LUSH Angels on Bare Skin

3.9

Ground Almonds Glycerine Kaolin Water (Aqua) Lavender Oil Rose Absolute Chamomile Blue Oil Tagetes Oil Benzoin Resinoid Lavender Flowers *Limonene *Linalool

on 5/13/2015 8:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I bought this product upon recommendation of a friend that does my glycolic acid peels. She claimed it would be the most gentle way to deal with the initial breakout. I was put off by the price but she also claimed it would last a long time. I have used it twice now. The first time my face got a little blotchy for about 5 minutes but felt smooth and supple. I used it this morning for the second time. I got less irritation this time and my face feels fresh and smooth. My skin is very sensitive so the irritation was probably due to 1. The new product and 2. The slight abrasiveness of the ground almonds in the cleanser. Pretty happy with the initial results. No new breakouts so far. I have hard time finding good cleanser so hopefully this works for the long run.

on 5/8/2015 3:54:00 AM

Aah my true love! Lol <33 this is my holy grail cleanser/exfoliater. I cannot explain how relieved I was to finally find something that didn't make my dry/flaky/red/sensitive skin worse. It is a bit messy to use and takes some getting used to. I'm not sure if it removes makeup well, I always remove my makeup first with Ponds Cold Cream or Lush's Ultra Bland. So after I remove my makeup, I use this. It leaves my skin soft, NOT TIGHT. Some people like tight, I get it. But to me, tight=drier more irratated skin. This literally makes my face glow. Not to mention I adore the smell of this. I cannot say enough good things about this wonderful product.

on 4/20/2015 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

My skin: Sensitive, acne prone, only oily in tzone but breakout along jawline and cheeks mostly.

About a year ago I used a lot but for some reason I just wanted to try new stuff and stopped using it. I just repurchased this last week and my skin has already improved so much. This really cleans out clogged pores and its so soft and gentle it feels like a spa treatment. I had this one little pimple under my skin for weeks and after one use of this it finally came to the surface and I can treat it better now. The best thing is that it leaves my skin very smooth. My dry-flakiness is gone and my makeup goes on perfectly now. I highly recommend this cleanser to anyone with sensitive skin or combination skin. I never breaking up with it again, wish I never did!

Angles on Bare skin is one of the best acne and facial products i have ever used.
I recommend this to anyone withe sensitive skin.
I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE ITTTTTTTTTTTTT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on 3/17/2015 7:51:00 PM

My skin (feel free to skip reading this part): sensitive, dry with oily t-zone, mild hormonal acne at hairline and forehead.

I have been using this cleanser since November, using a total of three containers. I have had an amazing experience with this cleanser and frequently receive complements on my skin because of the benefits of this product. Its pleasant scent of lavender is quite calming and my very sensitive skin was never irritated by the formula composed of mostly essential oils. It provides enough exfoliation so that I no longer exfoliate using Cure once a week like I did in the past. I used to break out once a month, but now break out every 2-3 months. My skin looks less greasy throughout the day and has reached a porcelain-like clarity: I don't struggle with bumpiness and hyper pigmentation anymore.

Pros: visible change in condition of skin, nice scent, vegan, natural ingredients, non-irritating

Cons: Due to the lack of preservatives, one has to repurchase frequently. Also, towards the expiration date, it tends to get VERY SOGGY, which is rather unsanitary and creates a breeding ground for bacteria. I used to use it in the shower, but I would recommend to keep it out of the shower and only use it at the sink. If you take hot showers like I do, avoid storing the cleanser in your bathroom when showering. Also, the packaging requires that you touch the cleanser in the container to apply it, which is sort of germy.

Overall: Really nice cleanser :) Have recommended it to friends and they have liked it as well!

on 3/12/2015 4:14:00 PM

I have been looking to purchase gentle, chemical-free and cruelty-free facial products. I have combination skin, and it's also very sensitive.
Most cleansers, no matter how gentle they claim to be, always dry out my skin and make it feel very tight. Even Chagrin Valley's soaps did the same. And their soaps are organic, handmade, and are moisturizing. I do love Chagrin Valley, but their soaps made my face dry.

