Dior DiorShow Mascara Waterproof

3.3

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

If there was one mascara that has received a lot of recognition, great word-of-mouth reviews, and marketability, it would be the Christian Dior mascara collection. So, when I purchase the DiorShow Waterproof Mascara, I expected nothing less but a great pair of plumped and lengthened lashes. And it did just that. I wasn't blessed with long, thick lashes, so I have to spend a lot of money trying mascaras to find the perfect one that does the job without sacrificing integrity (smudging on the bottom of my eyes). It was easy to apply. The brush was easy to use and it had just the right amount of mascara to apply to the eyes. It also held the curl I had prior to application. Everything was going great until it was time to remove the suckers. I had the best waterproof makeup remover from Estee Lauder working for me but the mascara stayed on. I washed it thoroughly as well with some soap and water but there was still some left. I might have even taken off some of my fine lashes in the process. This made me realize that waterproof has some advantages, but in my opinion, the disadvantage weighed more. I just couldn't handle sleeping with mascara. It drives me nuts. So, as effective as it is. I will not purchase waterproof anymore. I'll just use fake lashes when I have a special event to go to.

on 4/20/2014 3:58:00 PM

My HG mascara. It's worth the $$$! It darkens, lengthens, holds a curl, definitely volumizes, and "fans" out my lashes quite nicely. Other mascaras tend to clump my lashes together so it looks like I have only 5 lashes, and thankfully this does not do that.

For me, this mascara does NOT flake, smudge, or run. It is a pain to get off (like most waterproofs) without makeup remover.

I've tried various other mascaras over the years as well as variations of Dior (non-WP DiorShow, Iconic DiorShow), and this one is the best. The non-WP version doesn't hold my curl and the Iconic one does not fan my lashes out as well.

on 4/2/2014 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I LOVE this mascara! Handsdown the very best mascara I've ever had. That said, It's much to expensive for me to purchase every 3 months. That's when I replace mascara. I will only splurge for a very important (rare) occasion and enjoy it for my 3 months.

on 3/18/2014 11:20:00 PM

What happened, Dior? This used to be my HG mascara, consistently delivering big, lush lashes without smudging. I don't know if the the formula has changed but the last two tubes I've purchased have given me raccoon eyes. I won't be buying again.

on 2/2/2014 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After reading many reviews on different sites, I am so surprised how much I don't like this mascara. I always buy waterproof mascara because I work outside. I have thin short eyelashes and first off applying the mascara the brush is too big to get definition. I don't feel that it makes my lashes any thicker or longer than any other mascara I've ever used. It flakes and runs after several hours. I use Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner and was using a sample of Benefit They're Real. I will be going back and purchasing They're Real. It doesn't run and gives definition, length and stays put all day, where as DiorShow waterproof does not.

I am sort of suprised at how bad this is. It looks OK when it's initially applied, but very quickly loses all lash curl and the product flakes off all over the place. Within a couple hours, my lashes look like I slept in makeup -- smudgy and not made up. This stuff was so expensive and I had high hopes. Into the trash it goes.

on 1/13/2014 7:26:00 PM

Beautiful packaging and equally beautiful results.

Gives you lush, falsies like effect in a couple coats. It's just that I got Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill Excess and well, I like that one loads better.

But if you can't get Armani where you live and you can afford Dior, you should totally get it!

AMAZING. This mascara is the only one that I use, Ive been using it for years and people will often come up to me and compliment me on my eyelashes..
I have naturally straight lashes and it works for me, its expensive but its the only one that I can find that really does what it says.

on 11/4/2013 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Thought this would be a great mascara for me but it's not. I even prefer benefits mascara but overall my fav mascara to get is the Giorgio Armani eyes to kill excess - it's best ever makes me look like I'm wearing false lashes !:D xx

on 10/20/2013 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My holy grail high end mascara. I have your typical long but super straight Asian lashes and with one pump of my lash curler, and two coats of the Diorshow Wsterproof my lashes go from eh, to wow! It's more expensive but worth it if you want beautiful soft, full fanned lashes ladies!