October 2, 2014 | 918 users online

Bronzers - BeneFit Cosmetics - Jiffy Tan [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2009 11:19:00 AM More reviews by misscurlylocks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am more a lover of fake tans that last for a couple of days rather than wash off ones. However this benefit in a jiffy leg tint is great. It really gives you a bronzed caramel tan in minutes. My legs have a natural glow (and my arms and decollegtage, cos I use it there I mean dont want to look miss matched do I?)
    Anyhow whats improtant is as the legs are a biggercanvas the colour really needs to look natural and non-patchy. That is what I have- streak free legs that actually look good and I am not a fan of my legs but I feel like Benenfits in a jiffy ha given me new ones.

I jump in the bath, exfoilate and then shower off with a mostirising shower gel so my skin gets moisture without applying mositursier. I then towel dry and make sure my skin is dry and then I slap on a dollap and rub it in and maybe a little bit more. The trick it to rub it in asap. You must ensure that in the showeer you have slughed away all the dead skin cells by exfoliating with a beady shower gel or a rough skin pad so that skin doesnt shed when you apply this benefit leg tint.

On me I do often top it up with another application and it just looks so natural and apparently it is suppose to fight cellulite - hmmmm well thankfully I have none but it does give a nice tan and a mostiruse boost too so no need to moisturise. In five minutes its totally dry - remember do not get your legs wet or it will go streaky.
    After it has dried whack on your gear and get out on the tiles.

Bonus - it smells of lemons and limes not stale digestive biscuits.
    If it goes on wrong - it wahses off quickly and you can apply again.
    If your legs are dry - just add a little mosituriser so it goes on a little quicker.
    Pretty bottle and although its costly its great for that special night out!
    Worth it as a treat.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2009 2:00:00 AM More reviews by xBrunetteBarbie

so, first off, this product is *not* a self-tanner...its a liquid-like (consistency like your typical lotion) bronzer for your body. it gives instant color upon application and washes off with soap and water.

personally, my pros were:

loved the little silvery sparkles that gave me a nice (not over the top) glow to my bod.

didnt break me out

did indeed wash off with soap and water-even the really concentrated stuff which was on my hands from rubbing it on

the cons:

smelled gross...something like plastic or...clay?

streaked like mad-even with careful blending...and if you ended up trying to blend to much, the product would scrape up into little balls on the skin

the color was not anywhere close to being natural. it was either muddy or orangey...no happy medium

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2008 1:46:00 PM More reviews by Sour

I just bought Jiffy Tan today and, based on the majority of positive reviews on here, I couldn’t wait to try it! The consistency is just like any other normal cream, which is nice. My skin tone is somewhere between olive and medium and this tan totally rocked on me! It really gave me that deep J.Lo kinda glow :p Oh… and this is my first tanner, and its very easy to use and I would recommend it for other people who want to give this whole fake tan thing a try.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2008 8:10:00 AM More reviews by whirled

Do not get turned off by the dark orangey brown color when it comes straight off the tube. Once applied on your skin, it spreads out nicely with a hint of shimmer (but not the sparkly obviously fake kind). JT absorbs rather quickly so application has to be quick for an even application. If you want a darker "fake tan" just apply another coat after the first coat has dried up thoroughly. It makes my pale skin look healthier, but this will definitely not give you the kind of tan you get from a trip to Hawaii for sure. Washes off easily with soap and water. It has a slight fragrance to it but I definitely prefer this over Stila's Sun Shimmer Dry Oil anytime. The smell from Stila lingers throughout the day and smells "burnt", whereas this smells sweet but fades after an hour or two. Plus, Stila's sparkles are a bit too much and too obvious for daytime use.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2008 8:59:00 AM More reviews by foreverxsummer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Meh. I am disappointed by this. I agree with a previous reviewer saying this is «makeup for the body». I'm a little tan naturally, but I tried this anyways. The only positive thing about this product are the cute sparkles. But it did not do anything more for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2008 5:00:00 PM More reviews by shoeho

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

In general, I really like this product. I've been using it on my lower legs and arms for several days, and it really makes my pale skin look a little more alive.

No, it's not going to make you look like you spent three months in the Islands, but for those of us who are fishbelly pale and for one reason or another don't/can't tan, it's the best out there in my opinion.

I can't use self tanner (allergic) so this is my only recourse other than the "real" thing, and I won't do that.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2008 6:01:00 PM More reviews by arualx

My friend gave me a sample of Jiffy Tan, and I tried it today. It has a pleasant smell, and does not feel sticky when applied. I let it "dry" a bit just because I didn't want to get it on my white clothes. It has a bit of a shimmer, which is nice. Now, hours later, it doesn't even feel like I applied anything and I have a nice glow. I wish it was a self-tanner, but it's just a makeup.

PS Don't be alarmed at how dark it is when it comes out (I was!) because it blends in nicely. A little goes a long way.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/30/2008 1:12:00 AM More reviews by Live4Beauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh how everyone raved about this. I thought it was terrible. It did not give a natural color at all. My legs aren't always tan but I can tan and just wanted something while working on my tan. I thought not only did it smell weird, but if you tried to put some regular lotion under it or on top of it, the jiffy tan "pills" and that's the only way I know how to explain it. It was overpriced, and although I love most all my Benefit products, this one just didn't cut it. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2008 5:56:00 PM More reviews by emmao613

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVED this product! I naturally have a fair but yellowish/olive skintone, and since this is a more orangey color (although we're not talking oompa loompa here, it was very believable for my skin tone) it worked very well for me. It comes in something that resembles a large toothpaste tube which actually serves to be a very clean applier. I got it because although I used to go tanning, I decided I wanted to get a tan in a healthier way, but normally self tanners scare me because you can't tell if you streak right away -- you normally have to wait 3-4 hours for it to develop and THEN see your mistakes. However, with Jiffy Tan, I was tan the moment the lotion hit my skin! It does make your palms orange, so just be sure to wash your hands as soon as your done and it will take it right off. The thing I liked most about Jiffy Tan was that if I want to go darker than 1 application of it, I just have to wait 30 seconds for it to dry and then I apply another coat. What I normally do is apply one coat of it all over my body (I haven't used it on my face just because cream-based products usually break me out, but if you are able to I would defintely use it on my face) and then wait a moment for it to dry (literally seconds) and apply another if I need to! Another bonus about this product is that as you apply it, if you see a streak, you simply just rub it in and it fades away! I definitely reccomend this product for anyone who has that naturally yellow skin tone, because it works very well for us.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2007 9:46:00 AM More reviews by JudgeJudy41

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I agree with the previous member, that this is not a self tanner. Its more like makeup for the body. I wasn't impressed, but it didn't cost me anything, because it came GWP ( Benefits Some Kind of Gorgeous ) purchase. There was enough to do my legs, but it streaked like a self tanner would. It is tricky to apply and takes patience, like a self tanner. One hop into the shower and it was gone. Since I didn't pay full price, I can't complain too much. I'm still going back to the HSN tan towels!