September 15, 2014 | 1822 users online

Crème - Shiseido - Sun Protection Stick Foundation SPF35

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2010 10:49:00 AM More reviews by crawfore

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like use this on and off in the summer months, but I definitely agree the color selection is awful. The beige is too pink and Ochre is too yellow/orangey. I decided to buy both colors this year and blend them on my face with a foundation brush or sponge. This takes a little more time but the results are superior and well worth the effort. After applying, I use a mattifier in my T-zone and a light dusting of powder on top (Nars loose of course) and I'm good for the entire day.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2010 10:45:00 AM More reviews by 9Design

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Caked on like a crayon on paper when I put it on. Uneven spread.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2010 1:50:00 AM More reviews by Lilian11

This foundation stick applies sheerly although it says it's a foundation. I have shade Light Ochre, seems really light when I swipe on my skin, but when spread out, it blends in well. Does not feel greasy or heavy at all. I'm mac NC25 and OC20. Very handy, easy to use and compact. Would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2009 12:11:00 PM More reviews by chinchi

I burn easily. I wore this on a recent trip to Aruba. I spent a week in the sun, and was in and out of pools and the ocean all day. Got my face wet many times and was sweating. This makeup was the only sun protection that I applied to my face, and I did not burn. Further, I barely even tanned on my face. Wow. Great stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2009 1:28:00 AM More reviews by marchangels

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product gives GREAT coverage. It is a full coverage foundation...if you have any imperfections this will cover it up -without feeling heavy. I tried it on half my face and WOW! I couldn't believe the difference! I like to use it as a primer and use a very light foundation over it (since I am lighter than the beige). Wish they did make more colors though...a definite rebuy for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2009 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Applebonbon

A really good foundation stick that doubles as a sunscreen. I got the plain white colour and mainly bought it because I was looking for a face-specific sunscreen that wasn't heavy like regular suncream. I was not disappointed! This goes on light and doesn't irritate my skin at all. You only need a few swipes to cover your whole face and you can put it on heavier if you are worried about a few 'prone-to-burn' areas. Packaging is great because I don't have to get sunscreen EVERYWHERE, very convenient. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2009 6:15:00 AM More reviews by Vaniessa

I absolutely love this foundation!I was skeptical about the coverage at first, and boy i was wrong. The coverage is just wonderful!!It covers my redness and acne scars like heaven. It literally melts onto the skin and it's really easy to blend it onto the skin. It's quite long-lasting too, lasted whole day minus a little of the coverage. The high SPF content is a big plus too!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2007 10:55:00 PM More reviews by loreal_lover

I just bought this product today...I was disappointed at the color selection. The beige doesn't suit my skin perfectly (it is a bit dark for my pale skin), but I got it anyways because there wasn't anything similar by a different brand. I think I will be able to blend it enough. My skin can be quite blotchy, so I hate going without a foundation to even my skin tone out, so the thought of having an 'all in one' sunscreen with coverage REALLY appeals to me. I'm hoping the photos from vacation turn out quite nicely! I wil report back later after I have used it more. I am a bit concerned about the post that says it doesnt let your skin sweat....yikes...I hope that doesn't happen when I use it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2007 12:09:00 PM More reviews by Amethyst_5

This product is a multi-tasker for me. I use the Sun Protection Stick Foundation in Ochre as a concealer under my eyes, as well as light foundation on my nose & cheek area to cover red broken capillaries. Shade range is terrible (one lippie off); actually, there is no "range." You can either choose Beige, a pinky beige tone, or Ochre, a yellow-based medium shade. There is also a Translucent shade that I suspect offers no coverage but goes on invisibly for added sun protection. I have not used the Translucent version so cannot attest to whether it is actually invisible or not. I am an NC40/45; Armani LSF #8 and Ochre actually matches quite well. I'm surprised that some lighter-complected MUA'ers can use Ochre, as I would think it would be too dark, but I guess not. Must be suitable for a wide range of skin tones with yellow undertones. On me, can stand to be a tad darker but since I cover it up w/ a dusting of mineral powder the shade actually blends in well overall. Coverage is medium - not enough to cover dark spots or bad acne scars, etc, but does cover redness and evens skin on my cheeks. I do not have terrible undereye circles but what darkness is there is masked with this foundation. I like that the consistency is creamy and blendable - definitely buildable. Does not crease under eyes, even with use of eye cream first. And, let's not forget, the added SPF 35 gets kudos from me. I used to use Shiseido's eye cream w/ spf 32, but do not need to apply that when I use this foundation. Highly portable & doesn't take up any room at all in my makeup bag! Overall good product!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2007 2:12:00 PM More reviews by catnap

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have light-medium skin with yellow undertone and I got this in Ochre, which blends in beautifully with my skintone. For a cream foundation, this spreads like a dream, although if you have any flakes, it might make them look more obvious but what i usually do is spritz some mineral water on my face and gently pat over the flaky area - that helps set the foundation and make it look super natural . Of note, this creamy foundation does a wonderful job at minimizing the look of pores - i normally would wear Clinique's instant perfector underneath my liquid foundation or just loose powder, but with Shiseido Sun Protection Stick Foundation, i find that i do'nt need the Instant Perfector . not only that, when i wear this foundation, i find that i rarely have to blot . I've purchased this twice and will purchase again when my stick foundation runs out . Overall, it evens out the skintone and provide medium coverage with great sun protection, minimize the pores, and easy (less messy then liquid foundation) to for daily usage .