Redken Color Extend Shampoo

3.1

Sodium laureth sulfate

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

While this is great at extending the life of my colour, I am allergic to something in this shampoo!! I have bumps and flakes all over my scalp, which has never happened to me before with a shampoo....buyer beware!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I like this shampoo. best of the redken line. Shampoo is super conditioning in itself. the combo makes my hair super soft and thicker and smells awesome.

I have to say first off I thought I'd skip reviewing this shampoo but then thought better of it. I am or maybe I should say was, a huge Redken fan. My Mom was a stylist back in the day and Amino Pon was always the only shampoo in our house. I loved it, it didn't matter what I did to my hair (think blonde streaks attained with peroxide) it always looked and felt very healthy. We didn't even use conditioner at every wash, probably once a week tops and everyone in our family had beautiful hair. Okay, so you know how I feel, or felt, about Redken. So Ulta was having a nice sale and I picked up the 33.8 fl oz color extend shampoo thinking all was good in the world, I also purchased All Soft Heavy Cream Conditioner and Diamond Oil in small tubes to try them out. After about three weeks of use I noticed the ends of my hair looked ragged and it just felt kinda brittle. Well okay, thinking maybe I was due for a trim I scheduled an appointment and asked my stylist what she thought about my hair. Usually she tells me it's shiney, healthy, overall great shape, her comment was, it feels like you have a lot of build up. Overall the shampoo does keep hair color looking nice longer and my hair is shiney but the feel of it is now brittle and even after trimming the ends I'm just not happy. I don't have a problem with silicones but I wonder if this product has so much of them that the product can't really keep hair in overall good shape, it's a mystery but I won't re-purchase and wouldn't recommend this shampoo. I hope Redken can step up and put out better products, I know they are capable as I stated above.

I bought this product because of my dyed hair.. It really extend the colour on my hair, but also it gave me dandruff.
My roots are very oily and my hair looks so dirty.. Sometimes my scalp is even itchy because of this.. I hate it..
BTW, It is such an expensive shampoo!

I would never buy this shampoo again...

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love Redken products, it seems that my hair responds well to them. I have used Redken Fresh Curls (my HG now discontinued), Curvaceous (too heavy), Body Full (too drying), All Soft (worked well), Time Reset (left my hair tangled) Cleansing Cream (LOVE and use this 1X per week) shampoos and my hair prefers the Color Extend. This shampoo foams and cleans well without being harsh. It leaves my hair healthy and shining without being weighted down. I use it sometimes every day and sometimes every other day along with the Redken Color Extend Conditioner. I also use Redken Satinwear 02 Blowdry Lotion to blowdry my hair and finish with Redken Tousle Whip 04 Cream-Wax. I always purchase this from Ulta during their liter sale. For reference I have naturally wavy hair that is NOT color treated since I have an allergy to hair dye (bummer, I know). My hair is between chin and shoulder length, cut in an inverted bob with a few layers. The only thing that I hate about Redken is that they seem to change their formulas often.

It seems most people don't like this shampoo but I really like it. I got a free sample about a month ago and liked it so well that I bought a regular size. I have dry, course hair that is colored. This shampoo extends the color and leaves my hair easy to manage and shiny without weighing it down. The packaging is good just like all other Redken products. It has a light scent that is better than most shampoos I have used. I will repurchase.

I began using this in 2006 and swore by it until this year (2013). Since they have changed the original formula, it is not worth buying. It does NOT clean but, amazingly, the old formula cleaned well. The new formula weighs my hair down and I don't look like I have even washed my hair after using it!! Unless Redken changes back to the original formula, I will not buy this anymore. Sad... I used it for 7 years...but...NO MORE

This left my fine hair very heavy and filmy. My hair looked stringy and very matted.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have wavy colored hair and it is pretty healthy. this is by far the worst professional shampoo i have ever used in my life....it gets rid of my waves, dries out my hair, leaves a film on my hair and tangles it terribly. when i use the blonde glam of their other shampoos my hair is just perfect. this is worse than a drug store shampoo. sadly i bought one Liter. i think i will use it as hand soap.

This is an okay shampoo, but not for blond hair. When I use it my darker parts are much more noticeable. I have highlights, because my hair gets a lot darker in the winter, but it grows very fast. After one month my darker blonde hair is already noticeable. So I need shampoos that light up my dark hair as well as cleaning it. I like the shampoo from the extreme line a lot, but my mother has this one and I decided to give it a try. It does clean your hair, and I didn't need conditioner + it's straight when I let it air dry, and my scalp doesn't feel itchy. My mom has brown coloured hair, and her hair looks really shiny and healthy, so maybe it's more suitable for brunettes.