Avene Micellar Lotion Cleanser and Make-Up Remover

3.7

AVENE THERMAL SPRING WATER (AVENE AQUA). PENTYLENE GLYCOL. POLOXAMER 188. BISABOLOL. CETRIMONIUM BROMIDE. DISODIUM EDTA. FRAGRANCE (PARFUM). PEG/PPG-14/4 DIMETHICONE. PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE. PROPYLENE GLYCOL. SODIUM CHLORIDE

on 11/7/2013 1:11:00 PM

This micellar lotion feels nice on the skin and it smells well just like all Avene products, but if you're looking for something that removes makeup well I won't recommend it. I don't find it removes eye makeup properly. I use this product in the morning when my face is makeup free. If you're looking for a micellar lotion that removes well makeup I find nothing beats the Bioderma one for now!

on 10/22/2013 1:49:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I found this to be a nice, gentle makeup remover, but faced with a choice between this and Bioderma, I would only repurchase Bioderma. The Avene water just doesn't seem to be as effective in removing heavy makeup, and it leaves my skin feeling a bit greasy, so I have to wash it anyway. Whereas with the Bioderma I can remove my makeup and then go straight to the gym without having to rinse my face off.

Having said that, I used up the whole bottle and it certainly didn't have any negative affect on my skin, so I would give it a go if you don't have the option of Bioderma and want something similar.

on 7/27/2013 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

A few months ago I bought some Avene products to take with me on holiday. I bought the Micellar Lotion, the Eau termal spray, and some sunscreen creams 50+. Unfortunately I was extremely disappointed with some of these. The micellar lotion was completely ineffective to remove my make up which, being on holiday, consisted only of ordinary Maybelline mascara (no waterproof) and MAC paint pot. I had to pull and tug with really mediocre results. Most of the make up would only shift around and under the eye, rather than being dissolved. I hated it so much that the evening routine became a nightmare but being on holiday I didn't really have a shop nearby to get something else. I almost turned to soap!
I thought I had chosen one of the best brands on the market as for micellar lotion but compared to Bioderma which I had previously used, it was a complete let down. Considering that the Avene products are not cheap, it was even more disappointing.
As for the termal water, the spray nozzle became clogged and although there is still plenty of product in the can, it is impossible to activate the spray.
Personally, I will stick to my trusted Bioderma and just walk past the Avene range next time I'm in Boots.

on 7/11/2013 6:49:00 AM

I have one word for this product - AWFUL. It stings and removes nothing. It's like putting cleaning alcohol on your face! Very disappointed, definitely won't buy again.

on 6/28/2013 8:34:00 AM

I don't like this product at all.
It does a decent job as a make-up remover but there are much better ones on the market.
I hate how it feels on the skin - it kinda leaves some greasy film on your skin but I also feel like it dries my skin at the same time - I never experienced a product as bad as this, usually it's either too greasy or too drying, never both at the same time!
I have to rinse it off as soon as I'm done with make-up removing as I can't stand the feeling of this on my face!
Smell is OK, it's very subtle, like most of Avene products.

Sorry Avene - I like some of your moisturizers that I've tried, but this is really one of the worst things I've ever put on my face...Luckily I only got a 25ml sample and didn't waste my money on this terrible product!

on 6/2/2013 4:11:00 PM

I like the way it feels on my skin.. so soft and does not make my skin itchy or 'burned', only leaves that lovely feeling of freshness. I have sensitive and combination skin so a lot of products can cause rash or dry patches.

I don't use a lot of makeup so it's just mainly for 'fresh finish' cleaning and although I got only a small bottle of this product I will definitely buy it again!

on 5/18/2013 8:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'm still a bit confused how I feel about this product, prior to this I had used biotherm micellar water and although I loved how that made my skin feel I felt it was unreasonably expensive and didn't last very long.
This product doesn't have the same feel good squeaky clean feeling as biotherm version but it does do a good job at removing most make up. I think that a little bit would probably go quite far too, yet I can't seem to shake the habit of soaking the cotton pad (which I'm fairly certain is unnecessary!)

I won't rush back to buy this once its run out, I will however religiously continue to use micellar water as its a really innovative product. I'd definitely try to find a more natural version. I didn't realise quite how much 'stuff' was in this one. And sure, 'stuff' isn't exactly a technical description of what's in but there's a hell of a lot of unpronounceable words - which means I'd normally steer well clear of it.

on 2/11/2013 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

LOVE! Used this product for about 5 years. Can't live without it.

This gets all the makeup off your FACE (not eyes, seriously great for removing foundation, concelear, blush and lipstick but you need eye makeup remover for mascara and liner). I also use this as a "precleanser". I remove my eye makeup with Clinique Take The Day Off and then use a a cottan pad to use this product all over my face and neck then wash my face. The bottle says thatyou can leave it on your face but I don't. This stuff preps your face for proper cleansing with your cleanser. It's so gentle and not drying. Amazing product!

on 1/12/2013 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Iíve only ever started wearing makeup very recently, so this product is really my first ever Ďproperí makeup remover. I used green tea oil before, but that obviously aggravated my oily skin situation.

Iíve tried this for about a week now. It takes me about 2-3 cotton balls to wipe off makeup from my face, I think Iíll have to switch to facial pads for bigger coverage.

The good part is that it is non-drying, and it doesnít feel heavy.

One thing I noticed is it doesnít seem to lift off all my makeup, although it removes most of it. Normally, I wouldnít be bothered by it because I can wash off the remaining makeup, but the micellar lotion was designed as a no-rinse remover. I could just imagine the remaining makeup still on my face as I sleep, and that doesnít sit well with me.

I also felt that while it is non-drying and doesn't feel heavy, it seems a bit sticky. Again, nothing that a good rinse could solve, but because itís supposedly a non-rinse formula, I am pointing this out.

Some may find it a bit pricey.

Overall, Iím not totally into it. After I finish up the whole bottle, Iíll try another makeup remover and compare.

(This is the same review I did on my tumblr page.)

on 11/1/2012 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine

Surprised to see some negative reviews. So far I really love this product. I must admit I use it more as a toner rather than an all in one cleanser: I remove most of my make up first with cleansing cream then finish off with cotton wool soaked in micellar lotion. It has a lovely mild perfume and leaves my skin feeling clean and soft..