Avene Micellar Lotion Cleanser and Make-Up Remover

3.7

AVENE THERMAL SPRING WATER (AVENE AQUA). PENTYLENE GLYCOL. POLOXAMER 188. BISABOLOL. CETRIMONIUM BROMIDE. DISODIUM EDTA. FRAGRANCE (PARFUM). PEG/PPG-14/4 DIMETHICONE. PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE. PROPYLENE GLYCOL. SODIUM CHLORIDE

on 7/11/2013 6:49:00 AM

I have one word for this product - AWFUL. It stings and removes nothing. It's like putting cleaning alcohol on your face! Very disappointed, definitely won't buy again.

on 6/28/2013 8:34:00 AM

I don't like this product at all.
It does a decent job as a make-up remover but there are much better ones on the market.
I hate how it feels on the skin - it kinda leaves some greasy film on your skin but I also feel like it dries my skin at the same time - I never experienced a product as bad as this, usually it's either too greasy or too drying, never both at the same time!
I have to rinse it off as soon as I'm done with make-up removing as I can't stand the feeling of this on my face!
Smell is OK, it's very subtle, like most of Avene products.

Sorry Avene - I like some of your moisturizers that I've tried, but this is really one of the worst things I've ever put on my face...Luckily I only got a 25ml sample and didn't waste my money on this terrible product!

on 6/2/2013 4:11:00 PM

I like the way it feels on my skin.. so soft and does not make my skin itchy or 'burned', only leaves that lovely feeling of freshness. I have sensitive and combination skin so a lot of products can cause rash or dry patches.

I don't use a lot of makeup so it's just mainly for 'fresh finish' cleaning and although I got only a small bottle of this product I will definitely buy it again!

on 5/18/2013 8:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'm still a bit confused how I feel about this product, prior to this I had used biotherm micellar water and although I loved how that made my skin feel I felt it was unreasonably expensive and didn't last very long.
This product doesn't have the same feel good squeaky clean feeling as biotherm version but it does do a good job at removing most make up. I think that a little bit would probably go quite far too, yet I can't seem to shake the habit of soaking the cotton pad (which I'm fairly certain is unnecessary!)

I won't rush back to buy this once its run out, I will however religiously continue to use micellar water as its a really innovative product. I'd definitely try to find a more natural version. I didn't realise quite how much 'stuff' was in this one. And sure, 'stuff' isn't exactly a technical description of what's in but there's a hell of a lot of unpronounceable words - which means I'd normally steer well clear of it.

on 2/11/2013 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

LOVE! Used this product for about 5 years. Can't live without it.

This gets all the makeup off your FACE (not eyes, seriously great for removing foundation, concelear, blush and lipstick but you need eye makeup remover for mascara and liner). I also use this as a "precleanser". I remove my eye makeup with Clinique Take The Day Off and then use a a cottan pad to use this product all over my face and neck then wash my face. The bottle says thatyou can leave it on your face but I don't. This stuff preps your face for proper cleansing with your cleanser. It's so gentle and not drying. Amazing product!

on 1/12/2013 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Iíve only ever started wearing makeup very recently, so this product is really my first ever Ďproperí makeup remover. I used green tea oil before, but that obviously aggravated my oily skin situation.

Iíve tried this for about a week now. It takes me about 2-3 cotton balls to wipe off makeup from my face, I think Iíll have to switch to facial pads for bigger coverage.

The good part is that it is non-drying, and it doesnít feel heavy.

One thing I noticed is it doesnít seem to lift off all my makeup, although it removes most of it. Normally, I wouldnít be bothered by it because I can wash off the remaining makeup, but the micellar lotion was designed as a no-rinse remover. I could just imagine the remaining makeup still on my face as I sleep, and that doesnít sit well with me.

I also felt that while it is non-drying and doesn't feel heavy, it seems a bit sticky. Again, nothing that a good rinse could solve, but because itís supposedly a non-rinse formula, I am pointing this out.

Some may find it a bit pricey.

Overall, Iím not totally into it. After I finish up the whole bottle, Iíll try another makeup remover and compare.

(This is the same review I did on my tumblr page.)

on 11/1/2012 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine

Surprised to see some negative reviews. So far I really love this product. I must admit I use it more as a toner rather than an all in one cleanser: I remove most of my make up first with cleansing cream then finish off with cotton wool soaked in micellar lotion. It has a lovely mild perfume and leaves my skin feeling clean and soft..

on 9/29/2012 6:55:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got this in a set of Avene products for subscribing to a magazine. Not very impressed. It's the only Avene product I was sent that I really don't like. It doesn't even do a decent job at removing makeup, I used a Nivea cleansing wipe after and lots more came off.

The only use I've found for this is if I'm doing my makeup later in the day and want to 'freshen' my face up before putting on moisturizer. Def. won't be buying a bottle of this when it's gone....and with the little that I use it, it won't be gone for quite some time. The cleansing wet wipes that companies like Nivea and Olay put out are much better for removing your makeup prior to cleansing....and cheaper too.

on 5/28/2012 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Ugh! Doesn't work as a cleanser or makeup remover at all, even when I have the lightest of makeup on. I remember seeing this in a magazine as a good alternative to the bioderma (not available where I live) so it made me curious more than anything (I have not yet tried the bioderma). Big fail. Kinda just feels like applying slightly oily water to your face that doesn't remove much of anything. If doesn't leave my skin dry or tight feeling but it doesn't do what it claims either. I would skip this.

on 5/28/2012 9:31:00 PM

In a word: meh.
Pros: it does not irritate my skin. If I use it as a toner and not a make up remover, I feel it does the job.
Cons: although it did an ok job of taking off my make up, my face never felt CLEAN. It is pricey for what it does. Why, oh why, does Avene insist on putting fragrance in their products?
Although it is "ok" I don't think it adds anything to my skin care regime. I won't be buying again.
The woman at the higher end drug store where I buy my products says that Avene does not have as good of products as La Roche Porsay (see my other reviews). This is an "ok" product,