July 28, 2014 | 2304 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Total Face Brush

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2014 2:48:00 PM More reviews by britbratg

Honestly so scratchy! Sometimes it actually kind of hurts...but it does get the job done i guess. But it's not very soft so it doesn't blend very well.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2014 11:37:00 PM More reviews by stephlens

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this brush and I've used it a few times within the first week. After washing the brush with water and a little bit of detergent/olive oil, there was the strangest, weirdest, grossest smell after it dried! I wondered if it was a flaw of my washing but my other brushes smelt fine. So that really really really made me dislike the product. It does shed a little and gets frizzy when drying (but only when I didn't use my brush guard the first time). Of course, the price does match the quality, but I highly recommend buying the black handle ELF products (only a small $ more) rather than the white handle. (Sadly I bought this product in the Philippines were it costs a lot more (~300php) so I really found it wasteful.)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2014 8:40:00 PM More reviews by ajb426

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I do not recommend this brush, even though it's only $1. It's very scratchy and does not wash well at all - it becomes frizzy. I think I'm going to try the Studio line for a powder brush.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2013 1:15:00 PM More reviews by carrrly321

Would not recommend. Bought this set of brushes not even a year ago just as something inexpensive to use. This brush is scratchy on my face and started shedding after the first time I cleaned it

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2013 7:07:00 AM More reviews by zurbaby

This thing is awful.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2013 10:18:00 AM More reviews by poppycherie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have tried elf brushes that really worked for me. Unfortunately, I didn't experience that with this brush.

It's not a very big brush, definitely smaller than most brushes that are meant for the entire face. The bristles shine under light, which highlights how synthetic they are. The handle fits pretty nicely into my palm.

The brush is very rough on my skin. It actually hurts for me to use it. It also leaves scratches in my powder foundation (I use ZA 2-way) as well as blusher palette. It does pick up product, but it appears to irritate my skin. I tried washing the brush once because it smells very strongly of any product I use it for. The brush also sheds ALOT.

This brush is more expensive in Singapore, I got it for SGD$4.90 and I'm sure i'll never be getting it again! :(

Hope this helps :)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2013 6:35:00 PM More reviews by JadoreNelle

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Awful brush. Worst I have ever used. E.L.F. has some good cheap brushes, this just isnt one of them. It was very rough on my skin and matted while cleaning. Despite repeated cleanings a chemical smell was still very present on the brush. The scent just wouldnt go away. Avoid this one like the plague. Try Sonia Kashuk brushes. I have a face brush from her line thats over 10 years old and still washes up like new.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2013 6:31:00 PM More reviews by simidearest

this was horrible the bristles arent soft at all it scratches your face when you use it! dont buy it

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2013 1:22:00 PM More reviews by sarahmedeiros

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Just don't waste your $3.00 on this cheap quality piece of garbage and buy their studio face brush. Only $3.00 more, usually goes on sale, and is amazingggg quality. This brush has thick, coarse bristles that attack your face and pinch, and it also sheds like crazy. Horrible application of powder, takes up too much product and leaves swipe marks. I received it free with my $50.00 purchase, but luckily also ordered the studio powder brush which is perfect perfect perfect. Even though it was free, not worth it. Will never use, gave it to my sister to use since she's in middle school and barely uses makeup anyways.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2013 12:55:00 AM More reviews by hayleyelwick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This brush is basically a dog.

You see it on the shelf, and its barking "Look at me! I'm only a dollar! Buy me!!"

It isn't the prettiest brush, it's basically a mutt, but it's so darn affordable you just can't pass it up!

BUT THEN.

You take it home, and just like a dog, IT STARTS SHEDDING LIKE IT HAS SOME SORT OF EXTREME SHEDDING MUTATION.

So then you're annoyed, but you think it may just be because it's not broken in. So you continue using it, but it is very prickly...and it gradually becomes more painful until...

IT'S ATTACKING YOUR FACE EVERY MORNING.

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT.