Redken Color Extend Shampoo

3.1

Sodium laureth sulfate

on 9/11/2013 9:04:00 PM

I bought this product because of my dyed hair.. It really extend the colour on my hair, but also it gave me dandruff.
My roots are very oily and my hair looks so dirty.. Sometimes my scalp is even itchy because of this.. I hate it..
BTW, It is such an expensive shampoo!

I would never buy this shampoo again...

on 7/13/2013 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love Redken products, it seems that my hair responds well to them. I have used Redken Fresh Curls (my HG now discontinued), Curvaceous (too heavy), Body Full (too drying), All Soft (worked well), Time Reset (left my hair tangled) Cleansing Cream (LOVE and use this 1X per week) shampoos and my hair prefers the Color Extend. This shampoo foams and cleans well without being harsh. It leaves my hair healthy and shining without being weighted down. I use it sometimes every day and sometimes every other day along with the Redken Color Extend Conditioner. I also use Redken Satinwear 02 Blowdry Lotion to blowdry my hair and finish with Redken Tousle Whip 04 Cream-Wax. I always purchase this from Ulta during their liter sale. For reference I have naturally wavy hair that is NOT color treated since I have an allergy to hair dye (bummer, I know). My hair is between chin and shoulder length, cut in an inverted bob with a few layers. The only thing that I hate about Redken is that they seem to change their formulas often.

on 6/13/2013 9:16:00 AM

It seems most people don't like this shampoo but I really like it. I got a free sample about a month ago and liked it so well that I bought a regular size. I have dry, course hair that is colored. This shampoo extends the color and leaves my hair easy to manage and shiny without weighing it down. The packaging is good just like all other Redken products. It has a light scent that is better than most shampoos I have used. I will repurchase.

on 5/24/2013 5:33:00 PM

I began using this in 2006 and swore by it until this year (2013). Since they have changed the original formula, it is not worth buying. It does NOT clean but, amazingly, the old formula cleaned well. The new formula weighs my hair down and I don't look like I have even washed my hair after using it!! Unless Redken changes back to the original formula, I will not buy this anymore. Sad... I used it for 7 years...but...NO MORE

This left my fine hair very heavy and filmy. My hair looked stringy and very matted.

on 5/19/2013 9:11:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have wavy colored hair and it is pretty healthy. this is by far the worst professional shampoo i have ever used in my life....it gets rid of my waves, dries out my hair, leaves a film on my hair and tangles it terribly. when i use the blonde glam of their other shampoos my hair is just perfect. this is worse than a drug store shampoo. sadly i bought one Liter. i think i will use it as hand soap.

on 5/10/2013 7:24:00 AM

This is an okay shampoo, but not for blond hair. When I use it my darker parts are much more noticeable. I have highlights, because my hair gets a lot darker in the winter, but it grows very fast. After one month my darker blonde hair is already noticeable. So I need shampoos that light up my dark hair as well as cleaning it. I like the shampoo from the extreme line a lot, but my mother has this one and I decided to give it a try. It does clean your hair, and I didn't need conditioner + it's straight when I let it air dry, and my scalp doesn't feel itchy. My mom has brown coloured hair, and her hair looks really shiny and healthy, so maybe it's more suitable for brunettes.

on 5/6/2013 3:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I got this for free when I got my hair tinted at an Ulta salon. I kind of feel like they were giving them away because they couldn't sell them, because honestly, this was bad. My hair is thick, wavy, blonde, bleach and color treated. This was drying + leaves hair sticky/filmy. I've liked their All Soft and Blonde lines (the conditioners, at least, I try to stay away from sulfate shampoo these days) but this one was a definite dud for me.

First I would like to say that I love Redken products! This shampoo was terrible. It smells almost like hair dye to me. Not only that, but it didn't wash out well. I felt like my hair was very unmanageable while using this product.

on 4/6/2013 2:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hi, at my last appointment at a Brisbane salon I had my hair coloured (balayage). I was told that the Redken colour extend shampoo and conditioner would make my hair shiny and extend the life of the colour by up to 4-6 weeks. I was told that I shouldn't use supermarket shampoo/conditioner products. I was also told to use the shampoo twice when washing. I mentioned to my hairdresser that I had dry hair.

Basically what I would like to say is that none of the above claims happened. The toner washed out the first time I used the product. My hair was dull, lifeless and felt like straw and within 48 was super oily. After two uses the result was soo poor that I had to revert back to my supermarket product and my hair felt good again (soft, shiny, bouncy).

I then used the redken shampoo with another conditioner. the result was better but hair was super oily after 24 hours. Then ditched the shampoo and condtioner and hair was fine again..i almost breathed a sigh of relief!

After spending $58 on the Redken shampoo and conditioner I expect more. Yet it was worse than supermarket brands like herbal essences and tresemme. I will never be using the product again and have wasted over $50.

Top Rated Redken Products