April 19, 2014 | 1797 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Total Face Brush

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2013 1:15:00 PM More reviews by carrrly321

Would not recommend. Bought this set of brushes not even a year ago just as something inexpensive to use. This brush is scratchy on my face and started shedding after the first time I cleaned it

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2013 7:07:00 AM More reviews by zurbaby

This thing is awful.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2013 10:18:00 AM More reviews by poppycherie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have tried elf brushes that really worked for me. Unfortunately, I didn't experience that with this brush.

It's not a very big brush, definitely smaller than most brushes that are meant for the entire face. The bristles shine under light, which highlights how synthetic they are. The handle fits pretty nicely into my palm.

The brush is very rough on my skin. It actually hurts for me to use it. It also leaves scratches in my powder foundation (I use ZA 2-way) as well as blusher palette. It does pick up product, but it appears to irritate my skin. I tried washing the brush once because it smells very strongly of any product I use it for. The brush also sheds ALOT.

This brush is more expensive in Singapore, I got it for SGD$4.90 and I'm sure i'll never be getting it again! :(

Hope this helps :)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2013 6:35:00 PM More reviews by JadoreNelle

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Awful brush. Worst I have ever used. E.L.F. has some good cheap brushes, this just isnt one of them. It was very rough on my skin and matted while cleaning. Despite repeated cleanings a chemical smell was still very present on the brush. The scent just wouldnt go away. Avoid this one like the plague. Try Sonia Kashuk brushes. I have a face brush from her line thats over 10 years old and still washes up like new.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2013 6:31:00 PM More reviews by simidearest

this was horrible the bristles arent soft at all it scratches your face when you use it! dont buy it

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2013 1:22:00 PM More reviews by sarahmedeiros

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Just don't waste your $3.00 on this cheap quality piece of garbage and buy their studio face brush. Only $3.00 more, usually goes on sale, and is amazingggg quality. This brush has thick, coarse bristles that attack your face and pinch, and it also sheds like crazy. Horrible application of powder, takes up too much product and leaves swipe marks. I received it free with my $50.00 purchase, but luckily also ordered the studio powder brush which is perfect perfect perfect. Even though it was free, not worth it. Will never use, gave it to my sister to use since she's in middle school and barely uses makeup anyways.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2013 12:55:00 AM More reviews by hayleyelwick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This brush is basically a dog.

You see it on the shelf, and its barking "Look at me! I'm only a dollar! Buy me!!"

It isn't the prettiest brush, it's basically a mutt, but it's so darn affordable you just can't pass it up!

BUT THEN.

You take it home, and just like a dog, IT STARTS SHEDDING LIKE IT HAS SOME SORT OF EXTREME SHEDDING MUTATION.

So then you're annoyed, but you think it may just be because it's not broken in. So you continue using it, but it is very prickly...and it gradually becomes more painful until...

IT'S ATTACKING YOUR FACE EVERY MORNING.

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT.

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by staceymercer17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

Cheap brush but I don't like it. The texture isn't nice and it fell apart on me. I wouldn't repurchase this.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/2/2013 12:16:00 PM More reviews by texasbeautyaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been using this brush for a long time because I am stubborn and don't know any better, haha.

The brush is scratchy, the bristles shed, and the brush has detached from the stem of the brush itself. This happened within the first three weeks of owning the brush I've probably had it close to a year). I paid a dollar, so I expected a dollar product. I've been eyeballing the Ecotools brushes here on MuA and I may finally go buy one as this brush has seen better days.

I do not use this for blending foundation or BB cream. While it does blend them well, because of how scratchy the bristles are the experience of blending is entirely uncomfortable and requires far too much effort.

I did not want to give up on this brush (for some reason). I now use it to apply bronzer. I put the bronzer on the brush, and in the "3" motion lightly apply it to my face. I say lightly because 1) I don't like to be orange and 2) because the bristles are unpleasant. For that, it works well because I have never applied too much bronzer. There are other brushes out there that do a better job, and I am certainly going to go purchase one of those when I get the chance. However, if you are stuck with this brush, it does work well for that. It is also decent at applying a light blush.

Honestly, if you're desperate, on an incredibly TIGHT budget, and don't have sensitive skin...buy this brush. Otherwise, look towards other brushes, or even other ELF brushes from their new higher quality line (which actually work rather well).

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2013 1:07:00 AM More reviews by Cr3m3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this brush is very rough and scratchy to be total face brush. do bont brush it over your face just dont. I just use to to sweep highlighter under my eyes and I have to be very careful to just gently sweep it using the side of the brush.