December 22, 2014 | 1731 users online

Masks - Got 2 Be - In Your Face Pure Intent Clay Masque

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2008 12:27:00 AM More reviews by oasdus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This cost about $4 at the grocery store, which ironically, was the only place in my little town that had a good mask selection. Anyway, when I first opened it , liquid came running out, so I assume it had been on the shelf long enough to separate. I shook it up best I could and applied it to a clean face. It spread easily. I was suprised at the scent, which was something like men's cologne and smelled good to me. Not sure why they didn't use a fruity scent. I assume they are going for a unisex appeal. The design on the bottle is rather guy-friendly too. It didn't take much to cover my face, avoiding the eye area. Within seconds, this began to burn and sting my face, but after a few minutes as the mask hardened, the pain subsided (!) Granted, I use Retin-A, so my skin is a bit sensitive. After this hardened, I laid a warm, wet washcloth on my face and then gently wiped the mask off. This mask made my skin red. I rinsed with warm and then cold water. I feel that this mask is best for oily types or those who have combo skin just for the oily parts. Next time, I will definitely just apply it to the forehead, nose, across upper cheeks and chin, my large pore areas. It really sucks the oil out. I doubt I will repurchase once this is used up, but it's gonna take a long time to use. I prefer Montagne Jeunesse Dead Sea Anti-Stress Mud Masque (another drugstore product) to this one. It also dries, but doesn't burn and just seems more gentle yet as effective for smoothing, blackhead removing, etc.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2007 8:56:00 AM More reviews by icarle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A great great mask....Cheap and efficient!
I use it twice a week after exofiliating and it leaves my skin clear and even, for several days!
I tried other masks containing kaolin clay, and this is the best!
Only little negative: after a while it is hard to squeeze the product out of the "tube". the packaging is not practical at all and I have to clean my sink afterwards but it doesn't really matter!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2007 1:39:00 AM More reviews by sanasaa85

This mask really soaked up the oil on my face!! It is so inexpensive and really does work.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2007 12:26:00 AM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

Cheap and easy to apply. It made my skin very matte and I don't need to blot my extremely oily skin throughout the day when I use this mask regularly. I do NOT like the smell but I only have to put up with the scent for 10 minutes so that's fine, and I also do not like the 'tingly/burning' sensation that it has for the few 2 minutes or so. All in all it does a great job of getting rid of oil and making my skin smooth and I will repurchase.
Edit: after using this product for about 2 months, once a week i started breaking out VERY badly. My skin cleared up after I discontinued use, I don't know if I will give it another try.
2nd Edit: I need to stop trying to make this stuff work for me I break out every time I use it now, I am just too desperate to find something to get rid of the oil! I am bumping this down to 1 lippy.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2007 9:09:00 PM More reviews by lindylu22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product does make my skin feel smooth and clean but.... I don't like the smell, I do not like how it burns my skin (well, I kinda like it because I can feel it doing something), and it is hard to get out of the bottle. I don't think I would purchase again. It is not a horrible mask, but it just wasn't too special either. Just mediocre.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2007 1:41:00 AM More reviews by Kamee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didn't really use masks before this so I don't really have much to compare to, but i felt that I needed a mask to help firm up my pores and suck up all the oil. So far, this has helped with the oil, but I haven't seen much difference in my pores. I started using this not too long ago so I can't tell much of a difference.

Also, I don't really like the packaging. It is kind of tough to squeeze the mask out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2007 6:39:00 PM More reviews by RedNailz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried using this on my whole face and found that it made my skin feel unpleasantly tight. I now use it only on my forehead, and it does seem to cut down on the oiliness. However, I won't repurchase just to use on one area of my face.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2007 1:50:00 AM More reviews by chiodancrgrl23

Hmmmm not sure if it is helping or not. I have used this mask 3-4 times. I only use it on my nose and the area around my nose because that is where my blackheads seem to be. That's the whole reason I purchased this product...to get rid of my blackheads. I think this product might be bringing some of them to the surface on my nose. One thing that bothers me is the smell of this mask. It does have a men's cologne smell to it. Since this mask is for your face, and more than likely used by women, you would think they would use a different fragrance. You do get a lot of product for the money. I bought this at Ulta.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2007 9:47:00 PM More reviews by bagella

This is an OK mask. Personally, it didn't really do anything. It stings like hell when it's on though. I have combination skin and only use this when my skin is VERY oily, which happens rarely, probably like twice a year. And when my skin is very oily and I use it, it helps to absorb oil. But it really stings when it's on. Afterwords, sometimes my skin looks amazing, sometimes it looks the same. That's why I'm undecided. Overall, I'll never buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2007 8:50:00 AM More reviews by ankaz

This is a GREAT mask!! Itís very smooth and has a pleasant (IMO anyway) scent that lightly resembles a manís cologne. This mask makes my skin brighter and closes the pores. It also temporarily absorbs skin oils.
I just love how my skin feels afterwards. And my makeup looks so much better.
I use it 2-3 times a week and sometimes add 5 dissolved aspirins to exfoliate a bit.