Yves Saint Laurent Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils

3.9

AQUA (WATER) . PARAFFIN . STEARIC ACID . CERA CARNAUBA . TRIETHANOLAMINE . CERA ALBA (BEESWAX) . C10-30 CHOLESTEROL/LANOSTEROL ESTERS . NYLON-12 . STEARYL STEARATE . PHENOXYETHANOL . HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE . EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX . DIMETHICONE . PARFUM (FRAGRANCE) . TITANIUM DIOXIDE . TOCOPHERYL ACETATE . METHYLPARABEN . ADIPIC ACID/DIETHYLENE GLYCOL/GLYCERIN CROSSPOLYMER . PANTHENOL . VP/ EICOSENE COPOLYMER . BEHENIC ACID . SORBITAN STEARATE . PEG-40 STEARATE . ALGAE EXTRACT . ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE . BUTYLPARABEN . ETHYLPARABEN . ISOBUTYLPARABEN . PROPYLPARABEN . [ /- MAY CONTAIN : CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES) . CI 77499 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 75470 (CARMINE) . CI 77491 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 77019 (MICA) . CI 77742 (MANGANESE VIOLET) . CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) . CI 77492 (IRON OXIDE) . CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE . CI 19140 (YELLOW 5 LAKE) . CI 42090 (BLUE 1 LAKE) . CI 77000 (ALUMINUM POWDER) . CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE) . CI 77289 (CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN) . CI 77510 (FERRIC FERROCYANIDE) . CI 77288 (CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS) . SILICA . “3YY07-1“ . ]

on 11/5/2014 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I treated myself to a kit containing this mascara, an eye liner and an eye makeup remover for my birthday. I really like mascara and... well, being my favourite makeup item sometimes I like to splurge a little... Even though I recently found some amazing L'oreal mascaras (review coming soon) that will make me think twice about splurging again.

This mascara comes in a delightful golden tube. It is very user friendly and one coat is all I need to make my already long and dark eye lashes look super long, super black and super voluminous. Gorgeous! Two coats would look great too, but one is enough. Resisted incredibly well through the beach and generally hot summer. Did not survive swimming in the pool, but then again it is not waterproof so I didn't expect it to.

Only downside: even though I cleaned the brush with a tissue every week, it still dried up really fast and lasted me only two months with daily use. It then became really dry and I had to throw it. My L'oreal mascara lasts me three months and costs less than half the price, so that was disappointing.

I would recommend this mascara if you want to splurge and go for the luxurious experience. If you are on a budget or are conscious of your spending, I would try L'oreal (the one with the purple tube, sorry I cannot remember the name but I will put a review up soon). Even though this mascara is fantastic, I probably won't buy again due to the price.

on 10/22/2014 12:49:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

So i got a sample of this mascara when i bought the fusion ink foundation. I am probably one of the pickiest people when it comes to my lashes you will find. They must be perfect, otherwise I will be unhappy about the way I look the whole day. I usually wear either the a chanel mascara, or one from maybelline to achieve very long dramatic lashes. My lashes are fairly long from beforehand, so I want something that helps me enhance that. This mascara is friggin amazing. I used it without an eyelashcurler to see how it did on its own, and the result is amazing. My lashes got so long without clumping, and with an amazing volumized effect. I also like to layer my mascara without it clumping for maximized effect, and this did just that. I do recommend to get a sample before buying it, however this really was that good making it look like i had false lashes on. Really recommend! (I also think how you apply it has something to do with how it looks, just to bear that in mind).

Not impressed. Made my lashes stick together and clump. Didn't do anything for my lashes. Wont repurchase

on 8/4/2014 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I love how this mascara looks, but it refuses to stay on my face. I usually don't get raccoon eyes from mascara, as I'm not oily, but this stuff just melts. I still have perfect, black, thick, feathery lashes with it on -- but I also have a beautiful black line under my eyes. I usually put Clarins Double Fix over the top of it to prevent this, but having to double up on expensive products is just not any fun.

Also, this formula starts out very wet and dries up a bit within a couple weeks. I prefer a drier formula so this works for me but if you like your mascara to stay watery or if you don't use it very often then this one's not for you.

on 5/17/2014 3:00:00 PM

I got this with a Neiman Marcus gift card. It's the first/only YSL product I've ever purchased (I have a Baby Doll Lashes sample, but that's it). It's hella expensive-- $30. It's definitely worth it. I would repurchase it, but I have yet to talk myself into that.

It's housed in a sleek gold tube with YSL on the cap. It smells like rose petals and applies like a dream. It's not clumpy and the tip of the brush is perfect for fanning out your lashes. They look fake, but natural enough to get away with. They don't look clumpy or spidery. I like long eyelashes, but I want volume more than anything else. This mascara gives me both.

Unfortunately, this comes with a hefty price tag. I'm currently using the NYX Doll Lash Volume mascara and I'm on my second tube and I'm running out. It gives a similar soft, voluminous, lengthening effect at a fraction of the price.

I'm still debating whether to repurchase the YSL mascara, as I'm 16 and I don't have a job. I can see myself buying it at some point in the future.

on 5/17/2014 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I surprisingly really like this mascara. I got it in duty free in a duo pack. I LOVE the packaging. It looks very luxurious as I expect from an expensive company. I this the price point is not TOO BAD for the company. I would like to add that I am willing to pay more for something if it is worth the price and it does everything I need it too. I am always looking for potential HG products! I have a lot of issues with a lot of makeup. This has not caused me any issues, luckily. I do have VERY watery eyes and this did not smudge on me, like a lot of cheaper mascaras do. This reminds me of the L’oreal Voluminous Cologne mascara. However it is less voluminous and more natural and lengthening. The L’oreal one does clump a lot more. I don’t have high hopes for many drugstore items, and there is almost always a high end better version, I think this is it. I don’t think this will be my HG product as I am not in love. But my eyes do look great with just this and some bb cream, blush and bronzer!

on 3/25/2014 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Got a sample tube of this. Immediately, I noticed it had a floral scent, and I hate mascaras that have a perfumey scent added to them. It applied well, and added length and volume, but began to irritate my eyes. Also, it smudged. Into the trash this goes.

on 3/7/2014 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Not really a fan of this mascara, it separates eye lashes nicely and is easy to apply but doesn't longate the eye lashes as much as it should. They always look nice but to short, very buildable to many coats and you get clumpy lashes.

on 2/16/2014 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Every time I blinked, more mascara transferred from my upper lashes to my undereye area. I should have just smeared it there to start with. Worst mascara I have ever used.

on 2/10/2014 9:37:00 PM

$30 USD. Oh, Effet Faux Cils, I had such great hopes for you! I tried this in regular and waterproof formula, and both were horrible. I have short, straight, sparse Asian lashes and am looking to replace Maybelline Lash Stylist that added mega volume and length to my lashes. I'm so sad this didn't work on me - the gold tube is dazzling and makes my dressing table look very glamorous. However: (1) it took down the curl; (2) brush did not coat my lashes at all - it was worse than the mega plush; (3) it smudged SOOO badly someone at work asked me about 10 am or so whether I had been crying - I got to work at 9 am that day and had not been crying and had put on the waterproof version that morning; and (4) it added neither length nor volume. Back it goes!