn and my skin remained smooth and moisturised with a glow from using this. Its perfect as a body sunblock but don't think its for facial as its tad too oily..price wise its cheaper than sunplay (sunplay pricetag is much pricier at 30gm compared to this 50gm bottle!) Definitely repurchasing!

on 7/5/2010 11:56:00 AM

I have researched and read so much info on SS over the past 7 months that my head is spinning, trying to find a stable, hi PPD, hi SPF SS that would not interfere w/ my MMU (as in I can't wear SS containing avobenzone due to the ingredients in my MMU) and I CANNOT risk my melasma getting worse. Basically, I discovered I'm limited to European SS and I'm OK w/ that expense for my face - keeping my melasma at bay is worth it.

However, in these economic times, I simply cannot justify spending that kind of $ on a body SS that I will go thru so quickly, and since I don't use MMU on my body, avobenzone is OK.

I tried VERY hard to find a ds SS w/out oxybenzone and retinyl palmitate (google these for info), but what I discovered I was limited to was either less than spf 50 or turned me completely white (Coppertone Water Babies Pure & Simple spf 50 or Coppertone Sensitive Skin spf 50 = identical ingredients btw) and it took a LONG time for the stuff to sink in, leaving a white cast until it finally does. NOTE - I do recommend both those SS and I do use them on my child - I just don't have that kind of time in the mornings for me.

I finally read all the reviews about this product and yes, even tho it contains oxybenzone and retinyl palmitate, I decided that unless I wanted to spend $$ on Elta MD or other similar very nice, but hi end product, this seemed to be woth a shot.

Fast foward a month later - LOVE that my Walmart carries it!! Its inexpensive $7 + change for a 8 fl oz tube. According to the tube, it contains Vitamin D3, is water/sweat resistant (it is) and has anti-aging /skin nourishing ingredients. I'm no chemist, so just stating what the tube says. I did post the ingredients at the top of the product page.

It is effective and doesn't have any octionoxate to destabilize the avobenzone. I wore it and was in the sun all day on multiple days (I did re-apply after 4 hours just in case and wasn't in any water) = no color! I have no idea what the PPD is (probably low), but for my body and wallet, this works for me (at least until I can find something with an equally nice finish, a higher PPD and not a lot of $ - any recommendations appreciated.) :)

It sinks in w/in 45 seconds - 1 minute, no whiteness left behind, doubles nicely as my body moisturizer w/ a light, fruity, creamcicle fragrance that dissipates quickly.

1 lippie off for the oxybenzone - am waiting to see addtl info about retinyl palmitate. If anyone knows the PPD, please pm me and I'd be happy to include.

Bottom line - love this, but am concerned about 2 of the ingredients, so will continue reading and if it turns out that the retinyl palmitate is indeed a bad idea in SS, will have to begin my search for the perfect SS again...

06/01/11 UPDATE - per sunscreen simulator, PPD = 7.4 :)

on 4/17/2009 4:05:00 PM

my hg sunblock b/c it smells so amazing, and it works. i should use sunblock b/c i burn so easily, but i never would. until i found this stuff, and i look for every excuse to wear it b/c is smells amazing. i know the bottle does not have an exp. date, but if you email the company with the code stamped on the bottle they will tell u when its good until :) <3<3<3 this stuff!!!

This sunblock smells really good, is a high SPF, and has anti-aging stuff in it, so its really awesome. The only downside is that your skin feels oily after you put it on, and the oily feeling never really goes completely away. Besides that, its a great sunscreen.

on 7/28/2008 4:55:00 PM

I usually wear this on my body. In fact, I wear it every day on my arms here in Southern California. I can occasionally wear it on my face, but the avobenzone (in all sunscreens, not just OP) irritates my rosacea. I'll wear it on my face if I'll be sweating for significant periods in the sun--it does not run into my eyes, which is huge.

This is good stuff--it stays on and it actually blocks UVA rays as well as UVB rays due to the presence of avobenzone. It also has antioxidants, which I love because they're supposed to boost sunscreens' ability to prevent sun damage. It's also reasonably priced, which means I won't worry about using enough.

I'm fine with the smell, but I prefer their baby formulation, which is harder to find but which is unscented.

on 7/20/2008 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

I started using Ocean Potion 6 years ago -- but only in the SPF 30/ Face Potion 45 and they are relatively hard to find in Southern California. Well, now that Walmart is carrying Ocean Potion -- I got my 1st bottle of SPF 50 about 1.5 years ago -- and have NEVER been without it :) I love the SPF 50 anti-aging sunblock. I use it as my daytime moisturizer/SPF -- and it's perfect ! :) Highly recommended !

Yes! I have finally found Ocean Potion. After reading the reviews on MUA I really wanted to try this sunblock but for some reason they are not widely available in San Diego! I finally got my hands on this one...and I am so happy with the results! Ocean Potion smells so good. I hate the smell of sunblock with other brands. It's packaging in a purple bottle is also very cute. And SPF 50?! Can't get any better than this.

on 6/1/2008 7:41:00 PM

I use this on my face almost everyday. It is greasy, but I like the smell and it's light.

on 3/18/2008 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I love this sunscreen! It's cheap and it works very well.
It goes on really smooth (it feels like a regular moisturizer) , not thick like a lot of other moisturizers. What I like the most about this sunscreen is that it soaks into my skin really fast and it doesn't feel/look greasy.
Also, It smells very orange-y but I think it smells good.
This is the best sunscreen I've used.

Top Rated Ocean Potion Products