Olay Sensitive Skin Foaming Face Wash

Water , Glycerin ,Sodium Myristoyl Sarcosinate, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate , Sodium Lauroamphoacetate , Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice , Polyquaternium-10 , PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate , Glycol Distearate , Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Cocamide MEA , Laureth-10 , Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate , Sodium Trideceth Sulfate , Citric Acid , Disodium EDTA , Phenoxyethanol , DMDM Hydantoin. 6/25/12

on 3/17/2015 11:41:00 AM

This got a rave review on PaulasChoice,and I totally beg to differ!

Pros:
-Lathers well(when mixed with water)
-Cleanses well,do not wear makeup but sunscreen is gone :)
-leaves skin smooth and NOT dry or taut
-Non-irritating (no eczema anything etc :D)
-CHEAP.

Cons:
-STINGS THE EYES.

Gave this to my sister,It would be soooo great if it din sting my eyes! Im going back to my eucerin dermatoclean refreshing cleansing gel,it's so underrated! (: With that said,I don't think you should completely trust PaulasChoice.I mean,like,it's a great site for guidelines and resources but take everything with a grain or two of salt,ya know.

God Bless xoxo

on 3/7/2015 8:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Last time I used this I remember it being VERY drying. Which is surprising since many blogs reccomend it because of the 'gentle' surfactants it has, and how it wont dissolve your lipid barrier (etc..). On the other Hand , Vichy's daily gentle cream cleanser has a lipid up high in the ingredients list, and potassium hydroxide, which is supposedly less gentle, but the product is LESS drying (though still somewhat drying). Neutrogena's ultra gentle foaming cleanser is also horribly drying. Im sticking to Vichy's normaderm gentle daily cream cleanser (for acne prone). Ill also going to go get some Syndet bars for my poor dry body skin.

I like every thing about this face wash except when comes to rinse time. It took A LOT of rinsing to get this stuff off. Felt like I had a thick lotion on my face and it was impossible to get it all off. Because of this I didn't really feel like my face was clean :(

on 11/10/2014 12:55:00 AM

Love this face wash! Not too harsh and makes my skin feel amazing after each use. Also it removes my makeup. My whole family uses this and I lost count of how many bottles we've been through.

on 10/15/2014 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased this cleanser at the dollar store for next to nothing because I was trying to save money and didn't want to shell out the $14 for the Aveeno cleanser I had been using. I wasn't expecting much and so was pleasantly surprised - make that amazed - by this cheap cleanser. It foams up nicely and removes my stubborn foundation, though I sometimes have to use it twice in places where I've used more concealer. But even when I do, it never dries out my sensitive, acne-prone skin. I follow it up with a little bit of Cetaphil so maybe that's why but my skin has definitely improved since I started using this. I was using the redness reducing cleanser before and it didn't seem to help my sensitive skin very much. This, however, has made my skin feel less tight and has noticeably reduced the redness and irritation. It's gentle but effective. I've already repurchased once and will definitely do so again.

on 10/2/2014 11:59:00 PM

Simply great! Been using it since L'oreal discontinued one of my favorite facial cleansers! Great for my oily skin

on 9/28/2014 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is the best cleanser I've ever found. It's not perfect, but it's close. Most importantly, it's very gentle. I have really sensitive, oily (but dehydrated), acne-prone, rosacea-prone skin. It's not a picnic trying to satisfy all of my skin's needs. This cleanser doesn't aggravate it and it doesn't clog my pores. A lot of cleansers that are gentle end up clogging my pores because of the added emollients. This one does not. The only drawback is that it leaves a weird residue on your skin, like a coating. Oddly, it doesn't bother my skin at all, but the fact that I can feel something just bothers me. That's the only reason it doesn't get a perfect score from me.

on 9/25/2014 6:16:00 PM

I've been using this for 4 or 5 years now, and it's one of very few skincare products I've repurchased several times. It's mild overall, it gets rid of the bumpy pores that form on my nose sometimes, and it calms down my hormonal chin acne when it occurs (once every few months). When I first started using this cleanser, I was on Retin-A for persistent chin breakouts, but this helped get it under control to the point that I stopped the tretinoin cream.
For a while I used this cleanser once a day, and no moisturizers or makeup (because I was paranoid that any moisturizer would break me out) and my skin was the best it had ever been, just more even overall, but now that I'm not in my twenties anymore, I find that I need some moisture.
It may be a tad drying for drier skin types. My skin is combination, and I find it sloghtly drying on the cheeks, especially in the winter. Also it's not going to remove every last bit of makeup, so if you wear makeup often, you'd need an extra step. Finally, i wish it had a resealable cap so that I could take it with me on short trips.
I only ever buy the pump version, use half to a full pump, foam up between your fingers before you put it on your face.

on 9/20/2014 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I've strayed from this, but always come back. I've been using it for 4+ years and it's the best cleanser for both price and performance. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin (sensitive BUT oily, so I need that foaming action this provides), suds well, and rinses off fairly easily. It's easy to find in stores, a good price, with a pump. It's a no-brainer cleanser for me--it just works so well. I wear zinc-based sunscreen during the day and do not need a separate oil cleanser to remove it. However, I don't wear heavy face make-up, so I have no idea how well it would take that off.

The only con is that it will leave a tiny bit of a filmy residue if you just splash-and-go. A few pats to make sure it is all off is key, as it's viscous in texture.

on 9/20/2014 2:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Sensitive? More like extremely drying. I don't understand all the good reviews. I must be the only one this doesn't work for... Or my skin is super sensitive. I'm going back to cetaphil. I don't know how it has a "best" review on paulas choice. Whatever