July 28, 2014 | 1230 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Powerpoint - Duck

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2010 8:04:00 AM More reviews by malabu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A very good alternative to black and perfect for daytime. It fits my fair skin and blue eyes very well, not too harsh, but still powerful enough. No red undertones that makes me look tired and weird, this often happens with browns. Doesn't smudge! Blendable. Sometimes a little hard for me to apply on upper lashes, hard to get in between the roots of the lashes without torturing them, but generally I'm satisfied.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2010 9:30:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

Probably my favorite and most used Powerpoint by MAC. I just bought another one this past weekend; but mostly because from sharpening it so much, the "lead" somehow became loose and the whole thing just slid out of the pencil. (So much for the packaging... took points off under "Packaging Quality" for that.) But despite the manufacturing defect, I love the color of Duck (taupe-gray), I love its softness (no tugging) and ease of application, and I love wearing it on my lower lashline. I love how the line lasts on me all day, and I love that it is not too harsh of a color for daytime-- or on my 45+ year-old eyes. Have repurchased and will do so again when necessary. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2010 6:39:00 PM More reviews by Marella

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have tried sooo many eyeliners, and they all smudge on me. Except for this one. I use it every single time I wear liner on both the upper lid and partway of the waterline. I am very fair and cannot wear black and so many liners no matter what shade they purport to be are so dark that on me they might as well be black because they show up that way anyway. Even some liners that might be lighter on other folks tend to look dark on me. Not Duck. It is as dark as I would ever want to go and practically idiot proof which I love as I am not the most talented when it comes to eyeliner. Honestly, I'd moved away from pencil liners which I didn't have much luck with to the gels, trying to find something that would not smear, but they tend to be a pain to apply sometimes and need a brush and were no better than this pencil liner. Well I'm a convert again to pencils. This is the best eyeliner. I can get a fairly fine precise line right after sharpening if I want or a more chunky line. It all works and without making me look like I should be standing on a street corner or in the circus as most darker eyeliners do. And for a huge plus, there isn't any red in it. Anything with any red at all makes my eyes look bloodshot or as if I have pinkeye. So it is an easy to use, is a true dark brown without red, stays where I put it, and defines my eyes in whatever manner I choose. Can't really ask for more in an eyeliner. I'm down to a stub of a pencil and will certainly buy again.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2010 8:25:00 PM More reviews by tomoyopop

Great eyeliner! Seems like everyone else agrees, according to the 88% rating! It's the perfect daytime eyeliner for me; subtly sexy and it's great for dark brown eyes! Stays well, too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2010 6:55:00 PM More reviews by LHANEMANN

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you are looking for a very striking brown color, I think Duck is not what you are looking for. Itīs a matte cool brown pencil, dark but not too dark. It doesnīt sound exciting but it is exactly what I needed.
Brown eyeliners frequently have some red in them, whick make my eyes look irritated, sore and tired. But it doesnīt happen with Duck, because it is a greysh brown, not a reddish brown.
It defines my eyes and itīs not harsh, itīs perfect for daytime. I also love that it doesnīt irritate my eyes.
I bought it during summer, and it was smudging too much (my Forever Green Powerpoint doesnīt smudge even during summer), which disapointed me a little, but now it is cold I can line my bottom lashline and it lasts for about eight hours, then it will fade and smudge a little.
I have to use my MAC sharpener with my Powerpoints, if I use a common one I can damage the pencil and the sharpener.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2009 4:34:00 PM More reviews by brandyalexander

This is PERFECT! I was looking for a liner that goes on smooth, stays put, and is noticable but not dramatic. I'm very fair so when I wear black liner its super niticable and I feel like it makes my eyes look itsy bitsy. This liner is great for my skin tone and it doesn't smudge. I will repurchase for sure!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2009 3:05:00 AM More reviews by fionam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in a swap and LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT.

This eyeliner definitely stays put but not on the waterline. I have fair skin (NC30), so when I wear black eyeliner, it looks too dramatic. It is the perfect colour for an everyday use. It is a cross between black-brown-grey.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2009 12:31:00 PM More reviews by jaden08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I looooove this color. I use to line my eyes with brun eyeshadow by mac but got tired of that bc i wanted a pencil instead of a shadow. Brun and duck are basically the same color and i will be buying this as soon as i am about to run out. I dont particulary care for black eyeliner as i feel it is to harsh for my waterline especially in the daytime when im tired and need to look awake. This is subtle enough to look natural and provide the definition im looking for, for my chinky eyes. Highly recommend- im nc45 for reference.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2009 9:50:00 PM More reviews by helenexox

I love the powerpoint pencils. but this one specifically, duck, is just too light and fades away quickly. I've been looking for a harsher, deeper brown since.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2009 6:27:00 AM More reviews by formerfatty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a darker brown but with cool undertones (maybe some grey)?
I have cool colouring and this a great brown for me, as it's not warm hued. I use only dark brown or brown/black mascara and this is the perfect compliment for a natural look. It glides on and stays put until you come to remove it. I will buy this over and over again.