October 21, 2014 | 2012 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Satin - Club

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2013 2:44:00 PM More reviews by Emma93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is an incredible and pretty unique color. I loved the swatches and what it looked like in the pan, I also loved looks on other people. I have had this for almost 2 years when I finally decided to sell it.
I just could not make it work at all. I found it rather boring and too red in the crease, and that beautiful monochrome only came out when used over a dark base. Now, I look terrible with black all over my lid or anything as dark as that. I have never been able to pull off a full on smokey eye. So putting a black base underneath Club make the duochrome effect come out, but I just looked hideous.
I tried it as a liner, which I didn't like, I tried it as a lid color, which looked weired and quite boring for what it is, I tried it with a black/brown base underneath, I tried it as a crease color. It looked horrible on me.
Also I find it very sad that without a darker base that green won't really come out and you just have a reddish-brown.
Such a shame!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2013 2:35:00 PM More reviews by LucySmith2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this e/s. It's a metallic green/brown and, like ELF's socialite, can be used all the way up to the crease and it will look like you are wearing one colour on your lid and another one on your crease. I tend to smoke it out and there you have it. A great look that takes a minute. I then take whatever's left on the brush and run it underneath my lashline, under my eyes. A gorgeous look that can be made stronger or more subtle depending on how heavily you apply it. Just for the record I am now 40 and while I'm staying away from very frosty e/s on my crease, I have no problems at all with club.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2013 11:01:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

If you are fair with warm/yellow undertones (think NC15ish or EL DW Bone 1W1), olive green eyes, and blonde hair, let me tell you this color is hot! I use it to line the outer third of my eyes, above and below. Does not look harsh at all, and has made my eyes stand out in a very flattering way. You can add a touch of Black Tied to the outer edge if you like, and it looks fab. If you prefer to have a softer effect, I highly recommend using Charcoal Brown with Club (or Charcoal Brown with Black Tied while we are talking about it). Smexy!! I might also add, that none of the aforementioned colors pull red, orange, or anything that might resemble a bruised look. SOLD.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 2:18:00 AM More reviews by Parisa909

Club is the most interesting shade of eye shadow Ė itís duochrome of green, brown and a hint of red. On my eyes itís a strong flash of green and brown. Then, when I apply it over a black base, it alters the colour and cancels out the redness, and turns Club into a deep, smokey green. Then I blend it into my crease and it looks like Iím wearing two colours, and have put in a lot more effort into my eye make-up, itís the perfect lazy girl eye shadow! You can pair this with greens, browns and golds, and even pink! Club has a Satin finish.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2012 8:54:00 PM More reviews by sweetfart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

MAC Club looks like a puddle of gasoline that's been spilled on the sidewalk, if you've ever seen that. Has a rainbow effect to it. It's very holographic, meaning it can easily change shades and be interpreted differently based on what color is underneath it and what lighting you're in. In the pan, it looks like a dark shiny green. If you turn your head a certain angle, it looks brown. Then it looks violet. Sometimes I see red. Sometimes frosty grey. It really is a chameleon color.

On my NW25 complexion, it shows as a light, shiny brown shade. But once again, that depends on what's underneath. I layered it onto black liner and it produced this cool violet disco effect. It my bathroom it looked green on my lids but when I went outside it looked brown. You get it? Really cool without looking trampy.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2012 2:58:00 PM More reviews by cocodogg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I sure wish for the 'would you buy this product again' there was a maybe. Because I honestly don't know if I would. I did put 'no'.

When I got this eyeshadow, I got it on a whim (along with 'Electra'). When I tried it at first, I was disappointed. I didn't like how it was on me.

When you own 'Club' though, you do find a way to make it work. And when you do, you'll appreciate it. It is a complicated color to describe, because of the lighting but it's a great color when you really work with it.

My biggest complaint would be how it smears. Be careful not take too much at once.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2012 7:22:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Another one that's gorgeous in the pan and nothing special when applied. MAC has a pigment called Blue Brown that's similar, and much better in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by misslu990

I love this color, but it's very easy to over do it. I had an eye shadow palette that was of course limited edition years ago that had an e/s kind of similar to this one and I fell in love with it. Once I ran out, I was not too happy so I went in search of something similar to that color. This hits pretty close to home, but I wish I could remember the name of that collection and e/s color. The color of this reminds me of being a little dimensional [if that makes any sense?] because at one angle its a bluish green sort of teal while at another angle it has a brown color to it. I don't wear this much during the day, but I love wearing it time to time when I'm going out clubbing [kind of funny it's named club]. I've hit pan on this and I've had it for awhile, but I'll definitely repurchase when there's none left.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by franzvonstuck

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Like many girls, I had a hard time to make this eyeshadow work.
Club is officially described as "a red brown with a green shimmer". I would say, the colour is more complex when you look at it, like brown, green and blue mixed toghether. It sparkles and looks different depending on the way you wear it.
I swatched it on my hand and was sold. Such a pretty colour.
But - and thereīs a huge but here- it was hard for me to wear it like I wanted it to wear: Shimmery with all the greenish-blueish-shimmer really coming out!
All I got first was a reddish-brown colour and I canīt really wear warm-toned shadows, so I looked horrible.
But I figured out, what to do to bring out the real beautiful complex colour of this eyeshadow.
First, I used it wet as an eyeliner and it really rocks. Being more flattering than black liner, glamorous with the shimmery colour and at the same time subtle enough to wear in daytime.
A bit more tricky was the use as an actual eyeshadow.
Thereīs no use in slather it on your lids without a good base like a MAC paint pot.
I use a paint pot in ochre as a base and then pat it on with an eyeshadow brush. No stroking or wiping the colour over the lid. If the colour gets a little reddish where I blend, I put a little of copperplate eyeshadow on and blend it well. This avoids the gruelsome reddish brown, which makes me look like I cried myself to sleep.
I use mostly greys with this shadow to make the colour look more cool-toned.
Sometimes, I use it wet as an eyeshadow, with just a tiny bit of water to create a thick paste, that I pat on my lids. But again, this only works with a good base like a paint pot.
Depending on how dark you want it to be, you can also put a middle or dark toned eyeshadow like copperplate, typographic or carbon over the paint pot first and then add club.
Or use blackground as paint pot if you want a more colourful, shimmery smokey eye.
I can say, that I love this colour now that I found out how to use it.
Itīs not the easiest colour from MAC, but love it all the same.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2012 2:23:00 PM More reviews by sarahmarie86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my favorite eyeshadow to create a smokey eye. It can be difficult to make the color show up on the lid without having to build it up for thirty minutes :) So, I have found club works best while using a slightly damp 239. Club on the lid, kid to transition, and vanilla to highlight -- AMAZING for green eyes! Check out my blog for pictures and swatches:

http://eyeshadowaa.blogspot.com/ continued >>