April 18, 2014 | 1829 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - DiorShow Mascara Waterproof

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2013 1:56:00 PM More reviews by albrygold

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this mascara! It adds length and volume to my lashes (I do curl them first), doesn't smudge, and comes off easily with a good waterproof eye makeup remover (I use Lumene).

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2013 1:37:00 AM More reviews by Emmulous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

So I was on the market for the "best waterproof mascara". I always wear waterproof. I get teary, sweaty, wet somehow, every single day. I have to. I know, I know, it's not as good or something, but I have to.
Anyway, this was the most recommended waterproof mascara pretty much everywhere, so I bought it, even though it's a bit out of my price range (I'm a big Maybelline advocate, though lately they failed me a bit with their mascaras)

This mascara is good. It's not as dry as the other ones, but that's also its problem. It's just not that waterproof.
I actually had to purchase a "mascara top coat" product that I coat on top of it every single day.
So.. does it look awesome? Yes. Is it waterproof? No, not so much, not for me, anyway.

I wouldn't buy it again just because it's just not answering my basic needs, and too bad. It's cute as hell.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2013 12:52:00 AM More reviews by aleachhunter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The worst waterproof mascara I have ever tried... it doesn't work! It smudges, clumps, flakes, bleeds, and creates the most horrific raccoon eyes I have ever had. I originally bought this to wear on my wedding day - thank goodness I did a trial run and realized how terrible this product is! I can't believe the hype surrounding this for as crappy as it is.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2013 11:45:00 AM More reviews by panchita64

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I couldn't wait to try this after all the great reviews and the cult following it has. I liked the brush and the fact that it really separated my lashes. The big problem: horrible raccoon eyes!! This is no way a waterproof formula. Returning it....

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 2:45:00 PM More reviews by annieherdez

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this mascara in brown and I'm thrilled with it! I have straight lashes that lose the curl if the mascara is too wet or heavy. This works pretty well with my lashes. It holds the curl all day, it doesn't transfer to my eyelids or my skin after wearing it for hours.

The formula is not dry which is something I love considering that most of the waterproof mascaras are very dry and tend to leave flaky lashes.

My concern is the wand, is too big for me so I have to be extra careful while applying this.

Considering the price I think the mascara performs as it should.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2013 9:21:00 AM More reviews by BobbiBrightEyes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This formula is too shiny for me. When light reflects off of it, it makes me look as though I have no eyelashes at all! Good staying power and buildable, but the shine is just too much.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2013 3:48:00 PM More reviews by wrbtu

I usually wear Lancome Hypnose waterproof and tried this just for the heck of it. My eyes are sensitive tear non stop in the morning for about an hour which is why I've got to use waterproof eye makeup. Anyway, Dior waterproof is not, in my opinion, waterproof. It comes off when I dab my tearing eyes and smudges the bottom lid even when I don't wipe my eyes. I never had these issues with Lancome. I used the Dior for 3 months because it was so expensive, but I just went out and replaced it with Lancome's (about the same $ but worth it) waterproof mascara and I can't wait to get back to it. Also I find the brush on Lancome's better than the one supplied with Dior.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2013 10:15:00 PM More reviews by lexieh5

I love love love this mascara! I have super thin eyelashes and it's hard for me to find a good mascara that makes them show up, but this one is amazing! It keeps my lashes curled, volumizes and lengthens them, and stays on all day. I've stopped buying regular mascara because every time I decide to wear it for some reason I end up crying and it turns into a runny mess, but the waterproof formula keeps my face free of smudges no matter what, even if I watch PS I love you:) I love the huge brush and the formula, and it is much easier to remove than the other mascara's I've used (I just use Pond's cold cream cleanser to remove, nothing fancy). This is by far my favorite mascara I've tried! Next up to bat is Givenchy Phenomen'Eyes ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2013 10:31:00 PM More reviews by xoxobellamarie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Got this as a freebie from a friend, and it's one if the best mascaras I've used so far.

It's not too dramatic, which I like since I prefer more 'natural.'

Eyelashes and eyebrows have always been my main focal points for makeup, and finding a great mascara has been a struggle.

I like to heat my eyelash curler with my blow dryer on low for about a minute, and curl them. Afterwards, I'll brush a few coats and I'm good to go!

The only reason this got a '4' was because A. the price is rather high, and B. after 3-4 hours, it's smudges.

Will buy when I run out though!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2013 6:30:00 PM More reviews by caoscalmo

I am Asian with short straight lashes. I am always on the look for a mascara that Can add length and volume. This Diorshow mascara is good for people that are looking to lengthen their lashes more than anything else.
It has a nice intense black color which gives it more definition. I would say that in volumizing it doesn't do much. I couple it with my shu uemura eyelash curler and it holds the curl quite well throughout the day.The effect that it has is: a long, more defined and natural looking lashes so if you are looking for really dramatic lashes I would suggest to try a different mascara. The downside of this mascara aside from the expensive price is that it smudges on the under eye part after 2-3 hours. Overall I would say it does a good job, I am not sure I will repurchase as I am always in the lookout for "THE" mascara but I am quite pleased with the results. I gave it 3 out of 5 lippie for the price and slight smudging.