October 24, 2014 | 1529 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Colourings Lip Scuff

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2010 7:07:00 AM More reviews by jenn213

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this stuff. It keeps my lips soft and feels good going on.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2010 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Utopia22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product does not do much for me... I know it's supposed to exfoliate, and I rubb it in but it only makes my chapped lips look more chapped. It does not help in curing my troubled lips.

I think sugar with oil or honey will do the same for your lips, and much cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2010 3:18:00 PM More reviews by CosmoNatasha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just bought the LipScuff recently...Have been using it for about two weeks...It seems to work great so far...I think the trick, sometimes, is to not over-exfoliate...As many have already posted, this is NOT a lip treatment or a gloss or a balm - Its an exfoliator and should be used as one. I recommend using some kind of softening treatment before or after - And dont dampen the lips with water as this product is not water soluble (so it may turn to gunk if you put water over or under it)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2010 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Welshcake

I can't understand the poor revs on this. I am dying to get my hands on some again!!! There used to be even more bits in which I preferred, but there is not so much any more. It gets rid of my gross flaky bits and leaves a lovely soothing style balm on which absorbs beautifully and gives me the loveliest lips. MWAH!!!! I want it right now please!! Right now.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2010 4:28:00 AM More reviews by kl87

This product works wonders! I am suprised too on the negative results. I apply a light coat on my lips and then move it with my finger or a tissue to help exfoliate the rough skin away.. I wipe it off with a tissue and it leaves my lips feeling nice and smooth. I usually apply a lip treatment afterwards like Softlips or Papaw ointment - although you don't have to do that. Will definately repurchase, haven't found anything else that works as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2009 10:50:00 PM More reviews by myolderbrother

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Adore this product. Delivers better than any other product I've used with same treatment purpose and costs less. Every tube I've ever bought has ended up - right away - with the product broken off and stuck to the top, like what happens to your first tube of ipstick. Don't know how that keeps occurring but that's the only flaw as far as I'm concerned.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2009 7:55:00 AM More reviews by greyed

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was surprised about all the negative reviews, cause this works wonders on my chapped lips.

I agree, it's harsh, but I'm tired of 'soft' and 'gentle' products that never do the job. I suggest not scrubbing away on dry lips until you get some result - that would probably lead to bleeding. My method is starting with the lip scuff for a few seconds until it leaves some residue on the lips and finish the scrubbing with fingers as you would with a liquid scrub. Also, using a lip balm before or after is a good idea, though not a necessity.

I didn't have any problems removing it, I swipe it off with fingers. The waxy part didn't feel bad on my dry lips, it's somewhat moisturizing (still, a lip balm afterwords is a good idea), it's consistency is very thick, but it sinks in quite well.

The smell is minty and not too strong. The way I use it, it will probably last for a while. If you use it for continuous scrubbing, probably not so much, plus it leaves too much residue on the lips that way.

Hope this helps.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2008 4:29:00 AM More reviews by Loletta_Mich

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Applying Lipscuff on my lips is like applying one of those oil-based crayons on my lips. The gunk is thick and the exfoliators doesn't scrub off the dry flakes off my lips. In fact, it only made the flakes became more prominent becos' the flakes just stood out, but not off. The price isn't cheap either and thank goodness this came free for me as a gift from a friend.

But the most pet peeve of all is having to wash off the gunk and residue off my lips. Like oil-based crayons, it takes alot of effort to wipe or wash off the Lipscuff.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2007 2:01:00 AM More reviews by theminx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm surprised by the negative reviews of this product because it really works for me & I've already repurchased, and I'm not even a fan of The Body Shop products in general. This lip exfoliator is packaged lipstick-style in a matte black tube - just twist up and apply the product to damp lips in small circular motions. I don't find the granules too harsh at all. I tissue off the residue and rinse with water. Leaves lips smooth and soft. Great stuff.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2007 1:47:00 PM More reviews by gforce7

Rubbish - the exfoliating particles are far too big and only suceed in increasing the size of the flakes on my lips! I also found it quite difficult to remove the green sticky mess from my lips after treatment (wipe with tissue... wipe...wipe, oh, still some more...wipe... etc) I much prefer Blistex Lip Revitalizer to this.