October 24, 2014 | 1697 users online

Lips - Shiseido - Water in Lip

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2010 12:09:00 AM More reviews by Annagraham

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Amazingly smooth, amazingly soft, amazingly sheer. Nice shine, especially from a lip balm! In the winter, I find that most balms are hard to apply because the cold weather hardens them. Water In Lip is soft and easy to apply no matter what the weather is like! This product only has one flaw: it wears off too quickly. Aside from that, I love it, and the kawaii packaging is a plus!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2009 1:58:00 AM More reviews by jun109

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite lip balm of all time. I find most lip balm too thick / oily / sticky / does not hydrate but not this. Shiseido Water in Lip is light weight, hydrating, not oily or sticky (despite the nice shine) or taste weird. i've tried the normal version and that gets me hooked to the texture. i am currently using their limited edition (for this year?) cherry blossom version which comes with a nice pink shimmer, and yet a soft minty afterfeel (barely noticable, not the intense - super minty feel like Burt's Bee) - no taste and a super cute pink packaging. thumbs up for the SPF.

some past lip balm i've tried (in comparison to this lip balm):

neutrogena - not hydrating, quite hard, too waxy.
za - taste "sour" to me. not hydrating as well.
mentholatum - too waxy, and the peppermint water in lip which i buy is too strong.
nivea / lip ice - abit oily, and not hydrating. doesn't give me the "omh" factor to repurchase.
burt's bee - too minty, does not hydrate, and somehow makes my lips peel really bad although i do want to like it.
mls - nice favours, but i find it too oily.

the only thing is this lip balm is not available in singapore. i need to get from hongkong/taiwan/japan.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2009 11:35:00 PM More reviews by mellytofu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE this product! I have tried lipbalms of many different brands and types (even burt's bees, everyday minerals lip balm, kiehl's #1) but this is the best so far! You know how some chapsticks become dry and unusable after a while, but this one remains smooth and moisturising all the time! I really love the texture and the wonderful shimmer that comes along with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2008 7:31:00 PM More reviews by Falan

This is my chap stick when i buy them i buy a whole lot of em. It has no bad taste with almost no scent at all and it moisturizes. It glides on your lips so you wont have to press as hard. It is better than Burt's Bee's in my opinion. But beware of the heat, it can make it very soft and you might end up putting to much on your lips, keep it in a cool place.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/7/2007 7:38:00 AM More reviews by kanine

Like a true lipbalm junkie, I purchased another lot of lipbalms eventhough I already have something I quite like. The Vaseline Lip Therapy is good for night use but I didn't find it suitable for the day as it's a really slippery and my lipcolour tends to slide off. I came across Water in Lip at a local Sasa and recalled reading good reviews here. However, I don't like it. Don't get me wrong... it's not a bad balm but there's a rather waxy taste to it. I didn't find it as moisturizing too. The packaging is really cute though.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2005 6:47:00 PM More reviews by haneulhouseki

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this! I have the nonscented one in a chaptstick form and it's my favorite chaptsick ever. I have tried other japanese and european brands and this beats all! Also the price is normal priced for just $6 each at my chinese super market :D. Definitely will repurchase this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2005 9:34:00 PM More reviews by marippe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

these are my favorite glosses. they are a little on the expensive side for the size of the tube you get, but i feel that they are worth it.
i like the '3d' series - they are have wonderful shimmer to them, and go on smooth. there is no stickyness at all, and they last for quite a while. i own all of the colors, but peach & pink are my favorites. they are deffinately worth the money! shiseido makes great products.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2005 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Lady_Polaris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Water In Lip is a lip treatment line from Shiseido Fine Toiletry, the drugstore branch of Shiseido. You can find it in lip balm and lip gloss forms. My review is about two of the Water In Lip 3D lip glosses - Sweet Cassis and Peach.

Initially I thought they were dirt cheap, but upon receiving them in the mail I found out the squeeze tube is really small. It fits in the palm of your hand. If they're not exactly the best bang for the buck, at least they look cute and fit inside a small pocket. Another flaw, IMO, is the rounded applicator tip (like a baby version of the MAC Tasti applicator), a slanted applicator gives much more control. The positive side is the tube is made of a rather sturdy plastic - unlike the Kanebo Super Essence Gloss tubes, which look like they're going to crack and spill in your bag.

The gloss itself has a very good texture. It's somewhere between thin and thick, and has a little bit of tack to make sure it won't migrate everywhere. Even so, it's not longwearing, and it doesn't deliver high glossiness, unless you really pile it on (not recommended given the small size of the tube). It feels more like a treatment than like a lip gloss. However, the shimmer on the shades I've bought so far is a bit uncomfortable, a little grittier than usual.

Sweet Cassis is a very very sheer cool toned red with some blue/purple shimmer in the tube. On the lips the shimmer is barely there (just a little bit of gritty feeling), but if you layer it on it shows as a healthy reddish flush. Peach is absolutely LOADED with orange/green glitter, so I don't wear it much. You don't need to layer it on for the glitter to show (in fact I always have to blot it to tone it down). The gloss itself is a very very sheer pale peach with pearlescence - beautiful if only it would show more. Instead, all I get is a pale glaze and a truckload of glitter.

Overall these are cute and cheap, but I'm not impressed. I don't think I will repurchase them, even in other shades. I can get much better glosses out there that moisturize and treat the lips, have more comfortable shimmer and actually show up, for just a little bit more money. It's a pity, I really wanted to love these since they are so cute and inexpensive...

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2005 11:30:00 AM More reviews by Mani_80

I love the Water In Lips lipbalm but not this lip gloss. I would say this is more glittery than shimmery!! When I tried to blot the color off, there were still glitters on my lips. Yes, dirt cheap as a Shiseido product. I prefer all other Shiseido non-drug-store lip glosses over this one though.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2005 4:31:00 PM More reviews by CutiePie12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

An asian exclusive. Cute shimmer. The lipgloss is pretty much a watered down juicy tube. The color is a cross between Baby Pink Apricot and Baby Pink Pearl. It doesn't have the lipgloss feel to it and it's really cute. The tube is a size of Baby Pink Lipglosses or the mini Juicy Tubes. You go through a tube of it really fast though. Cheapest Shiseido product ($6 US)