September 23, 2014 | 995 users online

Cleansers - Olay - Sensitive Skin Foaming Face Wash

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2014 10:13:00 AM More reviews by KourtneyBrooke

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I kept trying to go back to this but I don't know why. It always gives me weird bumps on my face. whitehead like bumps. no bueno. adios olay. Gave it to my mom cuz she always uses it already. She's never had acne in her life so it's safe for her.

UPDATE! I'm back to using this. My skin is so sensitive I can't find anything else that works. I tried to use Dove soap and it broke me out much worse. And clean and clear sensitive is too harsh and drying and made my cheeks very red and peel. This seems not so bad so far. My skin just is clog prone. But I am not so sure this makes it any worse than it just already is.

UPDATE 9/18/14: Still using this. think it still may contribute to clogged pores becoming white heads. I will continue to use it but only on my cheeks. They are really dry and can't tolerate other cleansers. But I'll stick with Clean and Clear Sensitive for my t zone for now. UGH! where is my HG cleanser?!??

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2014 6:50:00 AM More reviews by Skin69

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

BEST CLEANSER! Although it says "foaming" it isn't very foaming but it does foam a little bit. I have the most combination skin in the world, that means extra dry flaky, sensitive skin, normal skin and oily/acne prone skin. So this cleanser is for ALL skin types. It cleanses well and gets rid of majority of my makeup (or all of it with a cleansing tool) as most good cleansers do. It has a cushiony and smooth texture which might feel slimy but I think it's great as long as you rinse well, plus my skin does not feel tight afterwards. My skin feel so much better after cleansing with this cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2014 7:40:00 PM More reviews by akhyllberg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have sensitive...doesn't-like-any-face-wash-or-any-skin-product... skin. It's oily and loves having at LEAST 1+ pimple to decorate it, always. Same rundown as most acne people - I've had it all my life, literally since birth; had baby acne. Tried everything. From 10 - 18 years old I used ALL THE SKIN PRODUCTS (you know who you are) that were extremely harsh which killed my skin. In college I used topical prescription meds that worked wonderfully, but were really expensive (darn you acne meds for being a cosmetic need and not covered by insurance!). After college I thought... I'll go the natural route. That'll show my pores who's boss! What better than to give my natural skin some natural skin products? A cure was in the making ...Nope!! My acne was the worst during the 'natural' phase (also during the Pro-Active phase... BAD!!!). And I used everything from straight up honey and apple cider vinegar to making my own toners and trying the oil cleansing method. My face was like "I HATE YOU" and errupted in lots of cystic acne for several years. This year I decided to back to drugstore brands after feeling confident that everything wasn't going to give me cancer if it didn't say "natural" or "organic" on it. I researched and made a careful decision.... Olay sensitive skin foaming face wash is the winner!!! Got the idea from the acne.org website after trying that method out and deciding I didn't want to be putting on benzoyl peroxide all the time (time, money, bleaching - you know - general laziness). But let me tell you - of all things - I LOVE THIS FACE WASH. LOVE LOVE LOVE. If I were to ever have a holy grail of a product, and I don't use that term lightly (*see "skin hates everything"), it would be this face wash. Yes it's not perfect, but my skin has FINALLY CLEARED UP. Take that, you acne-cious scum!!! My method? Simple and perfect for me:
1. Wash face with Olay in the morning
2. Wash face with water at night. Use jojoba oil if awake enough to apply.
3. If I'm feeling extra fancy - use green clay mask or sugar scrub (literally adding plain ol' sugar to that Olay)

Ta-Da!!!! It doesn't dry out my skin. It DOES feel like there's a little film left over, but I could care less because at least it's not drying out my skin and making it tight after each wash. Honestly, of all things, I'm extremely surprised this worked for me. Still on the hunt for a good moisturizer - because, honey, finding a good moisturizer that doesn't break me out is like me attempting to climb Mt. Everest. It's not impossible, it's just...... a very difficult thing to do.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 4:28:00 PM More reviews by Jennetteinil

I've been using this face wash for about 2 weeks & I pair it with my ecotools complexion sponge & it cleans my skin without over drying!! My skin is so smooth & soft after cleaning. After cleansing I apply the Olay Regenerist Luminous Cream & my skin has improved 100%!!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/11/2014 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Emilynyn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have oily <--- I'm forreal it's oily and clog prone skin which I hate. I'm sensitive to almost about everything. This cleanser does NOT foam up easily you have to have a lot of water on your hands for it to foam up. It's a pretty decent cleanser but it's not for me. I broke out with a whole bunch of whiteheads which I usually never get (only a few once in a while). This doesn't really get rid of acne which I'm also prone to. Still on the look for a good cleanser and this is definitely not it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2014 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Yvetteski

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Gentle and effective enough if you are not wearing heavy make up. Compares favorably to Neutrogena Ultra Gentle , but Foaming Face Wash is a misnomer. It does not foam much and you need a substantial glop especially when using a Clarisonic. Nothing special, but does the job, sort of like a 2003 Corolla.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 1:37:00 PM More reviews by solisortum

I recently started to break out after using Shiseido White Lucent Brightening Cleanser. After reading a lot of reviews on Paulschoice.com, I decided to buy the Olay Sensitive Skin Foaming Face wash, since it was rated "Best". This product has not given me a single pimple since I started using it. It leaves my skin feeling so smooth and clean. It does have a weird smell to it but that's a minor problem.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2014 9:24:00 PM More reviews by 12601834

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Bought this because of Paula Begoun's reviews, but absolutely hated it. Barely lathered, didn't clean my face at all, & left a gross filmy slime all over. Ok yes, the ingredients may tick all of her boxes, but it was a horrible face wash for me. Threw it in the bin, back to my Dove Unscented Bar - a million times cleaner feeling after washing with this.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2014 2:55:00 PM More reviews by Linazx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have sensitive to dry skin. I bought this product and i have been using it for 2-3 years now. I dont use alot at once nor do i cleanse my face with face cleanser that often b/c i have dry skin. But when i do i always use this one.

Is this right for me?
- If you are looking for a cleanser for everyday use that is light on your skin but just does the trick to freshen you up in the morning, i would recommend using this one.
- If you want more cleansing to get rid of oil b.c your skin is oily, this may not do the trick as it is for sensitive to dry skin.

Pro
- Light on skin
- Leaves it feeling smooth
- Tightens the skin, helping to reduce loose puffy skin.
- Non-irritant on skin
- NO paraben or other harsh chemicals
- Cheap.
- Sanitary pump
- The foam makes applying it very easy and smooth

Con
- Doesn't deep clean
- Doesn't improve your skin in the long run.

I hope this helps. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2014 3:04:00 AM More reviews by lovepixie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I can't believe I didn't try this sooner. I've been searching for a good cleanser since pretty much forever, and kind of bought into the hype of high end is better. I finally caved and bought this after the excellent write up on Beautypedia, and this product did not disappoint. It gets my skin clean, not squeaky why did you do this to face clean, but just a nice, soft clean. Added bonus that I can use it on my eyes, and it removes my eye makeup, even some of my hardcore waterproof, with very little effort. I've used every eye makeup remover known to man at this point, I think, and this is the only one that didn't sting my skin. My skin loves this stuff, and I think for the average user, dry, combination, oily, sensitive, etc, this is a great product. I hate to think of all the money I wasted looking for this. And can I mention again that I replaced my eye makeup remover with this?! Having a product that does it all is such a plus in my book. I love simplicity and I'm usually tired when I get off work (12 hour shifts). A product that does everything is perfect. And mine was less than $5! I'm not sure how this would work with severely acne prone skin, but for everyone else, seriously, try this.