April 19, 2014 | 978 users online

Polishes - Revlon - Nail Enamel

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2013 9:52:00 AM More reviews by septhyneriadi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is just an ok polish for me. Despite the ugly bottles they have some pretty colors.
In terms of formula they are not so bad so I just bear with it

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 12:39:00 PM More reviews by rebsays

I am a big fan of these polishes. I have a few of them and I love applying them. They go on nicely and dry quickly.
I will buy again and would recommend to anybody.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2013 10:07:00 AM More reviews by pixiekitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I cannot wear any other nailpolishes after wearing these. The colour choice is great, the staying power is amazing (and ladies, I've tried ALL department stores have to offer in nailpolishes) and Revlon nailpolishes beat out majority of the competition. I'm sorry but OPI is crap compared to Revlons. They dry fast too, but really the win is in the non chippyness - as a geologist my nailpolish chips basically the day/day after I put nailpolish on (but as a diva I paint them anyway) but Revlon stays atleast three days regardless. Awesome.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by Deshi22

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this in Minted. Its not very opaque and I had to apply 3 coats to get it to the color the bottle is. There are a lot of colors and the price is reasonable. The staying power is pretty good, too. I didn't use a base coat for it, and it stayed on for about a week.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2013 10:38:00 AM More reviews by IheartCHA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

To be honest, their polishes are nothing special. At all. I have a couple, and both formulas are pretty lousy. My latest purchase, "Minted" is a beautiful mint green color; a color no other DS brands seemed to carry at the time. This color is NOT opaque! UGH! It streaks and gets thicker as you try to use it. Plain gross. I've even tried a white base coat to no avail. Maybe other people are more patient, applying four layers of polish to get an even color. Not me. The cheaper drugstore nail polishes are far better quality in my opinion, and they apply evenly. Save your money and get two cheaper colors from other DS brands! I will not repurchase these.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2012 12:08:00 AM More reviews by tamedDOLL

This is a review for Clear 771. The lasting power is eh. It starts to peel on the edges after 1 day on bare nails, 2 on top of a base coat. It also bubbles a bit on the nails, especially after a second coat, like suggested on the bottle. I don't find it glossy enough. Even though it is not advertised as a fast drying polish, it dries pretty quick and i love that! I guess the end result is just OK, but it doesn't last.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2012 10:39:00 PM More reviews by Vynro

I'd recommend this to anyone on a low budget looking for large selections of colours.

PRICE - I got this for 25HKD from Sasa. I used to use OPI but this definitely tops it.

COLOURS - All of them have great pigmentation and come out in brilliant vibrant colours. I have this in Mysterious (a rich vibrant midnight blue which really pops and looks great on toes), Sassy (a bright vibrant lime green which I haven't had the chance to try out yet), Pretty Penny ( a metallic rose gold which works well on fingers. I generally only use pale natural polishes on my fingernails, but these give a subtle yet sophisticated touch to them) and Clear (a transparent varnish).

STAYING POWER/APPLICATION -
all of them go on smooth and solid. One coat is often good enough when not intended for long term wear, but two coats is preferable. These also dry incredibly fast (LOVE!!!) which works well for me as I have zero patience for these things and often end up ruining my nails if made to wait.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2012 8:13:00 AM More reviews by Rebeccaxx24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really think the revlon nail enamel is very good quality. Great application and you get a lot more in the bottle than in your average nail polish. It's also great when you can get a few colours 3 for 2 at boots. I picked up Charming and Dreamer the other day a long with a varnish from bourjois which I am yet to try.

I have fallen in love with Charming, its a beautiful pale lilac colour which I think would look great on anyone, its so pretty, fast drying and long lasting. Dreamer on the other hand is a pale blue which looks very pastel like in the bottle, but on the nail a little bit darker and I am not that keen on the colour, I applied it last night but quickly removed it and re-applied Charming.

Despite that, the nail enamel is still great quality and I'd recommend them to anyone as long as you find the shade that suits you!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2012 6:25:00 AM More reviews by ChanelLove07

Hands down one of the best nail polishes! Why?
- Amazing pigmentation (one coat is lovely, but 2 coats is best for me)
- Dries so quickly
- Does not dry out in bottle
- Gorgeous colors
- Dirt Cheap!
I honestly prefer these than opi.
I own 9 colors from revlon.
Craving coral, twinkled pink, wine about everything, mad about mango (scented), pink chiffon, lilac pastelle, electric pink, passion punch shimmer and get ready.

My all time fav is craving coral! A bright and vibrant coral. Love it

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2012 8:30:00 PM More reviews by thespacecowgirl

Revlon polishes are a little evil. They nearly always have, and are frequently the only affordable brand that has, the color I'm looking for...and I end up buying it even though I know darn well that the Revlon polishes I choose, at least, are always annoyingly sheer. Thank goodness for black and white "lingerie" polishes. My favorites are Grape Icy (a pearly bright purple pearl that smells like grape candy), Lilac Pastelle (gorgeous pale icy pink lilac), and Cloud (pastel periwinkle or lavender with or without white polish beneath, respectively).