Bumble & Bumble Styling Creme

3.8

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

My hair is curly and highlighted and heavily layered. My ends are dry and my roots can lay flat - pretty huh?! Anyway, I have closets and drawers full of products - you can tell by all of my reviews. I only just purchased this last week bc it was on clearance at bed bath beyond in their pharmacy section. I don't think I would have tried it with the full price tag. the reviews seem to be mostly love or hate and I have to say that so far I love it! The other reviews are very helpful on how to use this. When I used it by itself my hair had hold, but felt a little stiff. I now use a leave in conditioner first and then put this in my hair. A Nickel size amount and I even use some on my roots for a little lift. At first I thought that it would make them greasy, but if used sparingly it does not. I then will use some kind of moisturizing product like fekkai crème or dermorganic oil on the ends to soften them up a bit. My curls are looking good without any mousse or gel stiffness. The nice thing is that it does not cause my hair to lay flat on top. It seems like all the other styling products I have are either too volumizing (so it dries out my hair) or too moisturizing (making it look greasy). This seems to work both ways. Even on its own it was fine, but waaayy better when used in conjunction with other products. The best part is that I can just rewet my hair the next day and the curls are great again. Sometimes I don't even have to do that bc it holds the curl so well. It is going to kill me to have to buy another bottle at full price but I think I am going to have to!!

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I swapped for this without any expectations but I ended up liking this more than I thought I would! I apply a dime/nickel sized amount to towel-dried hair before blow drying, This is great for styling my hair and giving it some lift. It isn't too heavy for my fine hair, which was a concern of mine when I saw its paste-like consistency. I've also tried it on dry hair but I think I like it better when I use it while heat styling to get more volume.

Ok, so this product WILL make your hair greasy, sticky, and weighed down if you use too much which is very easy to do. I use it on about the first two inches of my roots and it really is the best volumizer I've used and helps with teasing. But I just need a TINY amount, like a pea and a half. I don't use it on the rest of my hair but I probably would if I planned on curling it. If you just want to blow dry it out and have it silky, this will not work.

I have lots and lots of fine straight hair. It is naturally very silky but flat so I use products to add volume and texture. This gives great, non-sticky grip to my hair and I've used it when my hair has been halfway down my back and when it's been a short bob. Because it doesn't really excel in volume, I stray, but keep coming back to this.

I LOVE this!!!! Although I normally don't style my hair, the bottle said that this product could be used as a leave-in conditioner for damp hair. I've used up the entire bottle and can't wait to re-purchase another one. While it is expensive, I do feel like it is worth it because it left my hair shiny, strong, and very smooth and soft.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

No no no. I don't have particularly thick or coarse hair, but it's not thin or fine either, and this stuff was just terrible. It weighs hair down, feels sticky, and doesn't even really provide hold. It made my hair look dull and dirty (and not even in a good way...like the Texture creme) and gave it that tangle-y dry feeling that comes with products that have a lot of alcohol in them. Just awful.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am not a fan. My hair extremely thick and long. I have corase hair that has a wave and frizz. This creme did nothing when I used the recommended amount but when I tried using more product, it left my hair feeling goopy and dirty.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I stumbled upon this product and now, I don't know how I ever lived without it. I have straight, fine (but tons of it) bleached hair that is a tad below my chin...an a-line bob that I am attempting to grow out. My hair gets weighed down so easy...I am always attempting to add volume to it and once it passes my chin, it gets harder and harder to style/get the look I want. Because of that I have kept my hair short for over 20 years.. With this product I really feel like I can grow my hair out issue free now. The best way I can describe what this does is it adds control, shape and a smoothness to my hair and it stays. It doesn't give it tons of volume but because of the other things it does, I don't need the volume...Kind of like when you come out of the salon with hair that is smooth and with great shape....but when you try to do it on your own, you try doing tons of things that just dry out your hair and end up with a fluffy mess of crispy hair that falls flat quickly. Using this creme makes my hair stay exactly the same at night as it was in the morning..It doesn't make my hair soft....but not dry either...It isn't any more drying then a misting of light hairspray. I use velcro rollers to get the bit of volume/shape I need....this product just makes sure whatever style I create stays that way. This stuff is HG status for me.
Edit: after finishing up one bottle I am no longer in love. It did dry out my hair ..so disappointed.

I had used this product years ago, saw it at a CCO outlet a month or so ago and decided to buy it again (I had re-purchased several times before). I don't know why I ever stopped using this stuff. My hair is baby fine, but I have a lot of it. It's layered with medium length. I use this primarily to lift my roots. While my hair is damp I use about a nickel sized blob in my roots and massaged through the rest of the hair shaft. This gives my hair texture, grip, and lift. It's really the only styling product I need if I could only use one thing. Most days, this and a little hairspray is all I use. I think everyone with fine hair should try this. Love it!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

LOVE!!! So versatile!!! Its like 2 products in 1. Volume and great hold memory. Keep experimenting with it and dont let a first miserable attempt with it dismay you. I have fine and medium thickness hair that is very silky so when I really want to pump it up I comb a good amount through then blow dry and style. Yes, it makes your hair a little tangled and rough; but when you want to do some special styles that need an overall hard working product you gotta turn to this. I love it for setting any kind of curl or intricate up-dos. I always use it as a base product then add more specific products over it. Cons: pricey and lack of a good smell.

Popular Styling Products