October 1, 2014 | 926 users online

Cleansers - Kanebo - naive facial cleansing foam - green tea

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2009 3:16:00 AM More reviews by mink_lunar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Being Asian, I though I would try some Asian drugstore cleanser... This product specifically targets Oily Skin, as advertised. I brought it even though my skin is Normal though, cause I didn't like the normal one's scent (I think? Don't remember) It was on sale, so I was like: "Why not? It does what it says: cleanse makeup off. It smells average, lather well, and have a good creamy consistency. But it makes my skin somewhat itchy and tightens it. It kind of give that squeaky clean feeling, which tells me that the cleanser to harsh on the skin. It doesn't go so far as dry it, but I have a very good, normal skin, and have never been irritated by anything before. This would be good for oily skin I guess, but definitely not for normal or dry skin. I wouldn't buy this again, buy I may try the other ones though if it ever goes on sale again. People with combo skin should watch out for your dry skin parts when using this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2008 9:25:00 PM More reviews by ChenchillaxChop

I got this in my yearly trip to taiwan, and I love it.
I use this to remove my makeup, and it doesn't break me out (asian products usually don't, they're much more gentle/natural.)
and actually has a bit of menthol in it, which I ALWAYS love because it makes my face feel really clean and minty.
It smells nice, lathers really well, and makes my skin smooth, and others may not have had this result but it seems to brighten my skin and make it feel so smooth!
I also love the package. Very cute.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2008 5:27:00 PM More reviews by AgelessCookie

I've been using this product for a few years now ever since my friend bought it for me as a Christmas gift. I love how it smells and feels on my skin. And yes, it makes my skin a bit dry so I use it in the mornings and use my Basis cleanser at night. So far, I find that it works pretty well for me. I like to use new, different products and I've been itching to purchase a new one but I haven't been able to part with it just yet.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2007 12:40:00 AM More reviews by autumncheshcat

Nyaaah! Immediately after using this and stepping out of the shower, my skin was covered in BRIGHT red hive-y blotches. I don't know what in the world is in it, but my skin isn't terribly sensitive. It made the skin under my eyes ache and burn, and now they're itchy and my face feels hot and swollen.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2007 6:28:00 PM More reviews by blahiffy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I believe that this product is very nice for normal, combination, and oily skin. It lathers up quite nicely and has a great scent. Upon contact, the foam is extremely refreshing and soothing on your skin. It's not abrasive at all, and it's perfect for daily AM and PM cleanses. I recommend that you foam up the product with your hands first and then apply it to your face, as it is less taxing on your skin. Yes, this product may be slightly drying if you use it more than twice a day, but I've had no problems with it so far.
Overall, this product is definitely a staple in my routine. It is dirt cheap and does the job extremely well. Another winner from Kanebo!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2007 5:06:00 PM More reviews by pinki3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the feeling of this cleanser. I have adult acne breakouts and this cleanser doesn't irritate my acne at all. it also doesn't strip out all the oil from my face. I love the tingly minty feeling of this greentea cleanser while I massage it on my face. I bought this along with the peach version of the cleanser and a pink bottle of makeup removing liquid. I will try those out soon hopefully, I will like them as much as this cleanser! Cheaper than drugstore cleansers. I got my my greentea cleanser for $4.50 plus tax. plus, it foams a lot, so a bottle will probably last me a long time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2006 10:39:00 AM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

Price: $5 at asian supermarkets. $6-7 online.

Size: I think it's 4.2 oz or so.

Packaging: It has japanese characters on it. On the back, there's an ingredient list in English.

PROS: It doesn't dry out my skin. My skin is pretty oily, but some harsh face wash strips away my natural oils. This one doesn't. It removes makeup VERY well. It's cheap and effective. The foam is cloudy and luxurious! It leaves a nice refreshing cooling feeling. A little bit of it goes a long, long way.

CONS: It's a little harder to rinse off than I am used to with other cleansers. I don't know if i'm using too much product. It takes a lot of rubbing and splashing with water to get it all off. It leaves a squeaky clean feeling, which I do not like anymore because it can be a bit drying. So far I haven't experienced any skin tightness with this cleanser.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2006 1:49:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

you only need a small amount to get a good lather. Nice tingly feeling after rinsing. This really does an excellent job of taking off my makeup and leaving my face feel clean. I spent around five bucks for this at ranch 99. They also have other scents like peach. Edit: This started to break me out after a couple of weeks of daily use. Maybe its too much for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2006 4:15:00 AM More reviews by blzwbr

It's my HG cleanser. It could even remove waterproof makeups~~~! It removes black heads, tights up pores, has nice greet tea scent, not to metion it only costs $5, and you could find it everywhere. cannot live without it o^-^o

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2005 2:52:00 AM More reviews by Rikoo

At first I used the Kanebo naive peach and it wasn't working too well, but I found out that that one is for dry skin. The green tea version is for oily skin, so this has worked great for me. Great smell, foams well, and my face feels very clean afterwards. The best part is it's generally cheaper than the American face washes at the drugstore. Good stuff!