John Frieda Radiant Red Anti-Fade Shampoo

3.1

on 7/24/2010 4:01:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Overpriced crap. Doesn't help the red stay in your hair at all, is drying, and stains your hands. Smells weird as well.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have color-treated red hair. I can never find the red version of this line in Philly, so I had my mom keep an eye out where she is, figuring a shampoo MADE for those with red hair would keep my color lasting a bit longer. While I don't find that it makes my hair any brighter, I wouldn't say it strips it, either.

Color benefits aside, my hair always looks AWESOME when I use this shampoo. I only use it maybe twice a week, but I find that it helps cut down on frizz and just makes it overall easier to style when I use this shampoo. I love the smell, too. I think I'd repurchase this just because of how much my hair itself likes it, not so much the color.

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I love this product. I have naturally red hair, but this does make my hair nice and shiny. It sort of revives it. And a plus is it smells so good. Its the best smelling shampoo I have ever smelt. I would recommend this.

on 11/22/2009 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

So I just dyed my hair red for the first time and I used Frieda's frizz free stuff before and liked it.
I did not like this at all. I really wished I bought the Pantene instead; my red headed friends told me later that was the better choice.
All it did was act like a shampoo. Did not hold my colour; my vibrant red turned a strange copper instead, totally lost my colour. And my hair went greasy in only a day and always hung strangely limp. At first I thought it was the weather but I had to wash my hair with another shampoo and conditioner one day and my hair totally was amazing afterward. So...totally shampoo's fault.
Not worth the 10$ one bit.

on 11/8/2009 10:17:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I was really excited to try this, since i really like the conditioner. This shampoo smells great and creates a beautiful lather. Unfortunately, it not only doesn't keep my hair red longer, but seems to almost strip the red from my hair. I made the mistake of buying 2 bottles, too. :p

on 11/29/2008 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Colored red hair in general can be hard to maintain between visits to the salon, but this product just washed away that beautiful red and turned it into the muddy orange color after some usage. If I did dye my hair red again, I wouldn't use this product again.

on 10/17/2008 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This shampoo made my scalp itch like crazy! No other shampoo, before or since has done this. Plus it left my long dark red hair lank and dull. I would not recommend this to anyone.

on 8/30/2008 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

If I could have given this less than 1 lippie I would have. I had just recentley had my hair colored and after using this just once I had to buy a clarifying shampoo to get the gunk out it left behind and now my color is gone. It left a strong residue like coating on my hair so much so that my hair just hump limp and had no shine. This promptly went into the garbage. The WORST shampoo I have ever used.

on 3/28/2008 10:17:00 AM

I bought the whole line of Radiant Red products. My hair faded even more quickly!!! I know it's because I felt it was safe to shampoo a little more frequently, but this product does not help red hair stay red longer!!!!

on 12/27/2007 12:29:00 PM

As a shampoo I quite like this although I'm not convinced it actually does anything to maintain the redness of red hair. I have natural red hair which is rapidly fading now I'm in my middle age so I give it a bit of help at the hairdressers with streaks. I need something to keep it up between salon visits.
I use this in conjunction with the conditioner and also the John Frieda Colour Glaze, which I think is brilliant. Because the instructions on the Colour Glaze suggest you use the shampoo and conditioner I got them, although I don't use them all the time.
But I think for the price perhaps you can't expect anything more as it really is a nice shampoo that lathers well and makes the hair clean and shiny. The very dark red colour of the shampoo is possibly a bit misleading since this isn't actually transferred to the hair.

Top Rated John Frieda Products