LUSH Angels on Bare Skin

3.9

Ground Almonds Glycerine Kaolin Water (Aqua) Lavender Oil Rose Absolute Chamomile Blue Oil Tagetes Oil Benzoin Resinoid Lavender Flowers *Limonene *Linalool

on 1/27/2015 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I got a pot of this as I fancied a change from my usual lush cleanser - "herbalism". I found that it does cleanse my skin to a degree but not as well as I was hoping. It doesn't have much texture to it so i felt the need to really scrub it to get my face clean. I have combination skin and found that my cheeks and forehead which are quite medium to dry were left soft and fresh, my nose which can be quite oily felt coated and my chin, which is the only even skin area on my face broke out the day after I used it. Not impressed! I'd reccomend this for people with quite dry skin as I didn't feel the need to moisturise after using this cleanser, it seems a little bit too nourishing for me!

on 1/8/2015 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This product did wonders for my skin! It cleared it, gently exfoliated it and made it feel as soft as a baby's bottom. The only downsides are that it does leave some residue on your skin, I have to use another cleanser after using this which is quite wasteful. This product is also rather pricey considering how much you're getting but I guess it's worth it seeing that it is all natural.

I like that this product is natural. I notice that I got even fairer than before after using this product. The bad thing however is exfoliating everyday.
I too had problems with the broken capillaries and over exfoliation. My face doesn't hurt but there is some after effect. I had very dry and itchy skin from my acne cream, the cleanser it does help calm my skin a little in the beginning. After a few weeks it seem that I started having break outs.
The cleanser leaves the areyousureyouhavewashedyourface feeling.

I might try this again when my face gets better as I am suffering from a major breakout.

on 1/5/2015 2:24:00 PM

I have combo/oily skin that dries out during the winter months. I ordered this on a whim as I'm unable to sample or physically see any LUSH products IRL. I enjoy the slight exfoliation this provides, but I'm really not a fan of the film it leaves on my skin afterwards. I like my skin to feel fresh and clean and this makes it feel like I should re-wash with a different cleanser. Even when my skin is on the drier side, it still feels filmy to me.

Since I'm currently pregnant, I've repurposed this product as a belly scrub. I've noticed a few small breakouts on my growing belly and the gently exfoliation plus hydration seems to be working well for this use.

WARNING: If you have sensitive, pale or thin skin, do not buy! This was my first cleanser and it worked like a dream, until 4 months later. I started finding broken capillaries and veins on my face, and my face was dry and round from all the exfoliation. any exfoliation is still exfoliation!

on 12/27/2014 1:34:00 AM

Pros- good ingredients, fresh, cruelty-free, exfoliates softly, makes skin really soft and glowing, smells nice.

Cons- can get messy, a little too pricey, expires quicker. Also I use it in the shower and water gets in the cleanser making it gooey at the end.

Overall- I really liked this cleanser. It felt really nice rubbing this into my skin, and it was very gentle. The natural oils of this cleanser left my face soft and glowing.

on 12/8/2014 6:10:00 AM

This was my 1st Lush product ever, & I got this during my stressful university years when I was constantly breaking out. The smell was soothing, but the consistency took a while to get used to. It didn't foam up, & the bits & pieces that littered my sink post-wash made me guilty of how much product I was wasting. To be fair, it did sort of control my breakouts, & I remember being less oily whenever I used this. However, I found that this spoils/get molds easily so in the long run wasn't a practical/sustainable choice for a facial wash.

on 12/6/2014 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This brakes me out really bad! It leaves an oil film on your skin, wich some would like, some would hate..

on 12/6/2014 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this product I tried it a few times before i finally gave up on it. Broke me out so bad

on 11/26/2014 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Got this as a sample when I ordered Lush's No Drought Dry Shampoo. It came in a little pot sample which doesn't bother me as the regular packaging on their website is pretty much the same. Thinking rationally, there really is no better way to package this cleanser. I looked at the ingridients and feared the oils would break my sensitive, dry, acne prone-face out but afterwards my skin is left so soft, massive pores unclogged and redness reduced significantly. I always dampen my face/neck first then apply this to different areas to be cleansed and the result is worth buying the 3 oz size off of their website. The scent is just an added bonus---> very minty fresh! Have found my HG cleanser :)