Mary Kay Microdermabrasion Kit

4.3

on 11/12/2012 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I love this kit. I have sensitive acne prone skin and exfoliating with other products left my skin super sensitive and later lead to a break out. This is very gentle. I use this after I have removed all my makeup and cleansed by skin. I then leave my face moist and massage gently in circles all over my face. I use this once a week - depending on how my skin feels I may use it twice but I try not to overdo it with exfoliating. After washing this out I apply step 2 Timewise Replenishing Serum and when its dry I will apply my usual moisturiser.

I have fair, acne prone combination skin, so I am always exfolliating my skin. I have tried a number of microdermabrasion kits, and this one is really worth trying. Its gentle, and really improved the texture of my skin. I use it about twice a week. It has not made me break out, and I've actually noticed an overall improvement to my skin. I havent even gotten my monthly hormone breakouts around my mouth since I started using this product. Its a little pricey at $55, but it does last awhile and I will definitely keep this product in my arsenal.

on 9/19/2012 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I ordered a travelpackage just to try out and so far I LOVE this stuff!

Step 1: Not comparable to facial scrubs I have used. It really is MICROdermabrasion without hurting or irritating the skin. The grit is very fine and gentle. No scent and it feels really good massaging my skin with it!

Step 2:
The replenish part also feels very good. The light lotion feels like a serum, it has no scent and is almost immediately absorbed by my skin. After the replenish part I do have to use my own moisturizer.

After using this my skin feels soft as a babies behind!!
I end up with smooth skin, healthy glow, smaller pores and more even skintone.

I think timewise microdermabrasion set is worth paying for, since I get same (or even better) results as going to a spa/salon. I will definatly purchase the full set.

on 7/20/2012 11:26:00 AM

I LOVE this product--though I am only reviewing the scrub part, I don't use the serum. I am glad they changed it to a normal squeezy tube from the old style, I feel like I get more out of it now. I love this stuff, it's not too rough for my sensitive skin and leaves it VERY well exfoliated. I use retinoids and this helps me through the molting process I go through on the cycle of on and off of the medicines. I usually apply it while wearing little vinyl hair dye gloves because the little beads don't dissolve as quickly with the lack of skin. For some reason it works better.

on 6/20/2012 8:23:00 AM

Just used this for the first time tonight and i just don't like it at all. The first step wasn't harsh on my skin and i could feel it did make my face smoother however when i got out of the shower my face felt so tight like i had a clay mask on and couldn't make any facial expression or my face would crack! Second step was absolute rubbish. My face feels like i haven't moisturised it and my hands are sticky -_-
This was a complete waste of money and i wouldn't recommend this to anyone.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Absolutely love this product! My skin feels refreshed after each application. I've been using it as my main exfoliator for about 2 years now

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

PROS
- Thoroughly exfoliates skin
- Evens skin tone
- Skin feels incredibly soft and silky

CONS
- Cannot really notice a visible difference

TIP: Do this about once a week

on 3/29/2012 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Great product. I love its texture, its not too rough, I received it as a gift and now I am obssessed with it. I use it twice a week and find my skin looking more fresh and have noticed fewer breakouts. The only reason I didn't give it five stars is because I have once in a while gotten a little overzealous and that will cause a bit of a flaring of my skin.
The antioxident serum that comes with it is ok.. I like the texture and how it feels on my skin but other than that Im not sure what its supposed to do. But considering my skin has been looking better with the combined treatment i will continue using both religiously.

on 12/22/2011 2:45:00 AM

I bought it a while back and only used it a couple times, but I started using it again recently with the timewise age fighting skin care kit and I absoloutely love it! Right after use it tends to bring out any acne that was coming up and I have a few red spots where my pores were clogged the most at but it really minimizes the pores and leaves my skin very soft and smooth. The redness goes away after a few minutes. It is a little pricey but I would definitely recommend it to anyone who can afford it.

on 5/7/2011 6:06:00 PM

I like this kit, though I wouldn't spend the $55 on it again. The first step, scrub, felt very fine and nice on my skin and did a very good job of smoothing out my skin. I didn't experience any redness or irritation on my sensitive skin. There is no fragrance, which is a plus. The second step, to replenish, didn't really do anything for me. It just kind of sits on the skin. While it didn't do anything negative to my skin, I didn't see where it replenished it. I don't have any complaints, but for the price, I would expect it to do more, so I won't be buying it again.

Popular Treatments (Face)