September 16, 2014 | 1953 users online

Mascara - Yves Saint Laurent - Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by MadeleineRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I gotta say this isn't worth the $55AUD. It's a nice mascara if lightly applied but it's nothing special in my opinion. I'll definitely use the rest of it but no repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2014 2:01:00 PM More reviews by alicehoy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

LOVE IT IT IS AMAZIG I CANNOT FAULT IT PERFECTION HG PRODUCTS

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2013 10:17:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

This is without a doubt the worst mascara I have ever used. I went to Sephora to pick up my beloved Shocking mascara and somehow ended up with this horrific creation. I noticed when I got home but decided to try it anyways because there was no way I was rushing right back to Sephora to exchange it and I needed mascara. This clumped my lashes together to no end....I have never full lashes and this made them look like I had about 3. The formula was way too wet and go literally everywhere when I was applying it and the tube does not take anywhere near enough product off of the brush for application. It smudges and because it puts so much product on my lashes, it makes them really heavy and they lose their curl about an hour in. Also I noticed a lot of other people saying this but by my third use of this, the bristles on the brush seemed to be very warped. For $42, this is a complete joke. Going to return in for Shocking asap.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2013 12:23:00 AM More reviews by cathykl

The formula is good and adds dramatic volume and length to my barely-there lashes. It can get a bit clumpy but this is easily solved with a lash comb.

BUT- Sadly, the cons are just too much for me to ever repurchase or even recommend to anyone:

a) It literally dries out faster than any other mascara I have ever used in my life (and I'm talking like less than a month - I keep seeing this in other reviews, and I also exchanged mine at YSL thinking perhaps it was old but the new one was the same)
b) Having slightly hooded eyes, this mascara smudged & flaked a lot and constantly throughout the day.
c) Irritates my eyes, likely from the added fragrance in this mascara. I can't use products that are heavily-scented on a daily basis because it is too irritating my my skin and eyes. It made me want to constantly rub my eyes by the 2nd day of use. Not good at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2013 12:07:00 AM More reviews by cherrycherries

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Hands down the best mascara I have ever tried and I can tell you I have tried EVERY major brand out there. I already have naturally long and thick eyelashes, but people always comment me on my eyelashes when i am wearing this.

I agree with other reviews that it is a little drying and the bottle does seem to run out quite quickly as the formulation starts to dry up. But I still am happy to keep replacing this as I dont feel like i look like 'me' without it and havent been able to find another mascara that even comes close.

I would also advise not to buy the 'noir radical' colour and buy the 'high density black' instead. Noir radical seemed to be impossible to remove at the end of the day.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wanted to love this mascara so bad.. But as it turned out its a semi mascara which dries VERY FAST and I don't like that.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2013 12:45:00 AM More reviews by CarlieJacobsLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was recommended to me by the Sales Asst, she said I'd never buy anything else after trying this and she was right - for about 4 weeks and then when I took the brush out of the tube, all the bristles were flat against the wand and the mascara was unusable. What a waste of $16, I should have taken it back and complained.
But the packaging IS very glam!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2013 1:56:00 PM More reviews by Daddysgirl1

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is great even if you have thin eyelashes the consistency is not to heavy, yet it makes your lashes look so natural and full. Try this out. I gave it a 5 for price because it is worth the higher price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2013 9:02:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

The mascara seems to deliver the false lash effect since it does thicken and lengthen your lashes. The product is more suitable for evening wear.
Yet there are a few disadvantages: the brush looks messy and can easily mess your lashes up if you do not remove excess product from the wand. Also some mess is easily created around your eyes. Besides, the tube dries out pretty soon which is a shame since the mascara is not a cheap one. Another downside is the volume. It's not the most generous tube - 7.5 ml only, so keep in mind.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2013 6:07:00 AM More reviews by zoeclare1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love love love this mascara. Have previously worked for Ysl and had loads of these :). I find best when wiggled at the base and pull upwards. Another tip is don't pump the brush in and out of the tube as this makes the mascara clump and too thick on the brush. Just pop the brush into the tube to load and then pull out. Gives lovely full thick lashes. I admit it does transfer slightly onto the upper eye beneath the brow but mine is probably to do with the make up I wear as it will transfer onto anything oily.