August 28, 2014 | 1660 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose Waterproof

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2012 12:44:00 AM More reviews by woaifobs

Yes, this mascara is expensive but the results are excellent. It is truly a waterproof (a must have if you are like me and stay active during the day or night).

It won't give you the fake lash effect, but it still boosts your lashes, making them dramatic but still natural.

It is my favorite mascara in Lancome's lineup & I use this everyday over the Cils Lash Booster, also by Lancome. :)

Try it. You won't regret it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2012 11:03:00 AM More reviews by sandyatthebeach1

This mascara is fantastic. I have long, but sort of thin, stick-straight lashes, and I prefer mascaras that give a non-clumpy, fluttery look. Like, your lashes, but waaaaaaaay better- a combo of volume and length, while still keeping the curl well, not smudging, and avoiding that spider-lash look. A long list... but this mascara seriously does it all. It's the most waterproof mascara I've encountered, and lasts ridiculously well. It does't smudge at all, although maybe after a really long day, there might be a few flakes near my lash line, although it's so minimal, I don't mind at all. This also holds a curl like no other. It works the best after a few weeks of opening, and just makes my lashes look great: thick at the base, with less product at the tips. The thinner brush makes it easy to use and easy to wiggle into the roots of the lashes; it's also easier to use on your lower lashes.
Now... for the cons. I change my mascara every few months, and this mascara isn't the cheapest around, so I'm loathe to keep doling out for it. Also, the formula is on the drier side, which I like, since it coats the lashes more evenly and holds a curl better, but it also dries out to the point of clumpy ickiness sooner than most mascaras. Also, it's difficult to remove with plain old makeup remover. I recommend using a makeup removing oil- like the Shu Uemura one (although my favorite is the Laneige moisture one in the pink bottle). Still, overall, I would, and will, repurchase this mascara over and over again, and I definitely recommend it. It gives really awesome results!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2012 5:30:00 PM More reviews by mbcccix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Being that my Hypnose Drama WP mascara is my HG mascara, I always repurchase. Recently, I went to Sephora looking for my HG mascara unfortunately, the Hypnose Drama WP mascaras are always lying somewhere else inconspicuously. I thought I picked up the Hypnose Drama WP but it actually turned out to be just Hypnose WP. I was debating on returning it but being that I had no mascara I decided to use it.

This product is nearly the same as the Hypnose Drama WP and I love it. I've now found TWO HG mascaras.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2012 9:16:00 AM More reviews by ItalianBerry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm very fussy with Mascaras and this one has constantly been on rotation for the last few years in my collection.

Pros:
- If applied properly (buildable, let your first coat solidify a little before applying a second one) then it can produce beautiful long lashes that don't look clumpy.
- Again, being a buildable mascara, you can get whopping volume if you have the patience to apply 5 nice sturdy coats.
- Spider lashes (this is a con for some people, but I love that delicate thin spidery look)
- Although being waterproof, it is ridiculously easy to remove with make up, comes off with warm water.

Cons:
- These mascaras seem to have a mood of their own. Sometimes they give you really great lashes, and sometimes they give you no length at all and start to flake. I don't know if temperature affects them or something.
- They WILL dry up quickly (especially if you apply many coats like I do) ...if you have a lot of money to spare, then this will be no problem. But baring in mind their expensive... don't expect to get 5 months use out of one mascara stick.

All in all, this is a great mascara but can let you down sometimes. And it's extremely pricey.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 8:12:00 PM More reviews by rarityfalls

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I paid $26 for this mascara at Sephora while I was in NYC. This was the last Hypnose Drama mascara left, and it was in waterproof. THIS IS WATERPROOF. This is probably the most waterproof mascara I have ever used. I took a shower. This didn't come off. You have to really press with makeup remover pads or use a good makeup remover on a cottonball to get this off. Overall, a great mascara. Good length, pretty good volume, a fluffy, pretty, dramatic look. It's not my HG mascara but is still really nice. When it does come off it doesn't come off in huge black stains, it flakes. But that's expected with waterproof mascara. Didn't flake all day long for me. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2012 2:47:00 AM More reviews by Amalzahir

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Overall it's really just ok.. I find it very easy to clump & honestly I'm not a fan of the formula.. After just a few weeks I found it not applying smoothly, which ive never had that issue with most other mascaras.. Even el cheapo ones.. I won't buy it again because I just don't think it's worth it. Also I found I could only apply 1-1.5 coats of this.. It wasn't very dramatic IMO & definitely not lengthening..

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2012 6:44:00 AM More reviews by jaylyn85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This mascara is clumpy lashville. The only good thing about it, is that it's waterproof. Not worth the 26 bucks I payed. The wand seems to hold a lot of product which of course causes the clumps. I rarely use this mascara due to the mess it leaves my lashes in.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2012 11:26:00 PM More reviews by butterfly912

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE LOVE THIS MASCARA! I cried, took a shower with it and it did not smudge significantly. It is long-lasting, although the waterproof formula makes your lashes much drier, and maybe a little clumpier. However if you are an active person but still want to look pretty then pick this one up!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2012 7:53:00 AM More reviews by CloudPies

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I swear by this product! As per my asian heritage, my eyelashes are dead straight... so far, this has been the ONLY mascara that has not wilted by the end of the day!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2012 5:01:00 PM More reviews by nideSUPERgirl

I got this after I tried Hypnose Doll Lashes (which was terrible, I ended up looking like a panda after a few hours). It's so good, but quite pricey at $26. It lengthens and holds curl better than Doll Lashes and doesn't smudge. I love how you can put up to about six coats (though three or four is sufficient) without it clumping horribly. It's good to buy this when they have gifts so you get some nice samples. ( :