September 1, 2014 | 1886 users online

Eye Shadow - Almay - Intense i-Color Trio for Blues

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2010 8:03:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I actually have hazel eyes but have been selling off all my MAC makeup as I have been finding alot of drugstore/pharmacy brands work just as well on me and are not as obvious that I am wearing makeup. The coffee brown shade in this quad is an exact dupe of MAC SATIN TAUPE. I would say get this if you love satin taupe and the deepest blue is actually a very wearable shade of grey/teal blue (what MACs BLUE EDGE should have been). Nice quality shadows just a shame about the packaging - I have the green trio also and both of these the shadow pans aren't very well glued in and are loose when you first open - cant complain decent amount of product for the price. Also the green trio is a good dupe for MAC HUMID.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/3/2010 1:50:00 AM More reviews by Danamaze

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really dislike this trio. I find that if anything, it does the opposite of what it's supposed to. It does not intensify blue eyes at all! It does not go on well at all, it will require a lot of packing on.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2009 2:53:00 PM More reviews by pookieb

The brown goes on really well but the two blues require some packing with a 217. I use the brown more than anything else and don't find the colours to really make my eyes pop that much.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2009 2:49:00 PM More reviews by MissHTinker

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I decided to try this stuff out since Ulta was having a sale on Almay cosmetics. I have a grey-blue-green eye color, hazel if it's bright outside (haha). So I can usually wear any colors meant for blue, green, or, on ocassion, hazel eyes. I wanted to bring out the blue in my eyes, which is probably a medium to clear blue. I was happily surprised with this product. The colors are well pigmented and they go on smooth and blend fairly well. I don't use the applicator enclosed; I use my own tools. I don't use the lightest blue unless I want a sheer cover over my lids for quick trips out of the house. I love the brown shade, which I use for the lid and crease. I put the navy in the crease as well, but not too much, just lightly. I find that this color combo is age appropriate and easy to use. I may just buy again ;)
My only peeve is that the colors don't go well all together. They look to disco and cheap.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2009 11:26:00 PM More reviews by britney54

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Pretty good eyeshadow, good for blue eyes. It's just "eh" though, nothing too special about it! The eyeshadows are smooth though, and go on well. But I won't be buying it again, only because I don't really wear eyeshadows anymore/prefer more natural looking eyeshadow now.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2009 6:39:00 PM More reviews by kimmypw1993

So I got this because I have blue eyes and that girl on the commercial did too and her eyes were like BAM! So I used it and its eh just okay. The dark blue and the light blue kind of washed the color out of my face. The brownish bronze looks pretty blended with other colors and its okay by itself. The color is semi vibrant. But it didn't bring out my eye color hardly. I won't buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2009 3:42:00 PM More reviews by kbugg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Almay has re-vamped this product to be more complimentary now that the blue eyeshadow is gone! I love the new colors, I ended up throwing out my old blue one b/c it looked 80's. But these newer colors are peachy, silvery-beige highlighter and a nice dark-neutral brown for the crease/liner - this combo really made my eyes stand out. I love how the colors all work together, something I couldn't achieve with other color combo's I've tried on my own.
You can achieve a day or evening look with these colors depending on how much you apply & blend. This made my eyes pop and look more defined, & therefore more blue. I love the darker brown as an eyeliner - just use a wet straight brush to define upper & lower lash line.
This is nice quality shadow for a drug store price.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2009 7:13:00 PM More reviews by ashmoe22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I was hoping that this product would make my eyes stand out like crazy. The blues both made me look like I was stuck in the 80's, but the brown is nice...it's the only color I still use. The blues just sit there because blue eyeshadow on my shade of blue eyes just doesn't work.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2008 7:47:00 PM More reviews by arl2267

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this product for like $3, and I am soooo happy I didn't pay full price for it! It is terrible! I felt like a clown after putting it on. I have fair skin and dark blue eyes and I looked awful on me. I don't think the colors work very well together, and that light blue color doesn't work as a highlighter. I only tried it once, and I'm too scared to play around with it to see if I can make it work, it's not even worth it. I would NOT recommend this to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2008 9:09:00 AM More reviews by Kieks39

I was interested to see how people felt about this product because I really like it, but the colors are intimidating at first. It seems like if you are truly truly fair skinned, this is to much color for you. But I have a average skin tone, not tan at all, not pasty either, and I actually have luck using this every day. I never use all three together - I think that is the key. The texture of these shadows is very smooth and silky and it has good pigmentation. I love the brown, it is a great everyday color to add some depth to your eyes, and I use all over the lid into the crease. I use the light blue in the corners of my lids to make things pop and add a little right above my lashes too. I make sure to blend this into the brown so it isn't too "disco". The navy is used in place of the brown when I feel it goes better with my overall look, but I never use all three together. I also used this for a wedding where I was a bridesmaid in a navy dress. I used the light blue all over the lids and black eyeliner... it was kind of risky but pastels are in for evening and everyone looooved my eyes, I got tons of compliments. I think the bottom line on this product is that it is a good product for a good price, great for everyday, but NOT for novices... you need to have some self-direction and know what you are doing when you use these colors, and not use them "as directed" with the light blue all the way up by your brows, or all three at once, because then you will get that scary disco look.