October 22, 2014 | 2065 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Christina

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2010 10:28:00 AM More reviews by PositivelyRadiant

I just bought this product at Sephora after trying on several shades. First and foremost, you should NEVER buy lipsticks without trying them on first. Sephora's color shade on the website doesn't look like the lipstick at all. The lipstick really looks like a blue-based red with flecks of gold. It's not a harsh red and works great with my skin tone. I'm relatively fair with pink/neutral undertones, dark brown hair, and brown eyes. I love holiday reds but the only other red lipstick I had was MAC's Dubonnet, which is a very dramatic red (great if you're a vampire for Halloween but not too great when you're doing Christmas parties with the family). I've received lots of compliments on this color already. It wears pretty well and I only needed to do minor touch-ups throughout the day. I wear MAC's Clear Lipglass over it to give it some punch, but it also wears fine on its own. As for lip liners, I've tried MAC's lip pencil in Hover and Lancome's in Natural Mauve. They don't really match the lipstick but work, nonetheless.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2010 4:35:00 PM More reviews by fivezero

OK fine, I only bought this because its name is very close to mine. :P It's a pretty berry color on me, maybe a touch too cool for my warm skintone. But it is sort of overly frosty for my taste...I'm quite anti-frost, though. Ugh, back to Mac O for me. Christina will be demoted to a layering shade only.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2010 1:26:00 PM More reviews by ncgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Don't let Christina fool you --- it isn't just another frosty berry lippie! It will probably look different on different levels of pigment in lips, but I am in love with this one! On me, it gives my fair skin such a lift and brings my whole face to life - especially my green eyes. It isn't too shimmery and doesn't seem to dry out on me. The beautiful rip e iced raspberry color is just gorgeous. I think this would be on those lipsticks that could wind up being any woman over 40's "best friend". This is a sleeper shade, but such a real winner!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/16/2010 9:32:00 PM More reviews by AWilliams87

Hate to leave negative reviews, but there is nothing nice about this color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2009 1:47:00 PM More reviews by Conny68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I totally overlooked this in the past...then one day I decided to try it on at the counter and ...tah dah...love at first sight!!
NARS describe it as "golden raspberry" and I do not think the description matches the shade - it is far more complex than this: it's quite unique, difficult to pin point.
Sometimes it looks like a peachy bronze, sometimes like a light berry with golden shimmer, sometimes it's a deep shimmery rose. The formula is satin and contrarily to a lot of people, I don't find it drying.
For people who have NARS Flair and wonder how it compare to Christina , Flair has more red in it and is more of a berry shade. I am NC20 with pigmented lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2009 5:05:00 PM More reviews by ahhhttack

Love this so much. It is a frosty raspberry color with some gold shimmer. It is very similar to NARS Beautiful Liar finish and formula wise, which is my other absolute favorite lipstick. It goes on creamy and smooth but it does dry, meaning that it has staying power. I can see how it can be drying on the lips, in fact it dries almost like a matte lipstick (it isn't, obviously; remember it has a frosty finish). I don't mind the dryness at all (in fact that's what makes it stay on my lips a lot longer than a less drying lippie), but if it bothers anyone just put a bit of clear gloss or balm on top. The color is to die for and looks awesome on me (MUFE F&B 20). I love pairing it with NARS Crazed blush, and Taos blush would look awesome too. Check it out!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2009 4:14:00 PM More reviews by eurodivas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very beautiful satin lipstick with Raspberry and gold shimmer. Unlike some other reviewers, this lipstick does not go dry on me as the day goes by. I had this problem with Beautiful Liar but not this one. As I have dark pigmented lips, the gold in this lipstick becomes more of a high bronze. I do not layer this with lipgloss like I do with many of my NARS lipsticks. The color is so special and unique I am afraid that it would not be the same. Also the shimmer in the lipstick adds enough shine that one does not need an added gloss. Perfect as it.

I will definitely buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2008 3:58:00 AM More reviews by luv2smilexo

I am slightly biased on this lipstick as i mostly bought it for the name (my name is christina). However, I was pleasantly surprised when i used it for the first time. It is a beautiful raspberry color with gold shimmer. It looks very sophisticated and can be dressed up or down. The formula went on smooth and perfectly pigmented. Of course, I love nars packaging so I loved that too. The only reason I took off a lippie is because it can be a bit drying. I like to put it on over lip balm but that does reduce the staying power. It stays FOREVER without the balm. I will be purchasing it again as I am in love with the name and the color :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2008 5:35:00 PM More reviews by youdroppedabalmonme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I keep lemming this shade and trying it on when I'm at Sephora and Bigelow's... haven't bought it yet b/c NARS lippies are so, so costly, but this is definitely one of those "wowza" colors you simply won't find anywhere else (as opposed to the true reds, pinky browns, etc., that everyone has a version of). In the tube, Christina looks like a golden bronze, but upon application you find a strong, vivid raspberry-rose base tone that combines with the gold shimmer to form a gorgeous, very frosty deep copper-red. It actually reminds me of MAC "O" in that it has hidden tones you can't see in the stick itself. Unlike "O," Christina's underlying tones are vivid deep pink rather than plum. This looks great on me (PPP redhead) and I can also see it looking incredible on women of color.

**Edit 1/08: While at Sephora and lemming this lippie (which I assumed no other line could duplicate), I found an *exact* duplicate in the Sephora-brand line for $6 on sale!
It's #89. I actually prefer the formula to NARS'; it's more smooth and even.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2007 11:47:00 PM More reviews by NARSATTACKS

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This reached HG status immediately. I'm a huge fan of Nars lip products and this is no exception. It's a perfect mid raspberry with gold shimmer/frost. Some people may have problems with this lipstick being dry, fortunately I don't. It lasts for hours without touch ups as do all Nars lipsticks with me. I highly recommend.