November 1, 2014 | 1204 users online

Polishes - Revlon - Nail Enamel

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2013 9:16:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

I just bought my first Revlon nail polish in years. A perfect fuschia with strong blue tones, Fuschia Fever is a strong pink and I am not sure I am brave enough to wear it that often! I was surprised at how thick the brush and the formula are - I shook well but on reflection I should have just applied one coat and not two and I'm not too happy at the mess I made around my nails because of the thick brush. I wouldn't buy another Revlon but I'll use this up.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 7:19:00 PM More reviews by Pestina18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Revlon nail polish is awesome! It's my favorite. Besides being a cheap brand, coming in many pretty colors, and being found in practically every drug and make-up store, my favorite thing about Revlon polish is that it's 5-free. Some polishes are 3-free, meaning they don't contain formaldehyde, toluene, or DBP. Revlon is FIVE-free, meaning it ALSO doesn't contain camphor or formaldehyde resin. Being such a big company, I didn't even expect Revlon to be 3-free, let alone 5-free. This polish is thin, goes on smoothly, and dries quickly. My favorite colors are Minted and Elegant. This is totally my go-to nail polish.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by hovanyir

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm using Revlon nail polish with no base coat, I only apply two coats of color (right now my fave is 909, sheer petal) and two coats of Revlon gel shine top coat. I have literally perfect mani for the whole week, no chips, not even tip wear. I do apply another coat of top coat midweek but I do work in a preschool, lots of hand washing, art projects, buttoning, zipping coats etc. Revlon is the best nail polish out there and for the quality, it is dirt cheap. It dries very quickly, applies evenly and the brush is nice and small, easy to work with. This color I'm in love now, 909, a perfect spring color, excellent for strict office codes.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2013 9:52:00 AM More reviews by septhyneriadi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is just an ok polish for me. Despite the ugly bottles they have some pretty colors.
In terms of formula they are not so bad so I just bear with it

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 12:39:00 PM More reviews by rebsays

I am a big fan of these polishes. I have a few of them and I love applying them. They go on nicely and dry quickly.
I will buy again and would recommend to anybody.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2013 10:07:00 AM More reviews by pixiekitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I cannot wear any other nailpolishes after wearing these. The colour choice is great, the staying power is amazing (and ladies, I've tried ALL department stores have to offer in nailpolishes) and Revlon nailpolishes beat out majority of the competition. I'm sorry but OPI is crap compared to Revlons. They dry fast too, but really the win is in the non chippyness - as a geologist my nailpolish chips basically the day/day after I put nailpolish on (but as a diva I paint them anyway) but Revlon stays atleast three days regardless. Awesome.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by Deshi22

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this in Minted. Its not very opaque and I had to apply 3 coats to get it to the color the bottle is. There are a lot of colors and the price is reasonable. The staying power is pretty good, too. I didn't use a base coat for it, and it stayed on for about a week.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2013 10:38:00 AM More reviews by IheartCHA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

To be honest, their polishes are nothing special. At all. I have a couple, and both formulas are pretty lousy. My latest purchase, "Minted" is a beautiful mint green color; a color no other DS brands seemed to carry at the time. This color is NOT opaque! UGH! It streaks and gets thicker as you try to use it. Plain gross. I've even tried a white base coat to no avail. Maybe other people are more patient, applying four layers of polish to get an even color. Not me. The cheaper drugstore nail polishes are far better quality in my opinion, and they apply evenly. Save your money and get two cheaper colors from other DS brands! I will not repurchase these.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2012 12:08:00 AM More reviews by tamedDOLL

This is a review for Clear 771. The lasting power is eh. It starts to peel on the edges after 1 day on bare nails, 2 on top of a base coat. It also bubbles a bit on the nails, especially after a second coat, like suggested on the bottle. I don't find it glossy enough. Even though it is not advertised as a fast drying polish, it dries pretty quick and i love that! I guess the end result is just OK, but it doesn't last.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2012 10:39:00 PM More reviews by Vynro

I'd recommend this to anyone on a low budget looking for large selections of colours.

PRICE - I got this for 25HKD from Sasa. I used to use OPI but this definitely tops it.

COLOURS - All of them have great pigmentation and come out in brilliant vibrant colours. I have this in Mysterious (a rich vibrant midnight blue which really pops and looks great on toes), Sassy (a bright vibrant lime green which I haven't had the chance to try out yet), Pretty Penny ( a metallic rose gold which works well on fingers. I generally only use pale natural polishes on my fingernails, but these give a subtle yet sophisticated touch to them) and Clear (a transparent varnish).

STAYING POWER/APPLICATION -
all of them go on smooth and solid. One coat is often good enough when not intended for long term wear, but two coats is preferable. These also dry incredibly fast (LOVE!!!) which works well for me as I have zero patience for these things and often end up ruining my nails if made to wait.