I just got this yesterday--and maybe I'm being a bit hasty here--but this was extremely gentle on my face. I was worried it was going to be too gritty, but it wasn't at all. The smell was lovely, and it didn't dry out my skin at all. I was shocked and very pleased. I will update after further use. My only complaint is that the expiration date is only in a month and a half. I love this, because it really means they're using fresh products. I really appreciate that. But I hate it because it'll probably expire before I run out! I'd rather be using fresh products, though, so I'll just suck it up.

on 3/7/2015 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I have mostly dry sensitive skin and some psoriasis spots and was on the hunt for a more natural and mild exfoliator for my skin. I read the great reviews and decided to try this on impulse even though it was quite pricey. I love it! It left my skin soft, smooth and moisturized without any irritation. I was able scrub around my t zone without causing the psoriasis areas feeling raw. I find the smell therapeutic too. On the downside, this product causes a mess. I only use it when I'm on the shower, and never over the sink. The short best before period is also a con as I don't think I was able to finish it without purposely using it as a body scrub.

on 2/18/2015 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is a lovely exfoliator that I've repurchased several times. I'm not sure why this is marketed as a cleanser as this has no cleansing properties. This is a thick paste with soft scrubbing granules (made of ground almonds) that you add water to and use. It leaves the skin feeling soft and smooth, also getting rid of flakes. Now, I have extremely dry, sensitive skin due to chronic medical conditions and what I love most about this scrub is that it leaves the skin moisturized. I only have a problem with the packaging because water tends to get into it and it gets kind of gross, but just be careful and you'll be fine. It's my HG exfoliator and I recommend it to everyone no matter what skin type.

on 2/15/2015 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

HOLY GRAIL CLEANSER! Here's a little backstory; I had never bought anything from Lush before, but I was having a lot of problems with my skin (reminding me of my early high school days when it was really bad) so I wanted to try something fresh and natural for a change. I spoke to the employee and she asked me about my skin and I told her I was extreme combination, because my nose would get disgustingly oily (foundation doesn't stay on my nose no matter what I do, that's how bad it is) and the rest of my face would be so dry that skin would start peeling off and looking cracked and scaly. She told me that maybe my skin wasn't oily, and that it might be dehydrated because I was using so many harsh things to dry it out. She gave me a sample of AOB and I used it every single day for the next five days and as soon as it was done, I went straight back to Lush to get the full-sized version. Let me explain why.

*Price: Reasonable, relative to Lush prices. I always expect to pay a little more for natural ingredients.
*Packaging: Standard. Very cute, too. I like the little sticker that tells you who packaged it for you, when they did so, and when it'll expire.
*Product: At first the smell was a bit off to me, but now I'm addicted to it. It's a gentle-mild exfoliating cleanser that is NOT a makeup remover, so you do need to take your makeup off before using this. I always use a wipe. Because the base is ground almonds, adding water creates a sort of almond milk that really hydrates. Some people say it leaves a film on their skin, but I sort of like that, because it's soft and smooth, not thick and greasy.
*Positives: After washing my face with other products, my face always felt tight and dry like it would crack if I even opened my mouth. After washing with this, it feels so plump and good, I sometimes skip moisturizing. The rose in it really does calm the redness around my nose and I am noticing that it's helping with my blackheads.
*Negatives: Some people have complained that the shelf life of this product is too short (4 months). However, I only bought the little tub, and I know that if I continue to use it every day like I've been doing, it will last me the 4 months, if not less. You don't need a lot. Another thing is that people have said it broke them out after using it for a while. I don't have particularly sensitive skin so I can't speak for that - yet. I'm breaking out a little around the chin, but that's likely hormonal due to my upcoming time of the month (sorry, TMI!), but I'll come back and edit this review if anything changes.

Overall, I do love this cleanser. While it did not cure my oily nose, it did save the dry patches over the rest of my face, my redness, and my blackheads. I don't leave it in the shower because I don't want to get the container damp, I heard it goes moldy - I just take some in my palm and hop into the shower and wash my face first thing. This is how I use it; I break off a large pea-sized amount and put it in my palm, then put a little warm water over it. I use my fingers to crush it into a paste and then work in sections on my damp face, scrubbing and applying more as I go. This is how you avoid wasting too much product from it falling off the face if you apply it straight onto the face and try to rub it in that way. Then I do another once-over scrub of whatever is left on my hands and wash it off. I use it every day, usually twice, and I've never had any problems with it being too harsh for my skin. If you're skeptical, at least try a sample!

on 2/7/2015 12:48:00 PM

having combination skin, i started to get psoriasis on my chin and cheeks. after googling a lot of natural cures, i found lots of reviews that this is gentle, exfoliating and also non drying for psoriasis. I bought a tub for $15 in Australia and it has cured my face. no more psoriasis!!!

The only negative is that I dont like the packaging in the tub, and you have about 2 months before it goes off. However given the results and that its all natural i would definitely repurchase again to use as a facial scrub.