October 2, 2014 | 1010 users online

Concealers - Christian Dior - Skinflash Radiance Booster Pen-002 Candlelight

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2012 9:09:00 AM More reviews by Remarkable

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I bought this concealer in February at a department store. It was extremely expensive, about 35 euros or so. Lucky that I was given a 20% discount. The product does look like a pen indeed and it came in a luxurious blue pouch. It was a joy just to hold it my hand in the morning. It did cover up my under-eye dark circles but it did not function so well as a highlighter. I liked its scent, reminded me of the Dior Skin foundations that I used to use. But the product was over in less than 2 months !!!!!! I never wasted any of the content, but still, I was only able to use it for 6 weeks........ Terrible. Now I am trying the Clinique Airbrush concealer and I am loving it, much better both as a concealer and as a highlighter.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2012 12:24:00 AM More reviews by mulan400

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Having run out of Touche Eclat I decided to give this a shot. While I love the gold packaging of TE better than this I love it that you have to twist the bottom of this pen to get the product out unlike TE where you have to press the bottom which got accidentally pressed many times resulting in quite a bit of wasted product and considering the $$ these pretty things cost, that was quite undesirable. Being an NC 20-25 Colour wise no. 2 in both TE and DF were perfect matches and frankly I could not detect much difference in coverage or consistency. It had a nice brightening effect and did away with dark circles and the darkening around my laugh lines but I did not find that it did anything that TE didn't or vice versa EXCEPT after a couple of days of use I got a nice neat row of tiny bumps and milia on the spots I was covering with this.
Vowing to thoroughly cleanse my face the next time I was again "blessed" with bumps along my laugh lines in the eye socket where I had used DF. so, so, so bummed considering I live in Pakistan and there are no chances of return or exchange since this came all the way from the US. I am not taking lippies off due to the milia and bumps since I would blame the sensitivity of my skin for that and am quite sure most people will not have similar problems.
Bottomline if your skin, like mine, is prone to breakouts, milia, bumps, rashes this is not for you. If you are like everyone else give this a try. it does deliver on all that it promises.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2011 3:40:00 PM More reviews by babykitten9

I can't help comparing it to YSL's Touche Eclat which I have been using for years and have been happy with. Obviously not happy enough since I kept on looking for something else ;-) This is my "something else". It has a better coverage than YSL, the price is lower, the color range is more natural. It's not always enough to cover my dark circles (YSL touche eclat never was!) but mostly it is. I have learned that you shouldn't cover your whole undereye area with it, otherwise it won't look natural and it'll emphasize the dark shadows instead of hiding them. So I apply it sparingly (inner eye corners, under-upper brow, down from the nose to the mouth, cheekbones). I love it because it suits my skin tone perfectly, it blends well with any of my foundations, no breakouts, doesn't dry out my skin and it stays on well. No complaints about the packaging as I haven't had any problems with it. Definitely makes a huge difference if I wake up looking tired and washed out and apply this little gem. I use it on its own as well if I am having a lazy day but yet would like to look "better" without any make-up on. In this case I also apply it onto the eyelid to make it look smooth and even. It doesn't work on me as an eyeshadow base though, much too moisturizing (eyeshadows crease on me with this booster pen on). I'd buy it again but I'd also like to try the Clarins highligher.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2011 2:44:00 PM More reviews by sandrathp

AVOID....unless you want to throw money in the trash. It was far the worst I have tried. It was way too drying, zero coverage, sting my eyes and skin, dried out all the eye area plus the pink color looked awfully pink, think of barbie pink....awful consistency/color/texture...and it ran out after 2 weeks. What a waist, 57 dollars in Canada...save your cash and buy a nice brush or eye palette that will LAST... for exactly the same cost !!!! It was far the most useless item in my makeup bag! I would give it ZERO lippie if I could....Although, packaging is nice, especially that they put it in a velvet pouch but come to think of it....why woudl this actually need a pouch, since it will last a month tops....would you put your mascara in a velvet pouch???

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2011 9:54:00 AM More reviews by Kayabea

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product. It brightens my eyes and covers the darker circles. I don't have that much of a problem with that, but when I do, they are history. I would definitely buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2011 9:56:00 AM More reviews by gc2011

This is the best concealer/highlighter pen I've used, and I've tried most of them.

It's a heavier formula than Touche Eclat, but has major coverage. It highlights, corrects, and conceals to the point you truly do look perfect. Paired with Lancome's Teint Miracle, this really does wonders for me. Highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2011 12:27:00 AM More reviews by VogueGrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for years and I'm having a hard time "parting" with it because I really do like it a lot. I have dark circles under my eyes that seem to have gotten progressively worse these past 2 years or so, thus I need something that gives more coverage. This is a very good product but i'm not sure if it's worth the hefty pricetag. This does not doesn't accentuate lines, nor does it look cakey or obvious. It's actually very natural and radiant looking if you apply it right. It gives my eyes a huge boost and looks beautiful. I'm torn as to whether I should buy this again or not. I honestly don't think I can stray from this product, even though it doesn't cover my dark circles entirely. This really brightens up your eye area and whatever else you want to brighten up. It also covers dark circles a little bit, but not very much. Overall, it's a very good product, but it's just too expensive and doesn't last long enough. I'm going to try the other concealers by Dior and see if they or something else could replace my guilty love for the skinflash radiance booster pen. Although I doubt they will give the same luminous effect as this.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2011 11:14:00 PM More reviews by goddess701

Found this in with all my make up i never use. Impressive, good coverage and gives a little radiance. Blends really well and doesn't crease. I'm lovin it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2010 2:00:00 PM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is very similar to YSL's Touche Eclat but I actually think that Dior's version is better. I did not realize what a difference this made in my eye area until I ran out. In place of it I got Clarin's Version which kinda stinks for a Clarins product. Within 1 hour every line under my eye popped out. So I finally re bought the Dior version yesterday and I will be honest and say that I have never repurchased a Dior product except this one. As expensive as their products are, this is the one a keeper.

It does not completely camouflage everything, but it gives your eye area a huge boost, especially when you are sleep deprived and tired. a use a little Clarins smoothing concentrate and then this one top and My my eyes look wide awake. this is also great for highlighting your browbone and even camouflaging your naso-labial fold area, which at my age, is an issue. If you ahve really bad dark circles or they are hereditary, I doubt this will help you as it may not be enough coverage. But what I like about it is that it's not drying like most under eye concealers. It covers enough, makes me look more well rested whch is about all I ask for.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2010 4:07:00 AM More reviews by juicylucy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Somedays this makes me look gorgeous- days where my allergies aren't uglifying me, and my dark circles aren't all that pronounced. On those other days it isn't quite enough, though I still sometimes put a tiny bit over the top of a heavier concealer. On my oiled-skinned sister this stuff is magic in a pen- I always use it on her rather than concealer when I do her makeup, and use it on the upper lid as well and she looks well-rested and gorgeous.