October 25, 2014 | 1742 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Total Face Brush

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2014 1:46:00 AM More reviews by kmarie161

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately, this brush isn't the best. The bristles come out easily and are very obviously synthetic (in the way they feel, look, and smell.) I attempted to apply a powder product all over my face with this brush. NOT a good idea. It feels uncomfortable and a little scratchy. I tried to buff in some foundation with this brush and it shedded and left brush marks so I had to go over again with my hands. Thing is, this brush is only a dollar so if you still want to try it, wont be a big loss. If you do try it and it works for you, then you've got yourself a great deal! If it doesn't work for you, then you can let it sit in your makeup bag and just have it to make your brush collection look bigger, like I do.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2014 11:25:00 PM More reviews by niamreg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

With this brush, you definitely get what you pay for. It works as well as you'd expect from a $1 brush--gets the job done in a bind but really isn't any good. It is very scratchy and does hurt your face when you use it. You're much better off paying an extra $2 for a brush in their studio line.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2014 6:25:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

Because this brush only costs $1, there really is no way to go wrong. I purchased this to replace my Eco Tools face brush. I'm a firm believer in 'you get what you pay for' in most cases. This is one of them. It's a cheap, scratchy brush you'd get from the dollar store. ELF is hit or miss for me. I'll get around to replacing this eventually, but have been using it for a months in the mean time. Face brushes are not something I feel is needed to spend a lot of money on. I'd prefer to save my money for a kabuki, foundation, and/or some eye brushes. I have one other ELF brush (eyeshadow) that I really love. For the most part, I am not a huge fan of ELF stuff. I know people love it, and every so often they do a great job on a product here and there, This isn't one of them! Skip.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/4/2014 7:35:00 PM More reviews by PaleInComparison

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this and a bunch of other brushes from the essential and studio lines. This was supposed to be a gift but there is no way I'd give this to someone, it's exactly like those brushes from cheap giftsets that are worthless. Save your money and buy the studio one instead!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2014 2:48:00 PM More reviews by britbratg

Honestly so scratchy! Sometimes it actually kind of hurts...but it does get the job done i guess. But it's not very soft so it doesn't blend very well.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2014 11:37:00 PM More reviews by stephlens

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this brush and I've used it a few times within the first week. After washing the brush with water and a little bit of detergent/olive oil, there was the strangest, weirdest, grossest smell after it dried! I wondered if it was a flaw of my washing but my other brushes smelt fine. So that really really really made me dislike the product. It does shed a little and gets frizzy when drying (but only when I didn't use my brush guard the first time). Of course, the price does match the quality, but I highly recommend buying the black handle ELF products (only a small $ more) rather than the white handle. (Sadly I bought this product in the Philippines were it costs a lot more (~300php) so I really found it wasteful.)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2014 8:40:00 PM More reviews by ajb426

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I do not recommend this brush, even though it's only $1. It's very scratchy and does not wash well at all - it becomes frizzy. I think I'm going to try the Studio line for a powder brush.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2013 1:15:00 PM More reviews by carrrly321

Would not recommend. Bought this set of brushes not even a year ago just as something inexpensive to use. This brush is scratchy on my face and started shedding after the first time I cleaned it

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2013 7:07:00 AM More reviews by zurbaby

This thing is awful.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2013 10:18:00 AM More reviews by poppycherie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have tried elf brushes that really worked for me. Unfortunately, I didn't experience that with this brush.

It's not a very big brush, definitely smaller than most brushes that are meant for the entire face. The bristles shine under light, which highlights how synthetic they are. The handle fits pretty nicely into my palm.

The brush is very rough on my skin. It actually hurts for me to use it. It also leaves scratches in my powder foundation (I use ZA 2-way) as well as blusher palette. It does pick up product, but it appears to irritate my skin. I tried washing the brush once because it smells very strongly of any product I use it for. The brush also sheds ALOT.

This brush is more expensive in Singapore, I got it for SGD$4.90 and I'm sure i'll never be getting it again! :(

Hope this helps :)