September 19, 2014 | 1298 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Total Face Brush

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2014 11:25:00 PM More reviews by niamreg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

With this brush, you definitely get what you pay for. It works as well as you'd expect from a $1 brush--gets the job done in a bind but really isn't any good. It is very scratchy and does hurt your face when you use it. You're much better off paying an extra $2 for a brush in their studio line.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2014 6:25:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

Because this brush only costs $1, there really is no way to go wrong. I purchased this to replace my Eco Tools face brush. I'm a firm believer in 'you get what you pay for' in most cases. This is one of them. It's a cheap, scratchy brush you'd get from the dollar store. ELF is hit or miss for me. I'll get around to replacing this eventually, but have been using it for a months in the mean time. Face brushes are not something I feel is needed to spend a lot of money on. I'd prefer to save my money for a kabuki, foundation, and/or some eye brushes. I have one other ELF brush (eyeshadow) that I really love. For the most part, I am not a huge fan of ELF stuff. I know people love it, and every so often they do a great job on a product here and there, This isn't one of them! Skip.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/4/2014 7:35:00 PM More reviews by PaleInComparison

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this and a bunch of other brushes from the essential and studio lines. This was supposed to be a gift but there is no way I'd give this to someone, it's exactly like those brushes from cheap giftsets that are worthless. Save your money and buy the studio one instead!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2014 2:48:00 PM More reviews by britbratg

Honestly so scratchy! Sometimes it actually kind of hurts...but it does get the job done i guess. But it's not very soft so it doesn't blend very well.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2014 11:37:00 PM More reviews by stephlens

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this brush and I've used it a few times within the first week. After washing the brush with water and a little bit of detergent/olive oil, there was the strangest, weirdest, grossest smell after it dried! I wondered if it was a flaw of my washing but my other brushes smelt fine. So that really really really made me dislike the product. It does shed a little and gets frizzy when drying (but only when I didn't use my brush guard the first time). Of course, the price does match the quality, but I highly recommend buying the black handle ELF products (only a small $ more) rather than the white handle. (Sadly I bought this product in the Philippines were it costs a lot more (~300php) so I really found it wasteful.)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2014 8:40:00 PM More reviews by ajb426

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I do not recommend this brush, even though it's only $1. It's very scratchy and does not wash well at all - it becomes frizzy. I think I'm going to try the Studio line for a powder brush.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2013 1:15:00 PM More reviews by carrrly321

Would not recommend. Bought this set of brushes not even a year ago just as something inexpensive to use. This brush is scratchy on my face and started shedding after the first time I cleaned it

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2013 7:07:00 AM More reviews by zurbaby

This thing is awful.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2013 10:18:00 AM More reviews by poppycherie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have tried elf brushes that really worked for me. Unfortunately, I didn't experience that with this brush.

It's not a very big brush, definitely smaller than most brushes that are meant for the entire face. The bristles shine under light, which highlights how synthetic they are. The handle fits pretty nicely into my palm.

The brush is very rough on my skin. It actually hurts for me to use it. It also leaves scratches in my powder foundation (I use ZA 2-way) as well as blusher palette. It does pick up product, but it appears to irritate my skin. I tried washing the brush once because it smells very strongly of any product I use it for. The brush also sheds ALOT.

This brush is more expensive in Singapore, I got it for SGD$4.90 and I'm sure i'll never be getting it again! :(

Hope this helps :)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2013 6:35:00 PM More reviews by JadoreNelle

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Awful brush. Worst I have ever used. E.L.F. has some good cheap brushes, this just isnt one of them. It was very rough on my skin and matted while cleaning. Despite repeated cleanings a chemical smell was still very present on the brush. The scent just wouldnt go away. Avoid this one like the plague. Try Sonia Kashuk brushes. I have a face brush from her line thats over 10 years old and still washes up like new.