MAC Satin - Club

4.4

on 3/5/2013 3:08:00 PM

Between this and Crystal Avalanche, these are the only two shadows I've ever hit pan on. This color is so gorgeous! It's like a purpley, greyish, green color. The pearl effect this shadow has is beautiful and unmatched by any other MAC shadow. I've used this just to line my lid, as a crease color, and also a lid color in a smokey eye. They all turned out gorgeous! You can pair this with anything - greens, blues, purples, white, cream, browns, greys, etc. I will definitely repurchase this color once it runs out. I'm really not a fan of black shadows, so this is what I use instead. It's dark enough to make that same smokey look, without hiding your lashes or looking like way too much is going on. The fall out is minimal, wich is also a great selling point for this shadow.

Well I must admit, at first I wasn't too happy with this color, until I learned how to use it. It came on very dark and almost brown when I was using my normal blending brush to apply it. However, once I tried using a different brush, the duo chrome color really did show up. You should always use this color with a paint pot as a base to start. Now the key for this shadow to really show up well is by using the MAC 252 large shader brush. Any other brush just doesn't allow this color to really show how great it is. If you want a more dramatic look, and want even more of the teal green color to show then I suggest swiping the color on your brush, then spraying your brush with MAC Fix +. Have fun and good luck!

on 2/22/2013 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Ahhh Club. It took a long time for me to figure out how to use this to its full capabilities. For me, I like it best all over my lid and blended into the socket. But this is where I was going wrong before, thinking I could use it dry on my lids to get the gorgeous blue green effect. Wrong! I have to use it WET for the duochrome effect to work. If I don't wet my brush, then I don't get the pretty colour I'm after. Just a rusty red/brown whuch doesn't look too nice. I like to pair Club with Plumage in the V and Tealo liner on my waterline. The teal tones really shine through when these 3 products are used together. X

on 2/2/2013 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is an incredible and pretty unique color. I loved the swatches and what it looked like in the pan, I also loved looks on other people. I have had this for almost 2 years when I finally decided to sell it.
I just could not make it work at all. I found it rather boring and too red in the crease, and that beautiful monochrome only came out when used over a dark base. Now, I look terrible with black all over my lid or anything as dark as that. I have never been able to pull off a full on smokey eye. So putting a black base underneath Club make the duochrome effect come out, but I just looked hideous.
I tried it as a liner, which I didn't like, I tried it as a lid color, which looked weired and quite boring for what it is, I tried it with a black/brown base underneath, I tried it as a crease color. It looked horrible on me.
Also I find it very sad that without a darker base that green won't really come out and you just have a reddish-brown.
Such a shame!

on 2/2/2013 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I love this e/s. It's a metallic green/brown and, like ELF's socialite, can be used all the way up to the crease and it will look like you are wearing one colour on your lid and another one on your crease. I tend to smoke it out and there you have it. A great look that takes a minute. I then take whatever's left on the brush and run it underneath my lashline, under my eyes. A gorgeous look that can be made stronger or more subtle depending on how heavily you apply it. Just for the record I am now 40 and while I'm staying away from very frosty e/s on my crease, I have no problems at all with club.

If you are fair with warm/yellow undertones (think NC15ish or EL DW Bone 1W1), olive green eyes, and blonde hair, let me tell you this color is hot! I use it to line the outer third of my eyes, above and below. Does not look harsh at all, and has made my eyes stand out in a very flattering way. You can add a touch of Black Tied to the outer edge if you like, and it looks fab. If you prefer to have a softer effect, I highly recommend using Charcoal Brown with Club (or Charcoal Brown with Black Tied while we are talking about it). Smexy!! I might also add, that none of the aforementioned colors pull red, orange, or anything that might resemble a bruised look. SOLD.

on 1/26/2013 2:18:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Club is the most interesting shade of eye shadow Ė itís duochrome of green, brown and a hint of red. On my eyes itís a strong flash of green and brown. Then, when I apply it over a black base, it alters the colour and cancels out the redness, and turns Club into a deep, smokey green. Then I blend it into my crease and it looks like Iím wearing two colours, and have put in a lot more effort into my eye make-up, itís the perfect lazy girl eye shadow! You can pair this with greens, browns and golds, and even pink! Club has a Satin finish.

on 12/29/2012 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

MAC Club looks like a puddle of gasoline that's been spilled on the sidewalk, if you've ever seen that. Has a rainbow effect to it. It's very holographic, meaning it can easily change shades and be interpreted differently based on what color is underneath it and what lighting you're in. In the pan, it looks like a dark shiny green. If you turn your head a certain angle, it looks brown. Then it looks violet. Sometimes I see red. Sometimes frosty grey. It really is a chameleon color.

On my NW25 complexion, it shows as a light, shiny brown shade. But once again, that depends on what's underneath. I layered it onto black liner and it produced this cool violet disco effect. It my bathroom it looked green on my lids but when I went outside it looked brown. You get it? Really cool without looking trampy.

on 12/24/2012 2:58:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I sure wish for the 'would you buy this product again' there was a maybe. Because I honestly don't know if I would. I did put 'no'.

When I got this eyeshadow, I got it on a whim (along with 'Electra'). When I tried it at first, I was disappointed. I didn't like how it was on me.

When you own 'Club' though, you do find a way to make it work. And when you do, you'll appreciate it. It is a complicated color to describe, because of the lighting but it's a great color when you really work with it.

My biggest complaint would be how it smears. Be careful not take too much at once.

on 12/19/2012 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Another one that's gorgeous in the pan and nothing special when applied. MAC has a pigment called Blue Brown that's similar, and much better in my opinion.