September 19, 2014 | 976 users online

Pressed Powders - Tarte - Provocateur Mineral Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2011 5:11:00 PM More reviews by r0semarysays

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I initially gave this product a negative review because I thought it was too sheer (I am acne-prone and had some breakouts I wanted to cover). But once I invested in some good concealer (Boi-ing by Benefit- AMAZING stuff) it gave me enough coverage. Although...I sort of don't need to wear foundation now that I have such great concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2011 8:21:00 PM More reviews by betagal

I have this in Fair and really like it. I purchased it as part of a kit with Re-create Foundation a couple of years ago and it is my only powder. I don't find there to be much shimmer, but my eyesight isn't what it used to be. I'll keep purchasing this one.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2010 1:25:00 AM More reviews by msclaudia

Good coverage, has a little bit of shimmer to it, good color match for my skin, When my skin was dry, even after moisturizer this stuff made it feel tighter and dryer. Also pretty sure this was breaking me out, cystic acne that kept multiplying, as soon as I stopped using this it stopped multiplying and started healing. Then out of desperation I used it since my skin looked so horrible while recovering from the cystic acne and I needed coverage to go out in public, the acne started multiplying again. So disappointed since I love tarte and all the beneficial ingredients this powder has in it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2010 2:55:00 AM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was recommended this in Sephora one day when I was looking to change it up. The girl had told me to just use it over concealer, but I have found that was not enough to cover my severe acne. I have found this is best as a finishing powder. I use this over my usual stuff and find that it comes out looking pretty good. I think the shades at least for the fair are pretty spot on. I have noticed that as long as I use a blotting tissue to pick up some of the oil, this goes on smoothly without making me look funny. The packaging is a little odd. I like that it is quilted so I don't worry about dropping it in my purse to take with me. I like that there is a spot in the bottom to store the sponge. The only this is I do not like that the compact does not have a lip around it where the powder is. I find that when I am picking up the powder it will start to spread all on the purple part. Beyond that, this is a pretty great powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2010 1:22:00 AM More reviews by lulabellabeauty

I like this powder a lot. It goes on smooth and helps to even out skin tone. It is a very light to sheer coverage makeup. It's perfect for days when you don't need much coverage, or if you hate the whole makeup thing. I find that this is also great as a finishing powder over my bb cream or over other mmu if i wear mmu. The packaging is weird though. Also which it had a bigger mirror. This also doesn't make me breakout which is great.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2010 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Lux77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this powder, the quality was great and the packaging was really cute but the color was way too yellow for me, I bought it in fair. I'm an NW15 and revlon colorstay in ivory.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2010 4:58:00 PM More reviews by retrotrash82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm on my second compact of this powder, which I think says it all, lol. I tried new powders in between because of the higher price, but had to come back to this one. This is a great powder. Very fine, and a good balance between sheer and opaque. I love to use this as a setting powder, as a little bit helps to keep my makeup in place, and keep shine at bay. I don't really think it's appropriate for use by itself, unless you're into a lighter coverage look over concealer. And for touch-ups? As a rule of thumb, I never use powder for touch-ups because it piles up in pores, but a little swipe of this towards the end of the day is actually nice! While others have complained of oxidation, I actually haven't noticed any such effect. Just pretty, matte dollskin : )

My only problem with this, and the reason I took a lippie, is the packaging. I HATE IT! The weird quilted fabric literally absorbs the powder and takes on a dirty purple color that cannot be taken off. The compact itself is really bulky, which I suppose keeps the powder safe and cushioned, but unfortunately weighs down my makeup bag considerably. Also, the mirror is quite small, and on both compacts, has had adhesive stuck to it from the sticker that covered it before use.

Crappy compact aside, I really love this product. Have I said that enough?! Haha.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2010 8:47:00 PM More reviews by NBtech

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love Tarte for all of their natural ingredients. This powder is housed in a shiny purple compact that is quilted on the top. Inside is a mirror, a pan of powder, and underneath is a sponge to apply the product. I have this powder in light 04. Personally I use a flat top brush to apply the powder. This powder is very silky and smooth in the pan and on my face. I don't have a problem with the powder caking or grabbing onto the drier skin on my face. I primarily use this powder to set my liquid foundation and it keeps my skin less oily and works great for touch ups. Sometimes I use it as a mineral powder foundation and that can easily be done by using a denser brush such as a kabuki brush. For dry skin this should not make it anymore dry and for oily skin this powder is great for controlling oil throughout the day. Also, Tarte is really good about having different undertones in their foundations and concealers so it should be fairly easy to pick a shade.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2010 12:11:00 AM More reviews by juliaesands

This is a fantastic mineral powder. I got the refill powder as an extra in a swap with a girl a few years ago and it kept breaking in the plastic refill container. I finally broke it to pieces and put it in an MAC loose powder refill container and use it now with a great kabuki as a loose powder. I love this stuff! The texture isn't too drying and as I put it over Strobe Cream, it mutes the shininess of that cream perfectly and leaves me luminous and satin-soft. I will use this until it finishes and then...time to discover new powders :p

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2010 6:56:00 PM More reviews by xmakemeoverx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'll give Tarte credit for being an organic and natural brand that doesn't use parabens and other chemicals in their products. I'll also give them credit for their handy packaging. It's very convenient for on the go use. However when I used it, it didn't provide enough coverage for my skin. I couldn't even tell it was there. People thought I wasn't wearing makeup (in a bad way) but sure enough I had all ready use a fair deal of the product. I bought the right color for my skin but unfortunately it didn't do what I was hoping it would do. Sorry, no match for me.